Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 02:19 AM   #11
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3yr old says teacher spanks

I'd be livid if anybody laid a hand on my kid. Or any kid that wasn't theirs, even if the behaviour warranted discipline.

I wouldn't even let my parents spank my kids. It's just not their position to do so.

Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 06:46 AM   #12
ohgirlohboyohno
Registered Users
seller
seller

I feel like poop about the whole thing. I can say with 100% confidence that my child is not being hit. Emma is a very outspoken honest child. She says things with no worry about any consequence (I think she doesn't believe in consequences :-/) She would tell me the straight forward honest truth when asked. I do not have confidence in the teacher. She was an afterschool caregiver last year, and this is her first year teaching a class. She seems overwhelmed and not sure what she is doing. I will give the director some time to get the situation sorted out and then depending on what the outcome is I will decide on what I want to do about Emma in the class....Emma has a BEST friend in there that I would hate to take her away from, if that can be avoided.

I am HOPING the school has a zero tolerance policy on that and the teacher will be let go, as much as I hate for someone to lose their job I think that this is an appropriate situation to warrant that.

NEW Giftable Innotab2 players FS (pink and blue) here
ohgirlohboyohno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 07:44 AM   #13
mama23boyz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Even if my child is not being spanked, I would not want them in a class that the teacher spanked, especially w/ my child witnessing it. If the teacher is not let go, I'd withdraw. I wonder if she struck out of anger/frustration. She obviously does not have the classroom management skills that are needed to teach a preschool class.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:08 AM   #14
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

It's hard but you did the right thing. This lady is not appropriate for the classroom. She is probably a very good person but cannot handle the stress.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:18 AM   #15
travelmama24
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You absolutely did the right thing mama. I would have said something as well. A child should not be hit or made to feel bad because of a potty accident. This woman is clearly not meant to work with little kids.
travelmama24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 02:15 PM   #16
unfadingcolors
Registered Users
seller

i wonder how they can prove this teacher did this? It'd be a shame if she remains working there because they can't prove it.

poor little guy
Old 09-21-2012, 04:23 PM   #17
GodLover
Registered Users
seller

Yikes!!! How sad!
GodLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 03:57 PM   #18
themaelane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My concern is that if she spanked for potty what else will she spank for? Don't let this rest, protect your child and the other children as well. Not being in class with her friend will suck, but not as much as living in fear of being spanked, or getting hit. Best of luck, keep us updated!
ISO: NB covers/fitteds, flats, wool, 'big sister' stuff for a 4YO girl.
themaelane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 PM   #19
kattayanna_mom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfadingcolors
i wonder how they can prove this teacher did this? It'd be a shame if she remains working there because they can't prove it.

poor little guy
The classes should have cameras in the rooms so to save the butts of teachers and other staff for these very reasons we had a worker get fired recently for biting a 2 yr old as punishment for biting another child and like an idiot she knew the camera could view the entire room.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:26 PM   #20
BeccaSueCongdon
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kattayanna_mom

The classes should have cameras in the rooms so to save the butts of teachers and other staff for these very reasons we had a worker get fired recently for biting a 2 yr old as punishment for biting another child and like an idiot she knew the camera could view the entire room.
0_O

I cannot even imagine biting someone else's kid.
Cra-zay!!
BeccaSueCongdon is offline   Reply With Quote