Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-15-2012, 06:06 PM   #1
TonyStephandCrew
Registered Users

New here

Hi I am new here and thought I would introduce myself! I am due on Christmas Eve with our third baby. I have a 3yo ds, 18mo ds, and baby three is a surprise I am a stay at home mom and my husband is in Dental school. Question for anyone that has cloth diapered in the hospital with their newborn. I am wondering what it's like trying to cd in the hospital and what you brought to be prepared for cloth from day one? I tend to feel great after giving birth so I'm not worried about the work of cloth in the hospital. Just wondering what others have done or suggest.

Stephanie

Advertisement

TonyStephandCrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:17 PM   #2
sleepylees
Registered Users

Re: New here

Props to you lady! I'm expecting to use sposies at least until the meconium is gone. Congrats on your new little one.
sleepylees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 07:25 PM   #3
TonyStephandCrew
Registered Users

Thanks! We have been hugely unhappy with newborn sposies on our first two boys. They have leeched gel beads on both child, every diaper. I hate picking that junk off of their delicate bottoms. I think that could be worse than dealing with cloth in the hospital!
Old 09-15-2012, 07:37 PM   #4
UmmKira
Registered Users
seller

Welcome! I don't have any advice for the hospital since I had Dd2 at a birth center, but I'm sure there are a couple mamas on here that have done it.

Sent from my phone using DS Forum... Typos complements of Swype

Come check out my homeschool blog!
UmmKira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:33 PM   #5
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Double post

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).

Last edited by my2sweets; 09-16-2012 at 12:36 PM.
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:34 PM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
Congrats and welcome!

Im no help with cloth in the hospital either. I have seen mamas mention a fleece liner while baby still has meconimun. There was a thread on the pregnancy board not long ago asking if mamas planned on using cloth in the hospital and there were a lot of responses. Maybe that thread could help

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 12:58 PM   #7
TonyStephandCrew
Registered Users

Thank you for the link suggestion. I will go check it out!
Old 09-16-2012, 01:07 PM   #8
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Lay a cloth wipe inside the diaper for the first few days. If that gets stained, you can just throw it away. That's what I've done for my babies and never had staining problems with meconium.

I would take at least 12 NB diapers depending on how long you typically stay after giving birth. You'll need a 12 cloth wipes if you plan to lay them on the inside to prevent meconium stains, and a wetbag.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2012, 04:25 PM   #9
TonyStephandCrew
Registered Users

Great suggestion about the wipes for liners. Did you find that you needed to do some sort of rinsing while in the hospital with the meconium, or did you just deal with it all at home?
Old 09-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #10
greengranny
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
With dgs we found the meconoum to be no biggie. It came out just fine and didn't stain the dipes at all.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
greengranny is offline   Reply With Quote