Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2012, 07:50 AM   #11
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Raw cows milk

I just can't remember that site I found the most helpfull info. Can't believe I didn't save it to fav's. It was something simple like justrawmilk.com or something? It was sooo helpfull.

Perhaps it was this:
http://www.raw-milk-facts.com/index.html

Advertisement

Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:46 AM   #12
Bhavana
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimy72 View Post
searching all over the state for a legal raw milk dairy (there are only about 5 here) we ended up finding one less than 2 miles from our house! We thought we were going to have to drive an hour which made it so we wouldn't be able to use it all the time but now we get it closer than the nearest gas station or grocery store.
How lucky for you guys!
Old 10-13-2012, 06:32 AM   #13
MamaZnR
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I just found a place that sells it here, the cows were milked the day before I bought it!
MamaZnR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2012, 07:54 AM   #14
Mommieof3monkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

We love it too, my lactose intolerant boys do great on it. My daughter would rather have a glass of raw milk then dessert. We pay $6 per gallon here and it's totally legal to buy on the farm. We also buy raw milk cheese as well.
Amanda wife to Brandon and mama to 4 little ones. L 2005, E, 2008 S, 2010, T 2011, and expecting #5 in December after tubal ligation He's here 12/20/13 So very blessed!
Mommieof3monkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 06:24 AM   #15
raisingcropsandbabies
Registered Users
seller

We own 2 milk cows, so have ample raw milk. My DH and his siblings were raised on it and my kids are being raised on it as well. I skim off so much of the cream and make butter with it. I also make buttermilks, sour cream, yogurt, ricotta, mozzerella. The things you can make from 2 gallons of milk are crazy! Heavenly Homemaker (blog) has a blurb on making butter, mozzerella, and ricotta out of 2 gallons of raw milk. I also save back some whey (great for soaking grains).
DH milks and properly cleans the utters and equipment after each wash. I sterilize the milk pails and pitchers after each gallon. If I was buying raw milk, I would definitely want to be sure that the farmer is using proper techniques (as in sterilizing, cleaning, etc).
raisingcropsandbabies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 07:14 AM   #16
sarahannecloud9
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ya know, I REALLY pray raw works with Cayden's lactose intolerance. We have to save up for the animals and houseing, but I want him on raw products. He's not the average intolerant, although his allergist believes he will thrive of raw. He has almost no lactase in his gut. This boy dreams of helping milk his own cow and goat. My sweet buddy! I want it to work. We also have to make a decision about our restriction issues and get it all settled. I believe we are going to just go for it. It would be great to make our own dairy products again, and from RAW!
Sarah, OCD about, Chickens, Gardening, Farming, and all things Homestead! Wife 2 my savior since 97 Jimmy Ray, momma 2 my blessingsCayden 3/29/05 ANDWilliam 1/23/09~~Desperate for just 1 more. ~~Missing my beloved moma, Karen- 4/14/09 and Daddy-89
sarahannecloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote