Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #1521
808mamaof3
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit something FUN or New! Sept 23-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by knibert View Post

morning

big decision this morning.....chai, nutella hot choc, hot choc, mint hot choc. Chai may win..it's the newest fad of the bunch.
Morning! That sounds sooo good! I'm catching up on work emails and drinking a vietnamese iced coffee. Hope baby doesn't do cartwheels in my belly from the caffeine But....it tastes soooo good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayzee1081 View Post
today we're taking a trip to the pumpkin patch with kids' 4-year old class! Supposed to be beautiful here today though - maybe a little cool but still beautiful. today is also DD's snacks day - she wanted to take apples, caramel dip, marshmallow dip and apple cider in honor of their trip to the orchard - cute huh? Hehe!
Sounds like fun! My boys LOVE it when we make our annual pumpkin patch trip. Wish it was cool and harvest-like when we go...its usually in the mid-eighties and we need lots of sunscreen and water, lol.

[QUOTE=knibert;15741833]Great wetbags Karen!

QUOTE]

Thanks! Any idea how much I should sell them for? They are roughly 9x14 in size with procare insides. My last show, I sold out of them and priced at $15. Not sure if that was right on or a bit cheap.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl View Post
I need some thoughts from experienced mamas.

A spends all day in Bs face. He touches her, pushes her, pushes her with his feet, rolls on her. He gets excited very easily so if he is standing right next to her, as usual, he flails his arms and she usually gets hit. Some of it is intentional, some not, but the fact remains that B runs away from him all day and he never gives her any space.

This seems like it would be a common behavior to me. However, B does not need to be in childcare so I feel very badly subjecting her to it unnecessarily.

Does anyone have any tricks I can use? A gets time outs for intentional hits and kicks, and I spend all day asking him to keep his hands to himself.
Professionally speaking- Its typical behavior for a toddler boy. They tend to have more energy and less self-control than girls. At my work we are always on our active boy students to keep their hands and bodies to themselves.
However, just because its more "normal" behavior for boys, we don't tolerate the behavior. We usually have to separate some students and constantly remind them. We also encourage the other students who get bothered to "use their words" and provide examples such as, "I don't like that." "Please don't touch me," etc. and tell them that its okay to need personal space. That way the offending student hears that their behavior is bothersome from the offended party and not always the staff member.

On a personal side- Both of my boys are the energetic, in your face type so we're constantly on them when we're in playdates or sunday school. With my boys its not intentional/vicious...they're huggers and like to be affectionate with people so we're teaching them about personal space and who its appropriate for to hug (e.g. you can hug mommy, but not the stranger at Walmart ) We talk to them about safety and how it makes others feel when they get hugged or bothered and praise for good behavior/self control.

Hope that helps a bit. I'm sure its hurtful and frustrating to see your daughter upset with him. I'd definitely talk to her as well and let her know its okay to vocalize how she feels to A. Give A a bit of grace as it might have to do with his homelife and crazy long hours at your house, don't let the behavior go...it needs to be addressed.

Quote:
K..off to get those sinks clean.

we need milk but I have to wait for FedEx today. I've missed them the last two days and today will be the last time they try. Long story short. I rescheduled for yesterday thinking that i could just sign the little tag they left on the door and they would just drop it off, but nope, I gotta be here. They just took my signed on off the door and stuck a new one up there yesterday while we were out getting the disposer at Home Depot. the roofer is also coming today to take off our gutters.

So Z and I are chained to the house until all the service personnel are done w/their services.
I hate playing tag with UPS or FedEx. I just want my freakin' package...esp. if there is nice goodies in there!

