Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #1
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
For me, the worst part about being overdue....

.....is losing time at work.

I'm due tomorrow and there are no signs that this baby is coming. At. All. Despite being incredibly uncomfortable and so ready to meet this little one, if I have to be pregnant another week for her to be fully cooked, I can deal with that. What just bugs me to no end is the time off from work both DH and I have taken. I could have worked another week and he is using up vacation days. My dad also flew in and straddled his time around my EDD. I guess I was a bit overconfident since my previous two both came at 39 weeks 6 days, but we all know every pregnancy is different.

Just wanted to get that little bit off my chest while I sit and wait. And wait. And wait.

Advertisement

Last edited by marvelous; 09-22-2012 at 08:09 AM.
marvelous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:22 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: For me, the worst part about being overdue....

My husband just tells his job that he will need a week off when the baby comes...whenever that happens to be. He doesn't take off till I go into labor. They have to figure out coverage on the spur of the moment. I hope baby comes soon for you.
Old 09-21-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
Caz
Registered Users
Formerly: ccin***s
seller
seller

My Mood:

I can relate 100%! DS was born at 38wks, so with #2, I was hoping to have a few days off before she came, so I started maternity leave at 38wks... and she came at 41w2d.

I was soooo frustrated! Granted, I appreciated not having to get up, showered, dressed and out the door at 7am when I barely even had any clothes left that fit. But by 41wks, I was all done "resting" and doing Sudoku puzzles in between doing laps around the block!

Hang in there, mama! I hope baby makes her appearance soon!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:03 AM   #4
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had the opposite problem with my quite date with my first. (I haven't worked since.) I purposely set my quit date at about 38.5wks because I still had stuff to do before the baby came. He came at 39wks 1 day. I had just finally gotten the nursery set up the day before.

Anyway, OP, I missed the part about you being off work. Sorry about that. :hug:
Old 09-22-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh that does stink. Sorry.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:54 AM   #6
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I hear ya, sorry! I think the 3rd is the wild card. My first was born at 38 weeks and #2 was born at 35 weeks so I thought there was no way I would go all the way. We were sitting around waiting and waiting and I went all the way to 40 weeks with no real signs of impending labor. My OB ended up inducing on my due date because of my BP but he easily could have gone another week in there. It's frustrating for sure. Hang in there!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:12 AM   #7
marvelous
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for the hugs and understanding ladies. I am in a funk today since its my due date and nothing is happening. DD is so excited and my sister keeps texting me to ask if anything is happening. Trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of things.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:43 AM   #8
leyash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelous View Post
Thanks for the hugs and understanding ladies. I am in a funk today since its my due date and nothing is happening. DD is so excited and my sister keeps texting me to ask if anything is happening. Trying to keep busy to keep my mind off of things.
Go bed dance. Stimulate your nipples. Eat something spicy, and take a million walks around the block. After that, if nothing happens, atleast you'll be able to sleep good tonight, so you can get up and do it all over again tomorrow, lol.

I'm sorry, mama. I know it can be frustrating. I was three days overdue with my first, and besides being COMPLETELY uncomfortable, I was frustrated because darnit, 40 weeks is long enough! lol Hope something happens soon!
leyash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 09:54 AM   #9
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im so glad my company is letting me work up to labor. i just have to cover my own shifts that im already scheduled for. i had told my boss even with an EDD i could still go 2 weeks before or after so i didnt want to put in a def time off.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 10:25 AM   #10
songbird516
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My first was born on my due date so my mom came 3 days before that to wait for the birth. We both were pretty sure that it would be fast, and she missed the first one and really didn't want to miss my son's birth. So she came and waited...and waited...and I went a week overdue. ugh. It didn't bother me except that I knew everyone was waiting on me, so that stressed me out. I took some things to encourage labor and my husband took off of work...and nothing happened. Still wasn't born until 4 days after that. I used to not understand how frustrating being overdue is, but now I do, so I am sorry that you are stressed out about it!