Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-26-2012, 08:30 AM   #31
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

Booooo to being sick
so sorry, especially with tiny tots

Afm:: I got ms and a cold at tge same time 6weeks ago.
So I had yummy thai food for lunch yesterday and then decided to weigh myself this am.....not smart. Lol!! Maybe tomorrow will be more accurate

So, anyone else not feeling especially pregnant?? Not weight gain, no more ms.......
Side note: my kids might not survive the day!!!! gah!!!!!

Advertisement

Old 09-26-2012, 08:53 AM   #32
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
So I had yummy thai food for lunch yesterday and then decided to weigh myself this am.....not smart. Lol!! Maybe tomorrow will be more accurate

So, anyone else not feeling especially pregnant?? Not weight gain, no more ms.......
Weigh yourself first thing in the morning!

I'm assuming I've got weight gain. Definitely still some m/s - although I was able to get the kitchen cleaned up and dishes done after supper (which I ate!) last night That's more "up" than I've been in the evenings in... well, about 6 weeks!
I've got this belly in the way, and can't wear my normal clothes, lol.
But I'm really ready to feel some good movements here and not be so worried. I felt the flutters last week - wonderful - and that gave me some hope for a good few days. But now I've not felt anything definite since then - some little things that could possibly be baby, but not for sure.

SO, I felt more pregnant last week. Silly as that is. This week I just feel fat and worried :P
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:44 AM   #33
emkeegan
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport
Booooo to being sick
so sorry, especially with tiny tots

Afm:: I got ms and a cold at tge same time 6weeks ago.

Yeah - I haven't been sick or gaining weight (although it is redistributing!!).
Old 09-26-2012, 12:33 PM   #34
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I have not gained any weight. I guess technically I did, I lost 2lbs and then gained it back. Everytime I eat something good and full of calories my body really isn't absorbing it. I wouldn't mind getting out of the 1st trimester not gaining any weight bc I started 10lbs heavier bc I did not loose all my weight from dd. BUT I would feel much better if I actually could see progress on the scale (upwards) then I think I would actually feel pregnant.

So we told the boys a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant. And they are so excited. My oldest actually was reading through my pregnancy books. He reall can not read but he actually sat there like a big boy as if he was reading it (he is 5). The next morning he says to me "Mommy you have to exercise so that the baby is healthy." He tells me this like every other day now and he actually make sures I eat. He is so funny.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 02:40 PM   #35
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm sooooo ready for this 1st tri to be over. I spent all afternoon on the couch yesterday and Monday. I can't really believe I'm up on the computer right now. Trying desperately not to get sick as everyone around me is.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 04:32 PM   #36
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
So we told the boys a couple of weeks ago that I am pregnant. And they are so excited. My oldest actually was reading through my pregnancy books. He reall can not read but he actually sat there like a big boy as if he was reading it (he is 5). The next morning he says to me "Mommy you have to exercise so that the baby is healthy." He tells me this like every other day now and he actually make sures I eat. He is so funny.
Aww!! That's really cute!

We still haven't told the kids - although I'm pretty sure they all know... just not know for sure, kwim?
I don't know when I'll be comfortable telling them. I would have been last week, but not this week. Maybe if I start feeling some real/good movement, then I'll be okay with it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
I'm sooooo ready for this 1st tri to be over. I spent all afternoon on the couch yesterday and Monday. I can't really believe I'm up on the computer right now. Trying desperately not to get sick as everyone around me is.
Old 09-26-2012, 04:45 PM   #37
~Roses~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by E_Sage View Post
Yeah.... what if I just WANT a nursery to look at. (I co-sleep, too)
Exactly,lol. We didn't set up a nursery or have a crib at all for our second, we had a family bedroom and had our queen mattress on the floor with a twin next to it that our oldest slept on and baby in our bed. We did that until our youngest was 3 and then they decided to move into their own bedroom and sleep in the bunkbeds we had set up! Now they're all old and each have their own bedroom.

I think it will be fun to do a nursery with our last one, and have a space where we can hang out with all the baby stuff (umm, cloth diapers) before baby arrives. And I'm putting my IKEA Poang chair & ottoman in there, too! If we didn't have the extra room, I wouldn't bother with a nursery at all. I waffled even with the space (heck, I could still change my mind).

Quote:
Originally Posted by momneedssupport View Post
My bottom lip is extremely dry and crazy itchy.....nothing seems to be working either
My face is dry and full of breakouts at the same time:/
For the bottom lip: Lanolin! If you have Lansinoh lying around, use that! I don't admit it readily, but I've used lanolin on my lips (and cuts, and anything dry) for years and years. Dry, cracked skin, everything. Even dh uses it on his feet (ew, I know). The stuff is a miracle worker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
Ahhh, giant sympathies to the sickies, I'm going to try my damndest to not get sick at all this pregnancy and keep everyone around me healthy! My mom visited for a few days a couple of weeks ago and was TOTALLY sick (she said she progressively felt worse as she was making the 5-6 hour drive to our house!) Amazingly, the rest of us didn't catch it, but I'm really paranoid,lol. I hate being sick!

Still having mostly afternoon/evening nausea, constantly. I've been really emotional the last few days because today (9w3d) is how far along I was when I had to have a D&C back in March for my m/c. I feel really weird today, but extremely greatful that this little one is still hanging in there! I can't wait until tomorrow!
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #38
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I haven't been exercising either, but I do walk my DD to Kindergarten everyday, and pick her up again at noon. And then often DD2 and I will keep walking to whatever else we have up for the morning. Stay & Play or our church ladies group. So we are at least getting some fresh air.

I actually dropped 2 or 3 pounds in the past week! I was feeling pretty lousy and decided to drop wheat products. I feel better, and I'm certainly happy that the bloat is gone. I'm just hungry ALL the time though! I could seriously just eat constantly. It's sickening, lol.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:23 PM   #39
babyrosie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am feeling alright. Still tired, though I can do more lately it seems like. Still having a hard time eAting, lots of aversions and all. Feel rough in the mornings and evenings. Really excited cuz I changed my work schedule around an will get off by midnight now instead of working all night. I think it will make a huge difference so yay!
Old 09-27-2012, 03:52 PM   #40
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I actually dropped 2 or 3 pounds in the past week! I was feeling pretty lousy and decided to drop wheat products. I feel better, and I'm certainly happy that the bloat is gone. I'm just hungry ALL the time though! I could seriously just eat constantly. It's sickening, lol.
How is your weird stomach pain/feeling doing now with the wheat out too?
I kwym - I hate eating as much as I do, but if I don't I get really dizzy and sick feeling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by babyrosie View Post
I am feeling alright. Still tired, though I can do more lately it seems like. Still having a hard time eAting, lots of aversions and all. Feel rough in the mornings and evenings. Really excited cuz I changed my work schedule around an will get off by midnight now instead of working all night. I think it will make a huge difference so yay!
Hopefully that'll make a difference for you! I'm exhausted too right now - it seems like I get one good nights sleep every 3-4 nights, some days I am able to nap, some I'm not... I'm just bloody exhausted all the time. Sucks. I hate feeling so lazy.