Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-20-2013, 05:12 PM   #1
KaylaAnne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
DD fusses in Ergo and Moby Wrap :(

DD is 4 months old, 17 lbs and not sure how long. She fusses in both carrying systems. I don't know what to do! She only wants to be held but I can't just carry her around all day, I need both hands to do housework and cook.

What have you done in this situation?

Advertisement

KaylaAnne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:42 PM   #2
Stefibeth
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: DD fusses in Ergo and Moby Wrap :(

This may sound silly, but what's your comfort level like? Sometimes if the wearer is nervous /uncomfortable/giving off any negative vibes the wearee (baby ) can sense it. I would keep trying and make sure that you have a positive, comfortable mindset and believe that it's going to work.

If you don't think that's a concern can you pinpoint anything physical that might be the issue? Is your LO too hot? When you hold her do you face her out, or do you hold her facing in towards your body? Has the fussiness always happened or is it new? 4mo can just be a fussy age.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #3
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
How long do you have her in the carrier? When I first started wearing my DS he would fuss for at least five minutes when I first put him in but then he would settle and often fall asleep before long. this happened a handful of times and then he seemed to figure out it was a good thing.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:43 PM   #4
LauraI
Registered Users
seller
seller

I know that they're not supposed to be good for baby, like they're poorly designed - but my daughter hated her carriers at that age ... until I put her in the Snuggli that we received as a gift. It worked! So I'd wear her for short periods of time in that. Then after a few weeks in that, she started to like the Moby as well.
LauraI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 06:58 AM   #5
mommamcnaught
Registered Users

Keep at it! Don't put baby in if she's already fussy... Also like pp said, LO used to fuss for about 5 min each time I started wearing him and I would just bounce, sway and shush. Now he's to the point when he sees me get out a carrier or wrap, he gets excited! Hang in there, mama! The benefits are so worth the effort in the beginning!
mommamcnaught is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 07:17 AM   #6
DallasK
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Are you using an infant insert in the ergo? My dd would get too warm in the insert so I would put a blanket under her tush instead and that worked better for her.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:33 AM   #7
MDever
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

When we are having this type of issue I put them in the carrier and then start walking really fast. I usually walk outside if I can but have been seen tearing around the house in laps Power walking while patting them usually gets us over the hump.
Old 05-23-2013, 07:37 AM   #8
lindsaydud
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaylaAnne
DD is 4 months old, 17 lbs and not sure how long. She fusses in both carrying systems. I don't know what to do! She only wants to be held but I can't just carry her around all day, I need both hands to do housework and cook.

What have you done in this situation?
It's like I could have written this post myself! My DS has hated every carrier we've tried...Moby, Ergo, Maya, Babyhawk... I try to 'project confidence' so he'll feel comfy but he'll only tolerate them when we're outside and walking. The minute I come back inside, he cries. Before he was born, I had dreams of wearing him all day, so it's been incredibly frustrating and disappointing! I keep hoping that as his head control develops, things will improve.
lindsaydud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:12 AM   #9
Mack
Registered Users
seller

Did this just start or have you been carrying him since he was a baby? Did he ever like it?
Mack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 09:23 AM   #10
Sarah-B
Registered Users
seller
seller

Look up proper positioning for ergo.

Make sure waist strap is just above your hips and that dd is in a frog like position. Her knees should be just above her bum so that her bum is sitting deep in the pocket.
Sarah-B is offline   Reply With Quote