Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 03:30 PM   #51
momneedssupport
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Chat Thread ~ Sept 23-29

I actually just weaned clara, 22 months, a few months ago. we were already on the way but I got pregnant and wanted a break before the new baby comes. it's so sad. last night she actually pulled my boob out and latched on and I didnt notice at first. I told her she was a big girl now and she just looked at me like I was nuts.

Advertisement

Old 09-29-2012, 07:00 AM   #52
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Any weekend plans?

MIL came last night. DH and I are going to town today - definitely for lunch, not sure what else. He said something about groceries
I'm debating calling for an appt for a hair cut - I really need to get rid of some hair. It's really thick, and right now it's half way down my back... very heavy. I like long hair, but after a while the weight of it starts giving me neck pain and headaches. Actually, thinking about that, I wonder if that's more the reason behind my constant neck pain/kinks and headaches the past week. Der! Shoulda thought of that before, lol!
I'd like a cut about this length

And, yes, my hair would go that crazy all on its own :P
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 07:08 AM   #53
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers
Any weekend plans?

MIL came last night. DH and I are going to town today - definitely for lunch, not sure what else. He said something about groceries
I'm debating calling for an appt for a hair cut - I really need to get rid of some hair. It's really thick, and right now it's half way down my back... very heavy. I like long hair, but after a while the weight of it starts giving me neck pain and headaches. Actually, thinking about that, I wonder if that's more the reason behind my constant neck pain/kinks and headaches the past week. Der! Shoulda thought of that before, lol!
I'd like a cut about this length

And, yes, my hair would go that crazy all on its own :P
I'm kinda jealous! My hair is in between curly and straight, so if I ever do anything to it, it has to be like a full-on style that takes me an hour. If I just leave it to dry it looks awful... Wavy in all the wrong places, frizzy (we have super high humidity)... Just ick. And this pregnancy is NOT helping at all... Now it's all that AND greasy by the end of the day.
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 08:23 AM   #54
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KelseyH View Post
I'm kinda jealous! My hair is in between curly and straight, so if I ever do anything to it, it has to be like a full-on style that takes me an hour. If I just leave it to dry it looks awful... Wavy in all the wrong places, frizzy (we have super high humidity)... Just ick. And this pregnancy is NOT helping at all... Now it's all that AND greasy by the end of the day.
If I let my hair dry on its own, without any product in it, it will be super frizzy. But I have a good curl gel I use that works really well - curly but not crunchy.
If I want it straight, though - that's a lot of work. Hair dryer and straightening and... oy. Long time. Usually I get the hair dresser to straighten it for me when I get it cut

How often do you wash your hair? I only ask because when I was washing my hair often (every day or 2) it would get greasy quickly. But then I forced myself (not fun, btw) to extend the days between washing. Now I only wash once or twice a week and it's much better - really doesn't get greasy unless I go beyond the normal time between washing.
Old 09-29-2012, 09:02 AM   #55
jenbengtson
Registered Users

My Mood:

well we closed on our house yesterday. So glad that stress is over. Now we start to move
Old 09-29-2012, 01:01 PM   #56
KelseyH
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by canadianbakers

If I let my hair dry on its own, without any product in it, it will be super frizzy. But I have a good curl gel I use that works really well - curly but not crunchy.
If I want it straight, though - that's a lot of work. Hair dryer and straightening and... oy. Long time. Usually I get the hair dresser to straighten it for me when I get it cut

