Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-23-2012, 08:20 PM   #11
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

I got hip pain too. I try tge pillow trick, but always end up throwing it on the floor

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 08:41 AM   #12
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
UGH!!!! I HATE hip pain. I get them early too. I dream about the perfect pregnancy bed/sleep. I think it involves no gravity where you just float. I think of something every pregnancy. I swear I will invent the perfect bed for pregnancy--and it is not one of those foam matresses--I slept on one my first pregnancy and I thought my hips were going to break in half.
- no gravity!

I'm with you on the no foam mattresses - DH and I are funny when bed buying, we lay on each one and try to find the firmest one we can! Most everyone wants the soft ones with the cushy topper... not us! Bonus, though - the harder ones tend to be less $$!
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 11:26 AM   #13
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I think I read somewhere that soft beds are bad for people with back/hip problems or pregnancy because it takes more muscle to move around and reposition throughout the night (or just crawling in). So it puts more strain on those muscles.

I am so with you on the no-gravity bed!
Old 09-24-2012, 11:31 AM   #14
emkeegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
No exercise in the scheduled sense. I'm pretty active all day though & am constantly lifting a 30 lb toddler up & carrying him! Does that count?

For hip pain, I would second the chiropractor. Find one licensed in the Webster method (meaning they've got lots of experience with pregnant women). I just started seeing a new one recently and she is amazing. I really think chiro is why I've had minimal discomforts this time around.
Old 09-24-2012, 04:40 PM   #15
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilytheStrange View Post
does moving houses count as exercise?

I say yes. because my back hurts and I'm exhausted at the end of the day.
just another week and it'll be all over.
It absolutely counts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
I've eyeballing my prenatal yoga DVD for a few weeks, feeling a little better today, might actually put it in!

OK, now I just need to rant a little about my day, lol.

Woke up with MAJOR hip pain. I've been having hip pain from laying down for weeks now. I can't believe it started this early in pregnancy... Today was the worst. It woke me up and I had to walk laps around the house just to ease it up. Anyone have any tips? I already sleep on a soft mattress w/ memory foam.
Prenatal yoga kept me from having any round ligament/hip pain last time! I've also heard sitting on a giant exercise ball and rolling hips helps. Not tried that yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
185 posts is a bit much! No exercising here either. I will get it picked back up, but I just have too much going on.

Today and yesterday my dh harvested the last major summer crop out of our garden. Then just before nap time we moved my sewing desk into our spare bedroom and moved the crib into our bedroom. I am feeling a bit superstitious setting it up so soon but I dont want to and physically cant move it all myself. At least I am working on my to do list!
The baby will sleep in our bed at night for the first year, I'm guessing, but we're still going to set up a nursery. Even if the baby doesn't use it until he's 2 or 3,lol.

I've not exercised at all, but I plan on doing yoga once I'm in the second trimester and hopefully feeling better! I still feel like I've been run over by a truck.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:04 PM   #16
E_Sage
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Roses~ View Post
The baby will sleep in our bed at night for the first year, I'm guessing, but we're still going to set up a nursery. Even if the baby doesn't use it until he's 2 or 3,lol.
Yeah.... what if I just WANT a nursery to look at. (I co-sleep, too)
E_Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 05:11 PM   #17
andrea020611
Registered Users

I haven't exercised at all, heck it's a good day if I actually get dressed and haul my sorry self to work! I will start walking and yoga once I feel better ( hopefully not too much longer!).

We just got back from a weekend away at my friends wedding. It was a 7 hour drive each way and we spent 3 nights in hotels. Exhausting, although my toddler was great the whole trip.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:14 PM   #18
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

Between m/s, a 3 year old, and a 20 month old, where do I find time to exercise???
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:16 PM   #19
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:

My bottom lip is extremely dry and crazy itchy.....nothing seems to be working either
My face is dry and full of breakouts at the same time:/
Old 09-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #20
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have been considering finding a chiropractor. Hopefully I can find a good one close to me. I absolutely have to sleep on a soft bed. Last time I slept away from home on a hard bed I literally felt like I had been beaten up by the time I woke. It puts sooo much pressure on my joints. I am typically a side sleeper. Today was much better hip pain wise, I think it may be because I sat Indian style a lot yesterday. I think it helped stretch some of the right muscles.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote