Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 05-10-2007, 02:54 PM   #1
Registered Users
My Mood:
Need co-sleeping advice!!

I hope this is the right palce to post this question..........

I need suggestions on how to have shared sleep w/ my crawling 8 month dd. We have a co-sleeper and dropped it down to where it is just a play pen but she does not like sleeping in it. So she sleeps in her co-sleeper until she wakes up to be nursed and then she stays in our bed. I am so afraid she will fall off our bed! I have nightmares about it!! Our bed is really high off the floor. I have thought of maybe putting our bed on the floor but it would be hard for dh to get up and down. He is very stiff. Any suggestions?

~Michele aka- Thrifty Hippie
SAHM to Blake 6/29/95 and Marina 9/07/06
shell62995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 02:59 PM   #2
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Need co-sleeping advice!!

Both my kids have slept in our bed since day 1 and we just have a bed rail that was used around that age on whatever side our DD slept on. I always wake up like 2 seconds before she does but we have had no problems with falling off!

Loving My Munchkins: Kolin [5.5.04] Ava [12.13.05] Aden [2.18.09]
Calideedle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 03:00 PM   #3
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I have 8 month old twins. they've taken a dive off of my king size a few times, LOL. With DS we put just our mattress on the floor. You can also put pillows down all around or folded up blankets if you want. They've only fallen off when I haven't been in the room (if they've actually taken a nap by themselves which they rarely do). When I sleep with them in the bed they just are never awake when I'm not, kwim? So I never really had a huge problem with it. It will get better soon when she learns to dismount on her own, LOL
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:37 PM   #4
Registered Users
My Mood:

My DD just started to crawl too I stack pillows on the floor when my DH is traveling and it's just her and I. Otherwise she's in the middle, and we can sense a 20 lb babe trying to make an escape attempt, she's not exactly dainty about it
A bedrail would work great if you decide to go that route!
Mike's wife & Mom to Alex (5) Gemma (3) and Cassie (9/11/06)

Amanda2319 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2007, 07:52 PM   #5
Registered Users

Yep I JUST now bought a gate for my bed. It's not what I was wanting though it goes ACROSS the whole bed. Anyway I'm DEF. getting a baby rail for my next, I think I'd sleep better. I also pile all of my pillows on the floor beside my bed Just incase! Good luck!
CHRISTmas Cards for EVERYONE!! Get them HERE and FAST!!
*I've made lots of DS mommas happy check out my Feedback!! I can do ANY custom design and work on ANY kind of pictures!!
mommy21princess is offline   Reply With Quote