Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:49 PM   #11
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Veggie only meals

Are you looking for a dinner suggestion? I was going to suggest chilli. Easy-peasy to make and tasty. You can use whatever beans you like, canned tomatoes, some other veggies (carrots, peppers, onion are mostly what I do) and chilli powder. You can add if you want, mix up the beans if you want, I typically do a couple cans worth of kidney beans, but mixing beans is great too.

(hmm, just saw tomato and peppers might be an issue...)

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 10:12 PM   #12
cacasey1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarinetb
Are you looking for a dinner suggestion? I was going to suggest chilli. Easy-peasy to make and tasty. You can use whatever beans you like, canned tomatoes, some other veggies (carrots, peppers, onion are mostly what I do) and chilli powder. You can add if you want, mix up the beans if you want, I typically do a couple cans worth of kidney beans, but mixing beans is great too.

(hmm, just saw tomato and peppers might be an issue...)
Tomatoes are okay, peppers might be an issue. The Dad is home from the hospital and only eating fruits. I might see if I can get a big box from a local co-op and have that delivered.

Sent from my DROID2 using DS Forum
Wife to Brandon - my high school sweetheart (Oct 00), delaying vaccs as best we can and WOH parents to Trent (Nov 08) our intact, formerly ERF, slightly son and Lilly (May 12) our , maybe one day , and (for now) daughter (my hypnobaby).
cacasey1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:30 PM   #13
clarinetb
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Great that so many are helping them out. What a terrible situation

You could definitely go for Chilli without the peppers to accomodate. maybe add in an extra veggie
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 PM   #14
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
You could make veggie tacos/fajitas. I use zucchini, mushrooms, and yellow squash, onions and bell peppers, tortillas, and guacamole! Then beans and some cilantro rice on the side! Or you can do kidney beans like you would taco meat.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:17 PM   #15
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Can he have any grains at all? You can make a nice chili or a vegetable fry with tofu with those ingredients. If he can have grains then you can make more like veggies and tofu with rice and seasonings. You can make tortillas with boba ganush or maybe hummus? ( it has lemons) and veggies and tofu. If he can have grains you could do quinoa, beans and pico de gallo. Bean burgers, vegan tacos (mushrooms, peppers, onion, tomatoes, black beans) or lentil tacos. You could make veggies over rice. A burrito with tofu, sprouts, sweet potato tots, tofu and salsa.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 09-25-2012 at 11:20 PM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 05:52 PM   #16
k_mignone1
Registered Users

Would butternut squash risotto work? You might be able to substitue sweet potatoes for the squash?
k_mignone1 is offline   Reply With Quote