Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-14-2006, 08:34 PM   #1
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool Mama Pads. Why is it hard to get the first order placed?....

I want wings, I want MM Fleece bottom, and I want hemp soakers and I want a soft 100% cotton top, like flannel or velour...

I was wondering if anyone was near to placing their first order for these and was having trouble picking the ones to try?

I am going to switch to mama pads. I have decided. I just need to order. I would love to hear what your favorites are. I am almost ready to place my first order with someone, but I'm hesitating. I want to get the best... Any suggestions would be appreciated. And I'd love to hear from anyone getting ready to make the change too!

Advertisement

Old 06-14-2006, 08:45 PM   #2
mercy589
Registered Users
seller

Re: Mama Pads. Why is it hard to get the first order placed?....

I've been window shopping them for awhile now too. lol I am actually thinking about getting a Diva cup and some cloth pantyliners, but then I wonder if I'll want the cup in all the time, and what about night, so should I buy night pads? but they are expensive, so maybe just the cup and liners, but the liners dont have waterproof backing, so should I go with mini day pads and use them as liners and then I can use them as daytime pads ocassionally too.... lol, see, I can go on and on. You arent alone. There's that initial spending the money we dont really have, but saving in the long run.... I'm sure I'll make the jump someday soon here... lol

Christy
mercy589 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #3
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Seriously you should take a look at Amaz Padz. they are what you just described to a "T". THey rock! I love mine and Janet is just so easy to work with. They are all that my stash is.
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 09:01 PM   #4
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercy589
I've been window shopping them for awhile now too. lol I am actually thinking about getting a Diva cup and some cloth pantyliners, but then I wonder if I'll want the cup in all the time, and what about night, so should I buy night pads? but they are expensive, so maybe just the cup and liners, but the liners dont have waterproof backing, so should I go with mini day pads and use them as liners and then I can use them as daytime pads ocassionally too.... lol, see, I can go on and on. You arent alone. There's that initial spending the money we dont really have, but saving in the long run.... I'm sure I'll make the jump someday soon here... lol

Christy
Yes! You do know what I mean! I could go on and on too! And I've already picked out 6 pads (4 maxi and 1 panty liner and 1 ultra thin liner) Now I have to make sure I get the fabrics I want!!!! It is the money though. If money were not an issue I'd place sample orders from about 6 places. LOL. I
Old 06-14-2006, 09:03 PM   #5
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kkweight
Seriously you should take a look at Amaz Padz. they are what you just described to a "T". THey rock! I love mine and Janet is just so easy to work with. They are all that my stash is.
OK! do you have her link?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:04 PM   #6
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmamma
OK! do you have her link?
And, can you describe your stash? What types and how many of each?
Old 06-14-2006, 09:18 PM   #7
veganmamma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by veganmamma
And, can you describe your stash? What types and how many of each?
Ok Kalley, one more question: Are they AIO?
Old 06-14-2006, 10:04 PM   #8
bfoster2000
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I second the recommendation for Amaz Padz (www.amazpadz.com). Janet is awesome!! I had a hard time deciding at first too so I e-mailed her with a bunch of questions (according to her, there's no such thing as TMI in the world of cloth!) and she answered me based on her opinions and experiences and gave me some recommendations but then told me that if I tried something and it turned out to not be what I was looking for, she'd be happy to customize something to better fit my needs. She is wonderful to work with and I love the pads that I've gotten from her so far. I e-mailed her the other day to find out what her schedule looked like because I let time slip up on me and really need to get some post-partum pads and nursing pads quick. She said that she would squeeze me in between orders and hopefully I'll have my stuff within 2 weeks, still well before the baby is scheduled to arrive. Someone else posted on here that they got a surprise visit from AF while on vacation and e-mailed her and she was able to overnight an order to them the next day. I've heard nothing but raves about her!

We've also been chatting back and forth about different fabrics and combinations and designs and she's offered to let me test some new nursing pads and panty liners that she's playing around with. I can't wait!

You can see all of the options she has on her website, and of course, like I said, you can ask for something different if you don't see what you want. She has two different styles of panty liners. One is just basically hemp sandwiched between two layers of suedecloth (with wings). You might have an option about the top fabric...I can't remember. Those are the ones that she uses every day and they're the first ones I ordered from her for pregnancy incontinence. Even though they're technically not waterproof, I've had no problems at all with them leaking...even when I had some pretty heavy "flow". By popular demand, she's also recently started making "AIO" pantyliners which have a windpro back layer so that they will be waterproof. She also offers two different lengths which is great since I'm a bigger girl.

Her pads consist of a windpro liner with wings that snaps onto your panties and then you snap the absorbent pads onto that. She has "mini-pads", regular pads, heavy duty (can't remember what she calls them but it's extra hemp, the same size as the regulars), and overnight/post-partum pads (extra hemp and a little longer). I believe she also recently added the option for all organic fabrics on all of her pads.

I know that she does good work and wanted to try some of her nursing pads but I was a little concerned about the combination of fabrics she usually uses so I e-mailed her and asked her about them. She offered to make me up some with a couple of extra layers of hemp and a windpro backing for now, and is also going to let me try out some that she's toying with that will have a wool backing and bamboo for a super-thin absorbent core.

I highly recommend that you at least take a look at her website and e-mail her with any questions you may have. She's great about answering quickly and is SUPER nice to work with.
Barbara - Unexpectedly back after a long hiatus...anxiously awaiting #6!

Last edited by bfoster2000; 06-14-2006 at 10:53 PM.
bfoster2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:22 PM   #9
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

bfoster2000 gave a pretty good description.
I have a very heavy almost like postpartum bleeding every month because i have PCOS. I have NEVER had a leak in these bad boys.lol Not even during the night when my flow is at the heaviest. Her nighttime padz are a little big but i would rather waddle then to have a leak.lol Also, in the summer her pads are so cool, i used to use PUL liners and those were the worst. They got so hot and were really uncomfortable.
I am getting ready to get some panty liners though, i only have the night pads and regulars. I love them and have been using them since November i think.
If oyu have any other questions please feel free to ask!
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2006, 10:37 PM   #10
dessismama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I like GladRags, I got them at the local health food store a few years back and they have held up really well.
dessismama is offline   Reply With Quote