How often do you wash your hair? I only ask because when I was washing my hair often (every day or 2) it would get greasy quickly. But then I forced myself (not fun, btw) to extend the days between washing. Now I only wash once or twice a week and it's much better - really doesn't get greasy unless I go beyond the normal time between washing.
I usually wash every two or three days specifically for that reason... It's gotta be these pregnancy hormones! Before, never one single issue with grease or heavy hair... Now? Bleh. I don't remember this with DS. :P
KelseyH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:10 PM   #57
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
I usually wash every two or three days specifically for that reason... It's gotta be these pregnancy hormones! Before, never one single issue with grease or heavy hair... Now? Bleh. I don't remember this with DS. :P
This is me. I wash every 2-3 days and have wavey hair that I straighten with a round hairbrush that takes me forever. So It has been awhile since I have done my hair bc of ms. I just put it up. I am so sick of it but when I do do it, it looks so nice. I just am tooooo tired. I need to get my butt in gear and just do it.
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 04:25 PM   #58
melilo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oy, my hair has always been greasy after 24 hrs. Now I wash every few days and it's a grease pit after about 48 hrs. It got a lot better last pregnancy. Still seems normal so far this time. I guess I'm lucky to have stick-straight hair, but there is NO curling it. It will flatten back out after a few hours. So I'm stuck with only one style. I did just get it cut the other day, so much better! I hate when it starts to get under my collar.

Rubber City Doula You Deserve A Doula!
DONA Trained Birth Doula
melilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 06:30 PM   #59
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jenbengtson View Post
well we closed on our house yesterday. So glad that stress is over. Now we start to move
but for the moving. Yuck. Worth it once it's done... but yuck.

Quote:
we'll see come another few months!
I know you're on the fence (so to speak) about a girl - and I really do understand your situation. But I really hope that even if this baby is a girl, if you are still wanting more, your DH will want more babies to snuggle and love on too!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
This is me. I wash every 2-3 days and have wavey hair that I straighten with a round hairbrush that takes me forever. So It has been awhile since I have done my hair bc of ms. I just put it up. I am so sick of it but when I do do it, it looks so nice. I just am tooooo tired. I need to get my butt in gear and just do it.
I trick I learned from a hairdresser friend, after trying (for YEARS) to straighten my hair well with a brush while blowdrying - don't bother! Get your roots dry first of all, then go over the ends and get the hair all dry. Use a good hair straightener to achieve the smooth, straight locks. Works wonderfully, and is SO much quicker and less work than trying to do it all with the dryer and brush.

Quote:
Originally Posted by melilo View Post
Oy, my hair has always been greasy after 24 hrs. Now I wash every few days and it's a grease pit after about 48 hrs. It got a lot better last pregnancy. Still seems normal so far this time. I guess I'm lucky to have stick-straight hair, but there is NO curling it. It will flatten back out after a few hours. So I'm stuck with only one style. I did just get it cut the other day, so much better! I hate when it starts to get under my collar.
Have you ever tried no-poo? Or anyone here, for that matter? I'm really debating it... but I'm scared of the transition period. I've heard and read that it can be really great for curls, making them a lot less frizzy even without product. If I ever get the guts, I'm going to try it out. Not sure I'm there just yet, lol.

I kwym about no curling your hair - not for me, but my DD. She always pines for my curls, but her hair really hates curling!

AFM: So... I got my hair cut! I really like it - and my head/hair feels so much lighter. Thank goodness. I'm hoping this will help a ton with my neck/shoulder pains and headaches!
And DH and I had a nice afternoon in town alone! We didn't do anything much, other than a nice lunch just the 2 of us, but it was nice just being around with DH without the kids to watch... just for a little bit
Old 09-29-2012, 07:18 PM   #60
dagmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

[QUOTE=canadianbakers;15748616

I trick I learned from a hairdresser friend, after trying (for YEARS) to straighten my hair well with a brush while blowdrying - don't bother! Get your roots dry first of all, then go over the ends and get the hair all dry. Use a good hair straightener to achieve the smooth, straight locks. Works wonderfully, and is SO much quicker and less work than trying to do it all with the dryer and brush.
[/QUOTE]

When I use a straightner my hair looks flat and blah. But I will try it again I think I have a straightner somewhere.

When I use the magical round hairbrush I feel like a shampoo commercial.

I also have to get my hair colored but I am trying to get out of the 1st trimester. Ever since having ds1 my hair likes to show a little grey and I am not a fan
dagmomma is offline   Reply With Quote