Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #41
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I cannot wait 'til the second trimester. I am so tired. Just trying to keep up with the house and Joey is exhausting. Sorry I am not so chatty lately.

Advertisement

RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #42
delicatefade
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers View Post
How is your weird stomach pain/feeling doing now with the wheat out too?
I kwym - I hate eating as much as I do, but if I don't I get really dizzy and sick feeling.

Hopefully that'll make a difference for you! I'm exhausted too right now - it seems like I get one good nights sleep every 3-4 nights, some days I am able to nap, some I'm not... I'm just bloody exhausted all the time. Sucks. I hate feeling so lazy.
I'm actually feeling much better. I have eaten a bit of wheat here and there and seem to do OK. I think I was just eating way too much bread and carbs.

Holland Grace is here! (14/4/2013)
delicatefade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 PM   #43
mapleleaf88
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
I cannot wait 'til the second trimester. I am so tired. Just trying to keep up with the house and Joey is exhausting. Sorry I am not so chatty lately.
Ugh. I feel ya! My house is a wreck. I'm in bed an hour after ending my shift most nights and sleep until almost noon! It's ridiculous!
Old 09-27-2012, 10:30 PM   #44
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny
This made me giggle a little bit... My husband's name is Joe (Joey) and trying to keep up with housework AND him is exhausting me, too. Although an entirely different type of keeping up, I'm sure. lol

I just feel BLAH. MS is totally gone, thank god, but I am just soooo tired and unmotivated all the time. I'm afraid by the time I do get some of my energy back, I'll be too out of shape or uncomfortable to get back into working out.

DS is mostly weaned... Well, we haven't nursed at all for the past two days.. so that's helped my tiredness but it made me start crying when I was watching him on the monitor tonight. Nursing was stressing me out and I really wanted my space back, but I do miss it. Does that make sense or are my hormones already crazy?? Lol
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:39 AM   #45
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH
DS is mostly weaned... Well, we haven't nursed at all for the past two days.. so that's helped my tiredness but it made me start crying when I was watching him on the monitor tonight. Nursing was stressing me out and I really wanted my space back, but I do miss it. Does that make sense or are my hormones already crazy?? Lol
I cry every time my kids stop nursing (pregnant or not). Lol

I had to wean my youngest at 14 months because I was going to have surgery and wouldn't even be able to pump and dump for two days. I cried and cried.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:28 AM   #46
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dramamama
I cry every time my kids stop nursing (pregnant or not). Lol

I had to wean my youngest at 14 months because I was going to have surgery and wouldn't even be able to pump and dump for two days. I cried and cried.
He is 16 months. I just don't have the energy - and it HURT like heck! And I really don't think I had much milk anyway because there was no fullness or anything when we finally stopped.
Idk what I'm going to do with this one, because we want our 3rd even closer in age.
Old 09-28-2012, 07:35 AM   #47
4dramamama
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH

He is 16 months. I just don't have the energy - and it HURT like heck! And I really don't think I had much milk anyway because there was no fullness or anything when we finally stopped.
Idk what I'm going to do with this one, because we want our 3rd even closer in age.
The pain is why we weaned my oldest daughter at 18 months. I told my husband that DD was sucking me dry because I felt like there was nothing there. We were pregnant but didn't realize it yet.
Beth, Christian mama of 5 (expecting #6 Spring 2013).
Check out my blog Heart Stirred with Wisdom
4dramamama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 07:53 AM   #48
RunawayBunny
Registered Users
seller
seller

I bet when he grows up he will love his sibling even more than he would the memory of nursing. I started to wean DS with my last pregnancy. He wasnt completely weaned when I miscarried but the damage was done and he self weaned a few months later. He still talks about mommy milk and if you ask him he will tell you he still drinks it. When we cuddle for books or a movie or at night he still cuddles in our nursing position. All that to say and it's just opening the door for a different kind of love.
RunawayBunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:07 AM   #49
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunawayBunny View Post
Oy, yup. We'll all be hitting the 2nd trimester in October!

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I'm actually feeling much better. I have eaten a bit of wheat here and there and seem to do OK. I think I was just eating way too much bread and carbs.
So glad to hear you're feeling better! I feel gross after eating pasta... and probably shouldn't eat as much bread as I do - but bread is so !

Quote:
Originally Posted by mapleleaf88 View Post
Ugh. I feel ya! My house is a wreck. I'm in bed an hour after ending my shift most nights and sleep until almost noon! It's ridiculous!
I hear ya on the sleeping. I've been managing to stay up past 8:30, though not past 9pm, the past few nights. Still sleeping until 7 or 7:30, whenever the kids wake up me, and then still to get going in the mornings!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
This made me giggle a little bit... My husband's name is Joe (Joey) and trying to keep up with housework AND him is exhausting me, too. Although an entirely different type of keeping up, I'm sure. lol

I just feel BLAH. MS is totally gone, thank god, but I am just soooo tired and unmotivated all the time. I'm afraid by the time I do get some of my energy back, I'll be too out of shape or uncomfortable to get back into working out.

DEFINITELY a different type of keeping up!!!! HA!!!! Poor DH, there hasn't been much around here this month. When the 2nd trimester comes, though - watch out!

for m/s being gone! It's only a matter of time (days or a week or 2) for the exhaustion to abate, at least for me it follows that way. I've realized the past couple days that m/s is hitting me later and later - like last night I was still up and moving and feeling okay at nearly 7pm! And it's not hitting as hard when it does come on - woohoo! Go placenta!

Doesn't sound crazy at all. Weaning is not a big deal for some mamas, but for some of us it's a sad transition. Totally understand!
Hey, if it helps (cuz it did help me with our weanlings) just remember that in the spring you'll have a new squishy nursling!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
It may not be the same the next time It's hard to know until it's happening.

AFM: MIL has been staying at her house in town all week We've talked to her through the week, though, and she says it's lonely there so she's going to come and stay with us for the weekend! DH and I are hoping to get away tomorrow for a little date - maybe lunch and a matinee movie... to fit with my not-so-nightowl capabilities at the moment!

FIL is leaving the west coast on the 3rd and should be here that weekend. Our anniversary is the 6th (11 years!) so it's likely that we'll be helping them move in for our celebration - couldn't think of a better way to spend the day! I can't wait for them both to be here and near!

Last edited by canadianbakers; 09-28-2012 at 08:12 AM.
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 08:26 AM   #50
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
DEFINITELY a different type of keeping up!!!! HA!!!! Poor DH, there hasn't been much around here this month. When the 2nd trimester comes, though - watch out!
Lol YES. We both can't wait. He keeps saying "you were an ANIMAL when you were pregnant with DS!" and then I remind him he was in Iraq for my entire first trimester... Duh :P