Quote:
I made a mistake about 10 rows back on the sleeve. I have an extra knit row in the ribbing I can't tell too much on the front, but I saw it on the inside. It could probalby stay and be ok BUT that's all i'd see when i wore it. ribbit, ribbit
Boo for frogging, but yay for being a quick knitter and regaining ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumminbeachbabe View Post

I got my knitting mojo back! I'll post a wip once there's a bit more to it. I can't work on it while the oldest is home because it's going to be a Christmas present for him.
Hi Anjuli! How you feeling now? Can't wait to see the U of O hat. The Ducks have been doing well this football season!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
I am really mad about my last yfw from July because she just sent it back and there was only 5 inches finished of a 19 inch dress. I won't have time to finish this for dds bday on the ninth.
That stinks? Did you get your payment yarn returned? Was it on DS or off-site?

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmom View Post
my baltic is backordered
No!!!! That's a bummer!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
How long should something shipped priority take?
2-3 days...but I say 4-5 tops as sometimes it takes an extra day or so to ship over the ocean to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knit~it~good View Post
I finished a hat for me today!!
Great job!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeBananas View Post
Morning

I am doing laundry, all day long. I finally got everything that was clean hung and folded, but there is an ridiculous amount of laundry that needs to be washed. There is still stuff in storage that hasn't been washed since I moved, since Avery was born a few days later. I need to just get it all done.
Morning! I HATE laundry but apparently only my hands know how to wash and fold in this house. My short people have an excuse...but DH...yeah not so much. I'm getting nervous about the increase in laundry when baby comes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by danigrace05 View Post
This is why I don't like buying on Ravelry. People think they can do whatever they want. I sent pp on the 13th. She said she would ship the next day. I didn't hear anything for a week and messaged her, no reply. I messaged again two days later and she said she was having printer issues and would ship the next day. She ended up paying for the dc/shipping two days later but I think she waited to actually mail it out or something. The dc hasn't been updated since it left her sorting facility on the 25th.
The shipping notice from paypal is a total tease as it shoots it out when the label is made and not when the seller actually mails. FX that its in transit to you soon!

Advertisement

Old 09-28-2012, 12:27 PM   #1522
mysticmomma1879
Registered Users
seller
seller

On ds and no. Payment yarn was traded as soon as she got it she was allergic but didn't tell me
mysticmomma1879 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:34 PM   #1523
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticmomma1879 View Post
On ds and no. Payment yarn was traded as soon as she got it she was allergic but didn't tell me
shouldn't there be a rule that says they have to hold onto payment until the transaction is completed and both parties satisfied?

This kind of thing is exactly why I won't do trades or send my yarn to be worked by someone I have a long and good standing relationship with.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:35 PM   #1524
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Almonds are not as allergy likely as peanuts, right? DS likes to feed the baby even though we have said he is not allowed to and just gave him an almond. We got it back, but baby had chewed it up and been working on it for a bit before we realized it wasn't an authorized goody in his mouth.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1525
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

yes, and it's also a rule that all items must be received before the next yfw opens up.
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1526
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

um I don't think they are as allergic as other nuts
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:36 PM   #1527
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

all prefolds are sold
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:37 PM   #1528
stevensmom
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

and now I'm bummed again about my baltic maybe I can see if they will substitute it for something else...but what color?
Swag with me! Bing it!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #1529
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
yes, and it's also a rule that all items must be received before the next yfw opens up.
Yeah, that would stand to reason otherwise people would take on too much and nobody would ever get their obligations completed. What kind of shipping issues would take the better part of a month? seems if it takes that long and most of the knitting time has been taken by shipping, if the knitter cannot get it done, the yfw should be "started over" the next month not just extended so it would be like getting the stuff early for the Aug swap instead of extending the July swap. If it got switched, shouldn't it have been registered on the swap page? What is the likelihood of this knitter saying, no, she told me not to do the full skirt?

And what did she do, send it bound off at 5 inches in or what? I just cannot even imagine.
Old 09-28-2012, 12:41 PM   #1530
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
and now I'm bummed again about my baltic maybe I can see if they will substitute it for something else...but what color?
that one C that I love is similar colored, do they have that in stock? the back-order might only be a couple days though, email or call to check?