Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 02:06 PM   #21
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
Formerly: whitehologram
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Thursday

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherylchoo View Post
Hola mamacitas. I've spent the whole day looking for someone to tar my driveway.

I did hit Target today and boy you were right. The girls' clothes suck. The shorts on clearance now look like Daisy Dukes. And there was nothing in the boys' section in Ian's size. For anything.

Good job janine on achieving Nirvana. I love it when that happens.

I have been looking and looking for a fall wreath to put on our front door. Everything is either $40, or if it's cheaper it is sparse and spindly looking. So I went to Dollar Tree today and bought a dozen springs of faux flowers and some florist wire, and bound them to a wreath form I already had at home. I'm pretty dang impressed considering where I got all the materials.

I really really want to take a nap. But I need to take the kids to their afterschool thing. And get my chance to go to the really cool shopping center. But I may just nap in the parking lot, I'm so tired.
I get to have all the fun tomorrow too. No appointments and I dont start work until 1pm. No nap unless I go back to bed after the kids go to school but that's ok, I was caffeine free today especially so I could nap. Tomorrow I'll caffeine up and I'll be fine

I wanna see the wreath. Pics!

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 03:47 PM   #22
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Wow...my arms are killing me. I probably shouldn't have spent most of the day knitting.
Old 09-20-2012, 04:43 PM   #23
~whitehologram~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I waited up to see Daisy...and I saw her come out of the underground housing system I got for her. I'm so glad. Up until recently she'd been sleeping in the digging pit. I changed out the housing from her summer house to the winter set up a couple of weeks ago and she just refused to go into the new house. Now she is

Tidied up the cage, put some fresh food in for her and moved the subscrate back over to the digging pit side. It'd wandered a bit and gotten flat which made the bridge too steep for her to get up to the topper.

Anyway...sorry for the boring hamster stuff...time for bed.

everyone!
Old 09-20-2012, 04:58 PM   #24
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
And they are gone. Mel I just realized as they pulled out that I have to adjust MH's carseat AGAIN...we just did when you were here and now I have to do it again tonight. Crazy long torso child!
Oh which seat? Or both? She'll be 5 in Jan, right? Sounds about right to be top slot on her seats. Of course, E outgrew his Marathon at 4 and his Nautilus at 5.25. He is 48" tall now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~whitehologram~
Anyone got a favourite smoothie recipe?

I remember Mel had one a while back. Raspberry I think?
I never use a recipe, though. I don't like bananas, so I don't use them. Usually just do fruit, juices and ice.

Ru is at work. E and I had a great supper of salmon and Indian broccoli slaw. I wore pants today that kept falling off. Ooops. I might need to go shopping for some new pants.
lemurmommies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:37 PM   #25
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

nice on the falling off pants Mel. It was her seat in Jerry's isn't that the nautilus? I think the marathon is still fine, I will check when she is in it again.

She is off from school tomorrow and Monday so she wont be in my car.

My training super duper SUCKS....the trainer is not great. I have all the information already and she has never been on the rez...oh well.
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 06:15 PM   #26
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yes, the Nautilus was in Jerry's car.

ETA: when I was there did we only change the stapes on the Marathon? Or did we do it on both?
Old 09-20-2012, 06:58 PM   #27
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We did it on BOTH!

But I just figured out that it was not the straps, Jerry had lowered the headrest so we had a little lesson on the headrest high today.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:15 PM   #28
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jwjbbrown
We did it on BOTH!

But I just figured out that it was not the straps, Jerry had lowered the headrest so we had a little lesson on the headrest high today.
Ah, that's good! Yes, the headrest on the Nauti cannot cover the straps at all. It must be placed above whatever slot she is using.
Old 09-20-2012, 07:21 PM   #29
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep it was good to figure out she has not grown that much since May!

Oh man Mel you would be so annoyed with this training.
1. Trainer taught for 2 years at 2nd grade then moved to HS...everyone in training is K-5 teacher...um yep not so many ELEMENTARY classroom suggestions
2. She has NEVER been to the rez, never taught rez kids. Does not get that we are not teaching English to the Spanish speaking migrant farm workers kids...WTF
3. She tried to bust me for multi tasking. I was answering emails and participating in my tables discussion and she says "If you are wearing a green shirt (I am the only on in the room in green) report on what you and your partners were discussing" I looked up from my email and rattled off everything we had all said and she was SHOCKED...yes people can multi task! Some of us focus better when doing more than one thing...
Old 09-20-2012, 07:48 PM   #30
lemurmommies
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Sounds super annoying!!!

I wonder if I will be able to multitask during our health and safety training next week. A whole day of H&S stuff? Hopefully it'll only be part of the day.