Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2012, 09:30 PM   #21
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by taximom
What do your "crossfit" friends do that they don't seem to lose weight?
Crossfit is a method of working out. Like zumba or yoga. It's usually a seperate gym and you go flip tires, jump blocks, all kinds of cool stuff really. But, most of the women are bulky now. Like beefed up. Not defined, not shapes like a lady. I think it's partly diet and not enough cardio, personally. Balance people. Balance.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 04:57 AM   #22
Wanderlust
Registered Users
Formerly: jen**eth
seller

Re: What do you ladies do.....

I've been doing home workout DVD's- P90X and Brazil Butt Lift. I have Insanity and P90X2 on the way Can you tell I get bored quickly? lol. My DH works shifts and his unpredictable schedule doesn't allow me to get to gym classes or even get to the gym before it closes most times.

There are lots of good home workout DVD's that are really balanced, like Keen said. A good mix of cardio and weights has been working great for me.

I also try to be active in my daily life- not just for the hour or so that I dedicate to a workout. So I'll walk to the park with my sons, chase them around the house, go to wildparks and zoos to walk around, etc.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 AM   #23
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I use my fitness pal and eat a gluten free/paleo diet (I'm gluten intolerant). I started out using 30 day shred and then moved on to six week six pack. And I did couch to 5 k in between. I've been working on my running a lot more since I enjoy it. I need to add in more strength though. I prefer going to a gym. I'm getting bored with home work outs
Old 09-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #24
JackieLyn
feeling festive
seller

My Mood:
I just started crossfit this week, all the women I've seen look cut and amazing, something I'd definitely strive for. I really enjoy crossfit and I'm excited to workout everyday, I've never felt that way about exercising. I also eat pretty clean, I try to avoid processed stuff and stick to whole grains, vegetables, fruit and lean meat, I am also completely dairy free. Ok, except for butter which I only use occasionally. I've lost 10 lbs just by cleaning up my diet and watching portions.
Old 09-25-2012, 07:34 AM   #25
keen1981
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackieLyn
I just started crossfit this week, all the women I've seen look cut and amazing, something I'd definitely strive for. I really enjoy crossfit and I'm excited to workout everyday, I've never felt that way about exercising. I also eat pretty clean, I try to avoid processed stuff and stick to whole grains, vegetables, fruit and lean meat, I am also completely dairy free. Ok, except for butter which I only use occasionally. I've lost 10 lbs just by cleaning up my diet and watching portions.
Yeah, diet be part of the plan!! Lots of people love crossfit. When we go to my brother in laws gym it's nothing like 24 hr fitness. Everyone is smiling at crossfit. LOL
Old 09-28-2012, 05:06 PM   #26
MamaNotes
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: What do you ladies do.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by keen1981 View Post
Crossfit is a method of working out. Like zumba or yoga. It's usually a seperate gym and you go flip tires, jump blocks, all kinds of cool stuff really. But, most of the women are bulky now. Like beefed up. Not defined, not shapes like a lady. I think it's partly diet and not enough cardio, personally. Balance people. Balance.
Most of the women are bulky and beefed up? We must be looking at different women All of the women I've seen who crossfit are buff, strong and have a great body!

Crossfit is a lot of olympic lifts - bench, squat, deadlifts, cleans, jerks, etc with plyometric/"cardio" things thrown in such as box jumps, burpees, jump rope, pull ups, etc. Each box does things a little differently, but they are short intense workouts.

Crossfit IS cardio. You are lifting so much and moving so much that it is strength training, cardio.... pretty much everything rolled into one. Your heart rate gets up high and you are a sweaty mess! If you do crossfit, you don't need cardio.
MamaNotes is offline   Reply With Quote