Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 02:09 PM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long for a 5 year old play date?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaleidoscopeEyes View Post
i work full time and have 3 kids and i NEED the adult interaction lol
I don't work full time and I need the interaction too. I would be willing to drop my oldest off to play, but I'd rather stay and "play" too. And, I have 5 to drag along including 2 year old twins and a newborn due in a couple weeks.

OP, Very glad to hear it went well! I would probably do 2-3 hrs also. It would be new territory for me also.

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 05:59 PM   #12
pumkinsmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What a fun thing for your daughter to experience! Sounds like the timing was just right. I agree with not wanting to entertain the mom.
Old 09-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #13
jeebee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think around 5 if my kid was comfortable being left at somebody's house that I know and trust, I am ok with leaving them there for 3 or 4 hours. It really depends on the timing, I mean if they are coming at 9am, then i would like it if they are picked up after lunch otherwise it is disruptive, so maybe around 1:30 or 2. I have had some of my daughter's friends over for 2 hours before and no issues.
Old 09-22-2012, 07:25 PM   #14
cmarsh31
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Depends on the time of day too - after school, 2 hours max, non-school day, maybe 3 hours if a meal is involved too. We started drop-off playdates around age 3. Mostly trading off - you take my kid for a couple hours, next week, I'll take yours! It's always easier to get stuff done around the house if DD has a friend over.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:59 PM   #15
isabelsmummy
Registered Users
seller

I found, at that age, 2 -3hrs max before things started to deteriorate and someone cried...
isabelsmummy is offline   Reply With Quote