Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-22-2012, 03:26 PM   #1
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Conceiving a boy or girl?

I've heard that if you dtd before you ovulate your chances for a girl are better, and if you dtd during ovulation your chances for a boy are better.

Just wondering if anyone has used this method and if they thought it was accurate

Advertisement

Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Conceiving a boy or girl?

Never heard just going south like to florida when dtd & who is on top.....
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #3
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Haha. I've never heard those before!
Old 09-23-2012, 07:19 AM   #4
Jubilee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OP, what you mention is based on the knowledge that female sperm are slower but live longer and male sperm are faster but shorter life span. Have never tried one way or another personally but good luck!
and full-time student.
Jubilee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:44 AM   #5
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

The difference in sperm weight really does not have much bearing on the ability to get the egg. There are so many factors to getting into the tube that it makes the whole faster/slower theory mute.

Once in the vagina many sperm die instantly, the ones that make it to the cervix, many get lost, cannot get in, or die while trying. Once in the uterus the sperm are attacked by the immune system. This is where mass destruction takes place. Who ever escapes this carnage is left to make a choice to the right tube. Many decide the wrong tube, and the rest go the right way. This leaves very few sperm left (unless you had sex multiple times in your fertile time) to get to the egg. Then there is egg polarity that repells certain sexed sperm at certain times of the month. This could mean all the boy sperm get there but cannot get in due to repulsion of charge on the egg membrane, or vice versa.

So, not matter when you do the deed or in what position, you still have an equal opportunity for conceiving each sex. I have found in my personal experience, polarity of the egg seems to be the best way to predict gender of the resulting baby.
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:53 AM   #6
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we werent using the method per se but my girl was 4 days before ovulation.
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 09:52 AM   #7
Emmers22185
Registered Users
seller
seller

Just for fun we tried to sway boy (and we are having a boy) and we dtd after ovulation was indicated by an opk.
Old 09-28-2012, 11:55 AM   #8
snugglesnsunshine
Registered Users
Formerly: lovinmomma24
seller

My Mood:

My opinion and also a couple of friends I have in the medical community-----vaginal ph is the most important factor. period. Yes, other factors can make a difference. But overall, ph is key. (My bff nurse friend said some magazine she gets had an article on this recently).
I have never swayed but there are newer studies out that confirm this. (And I would probly sway if we decide to have any more). Look up how to make your ph more acidic and you'll be more likely to get a girl. More alkaline will sway boy.
fwiw, I bought ph strips a few months back and my ph is 5.5 -6.0 VERY acidic. And I have 5 girls.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:03 PM   #9
Palooka
Registered Users
Formerly: jenn.***
seller

My Mood:

I haven't tried it myself, but our very good friends just did. They even bought books and timed when they conceived in order to have a boy. At their ultrasound last week it was official: a baby girl!

they are happy and all, but very obviously disappointed since they felt CERTAIN they did everything exactly as the book prescribed and they were so confident it would turn out as planned.
Palooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:26 PM   #10
geetabean
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
I've heard that if you dtd before you ovulate your chances for a girl are better, and if you dtd during ovulation your chances for a boy are better.

Just wondering if anyone has used this method and if they thought it was accurate
I've heard all of this stuff as well. With me, we dtd pretty early in my fertile window just to make sure that our chances are good of conceiving at all, and I have 3 girls. So that would make sense.....since we never dtd right on ovulation day to try and sway. But I also know plenty of people who tried to follow the protocol for swaying and it didn't make any difference. I think a lot of it is chance and a lot of it is some type of genetic predisposition. Have you ever noticed how some couples have all boys, or all girls? We have the 3 girls and are ttc and I can almost guarantee that we will have another girl. My friend has 4 boys......she has tried everything to conceive a girl and she keeps having boys. It just is what it is.

I never ttc hoping for one sex or another. I would LOVE to have another little girl and I would LOVE to have a little boy. I just want a BABY! Are you hoping for a girl?