Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 08:51 AM   #11
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how did you tell your husband?

nope lol i showed him the PG test and was all "read em and weep" lmao

Advertisement

Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:09 AM   #12
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I replaced a pic of our son with a blank piece of paper (well, DS scribbled on it) that said "sibling pic- coming April 2013". I did two others similar to that. DH didnt see them, but I knew when DH asked DS what he did all day he would pointed them out.

He still didnt "get it" right away and to be honest was annoyed that I didnt just tell him. He even made me promise not to do anything fun for the gender reveal (he will be out of country). Ah well. My mom appreciated the fun!
Old 10-08-2012, 10:06 AM   #13
darkempriss
Registered Users

This is our first in December so wanted to make it somewhat special, bought a cute card with monkeys on it (we call each other monkey) and on the inside wrote "Once upon a time two monkies came together and created something beautiful" and on the left side of the card I took a picture of the pregnancy test. DH looked at the picture first but didn't quite know what it was until he read the card...he later told me he thought it was a new Wii remote controller
darkempriss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2012, 12:04 PM   #14
Momma2theJs
Registered Users
seller

I bought a bunch of stuff when we decided to have one and kept it hidden in a gift bag. I told him my son wanted to give him his father's day present early. (It was only about 4 days away or something). I had a book called "MY BOYS CAN SWIM!!", a shirt from amazon that said, "Be nice to be, the queen is pregnant", and I stuck the positive test in the very bottom of the bag. He cried like a baby. To tell everyone else, I embroidered a shirt for my daughter (18 months at the time) that said< "Cute as can be.....BIG SISTER, ME!!"
Momma2theJs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 12:53 PM   #15
rhodesestrada
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: how did you tell your husband?

I put the pregnancy test in a balloon covered with the equation 1+1=3 (if I just put the test he NEVER would have found it) ,and hid it in the basil in the garden. He loves to garden! I then had him go on a scavenger hunt while I tried nonchalantly to film him and resist the urge to march him right over to it.

Last edited by rhodesestrada; 01-05-2013 at 12:58 PM.
rhodesestrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:13 AM   #16
foolsgold
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkempriss View Post
...he later told me he thought it was a new Wii remote controller
Ok now THAT is FUNNY!!! ROFL!!
lol well hubby wanted to find out w/ me but when I went in and peed on the stick it was + before I set it down so I knew about 20 seconds before him.... came out and said "sorry baby, I already know"
ISO: Chubby Cherub AI2 Diapers!
Find BF'ing Ribbons here.
foolsgold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:57 AM   #17
BubBubsMom
Registered Users
Formerly: TaReeses
seller
seller

I didn't do anything creative. I was so excited I spilled the beans over the phone before I even had the chance to tell him at home. Next time I'll have to try and think of something creative
BubBubsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #18
lilg82882
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
First time called him right after pink line showed up"hey hunny you know how I haven't got my period yet? Well I know the reason why pregnant"

Second time I came into the bedroom crying saying babe I need you. He thought something terrible was wrong

This time I was torn. He has never been home when i poas so he wanted to be there. However this is our last baby so wanted to do something fun. I peed on an Internet cheap test and saw a line. I honestly couldn't tell if evap or not so I called hubby and said do you see a second line with color? He said yes. Does that Mean we are pregnant?! Took the other cheap store brand test I had and got another line. I made him go buy a pack of FRER and only believed it when a bit even have to squint line popped up lol
Old 01-06-2013, 11:31 PM   #19
Kyonarai
Registered Users
seller

I POAS early in the morning and ran in to tell him while he was still sleeping. My nickname for him is 'Cheetah(he's tall and has fluffy hair like the poof of fur on a Cheetah's neck)' so I was all like "Cheetah, wake up, I'm pregnant!" all excited and stuff. He gave me a thumbs up, a half hearted "yaaaay...." and rolled over and went back to sleep.
Kyonarai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 11:56 PM   #20
Rdesonia
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

My idea is to make some cute baby booties and hang them from his rear-view mirror with the next baby.

My Come Swag with me! http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/rdesonia
Rdesonia is offline   Reply With Quote