Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #41
msuk2girl's Avatar
msuk2girl
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Matthews, NC
Posts: 5,792
My Mood:
Re: KAL ~ Knit something FUN or New! Sept 23-29

Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn View Post
Really? That's so interesting! Did you always know growing up? We are semi-open, so she will know.

Erica- If you do a private adoption with no agency, it would be less than 5k. Some employers have adoption assistance programs. Plus a lot can be returned from tax credits.
I always knew, yes. My brother is 7 years younger than me and he was adopted too. In the 80s adoptions were closed so I have no info on my bio parents, but I don't really care either. He tried to find out some things but was never able to.

Advertisement

__________________
Shannon wife to my nerdy hubs, mom to My binary baby 10/10/10
msuk2girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:52 AM   #42
HookedByCarolyn's Avatar
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,129
My Mood:
Yeah I would TOTALLY take him too if she'd let me! She won't. He's her free ride!
__________________
Carolyn ~ mommy to 4boys (10.5, 7, 4, 18months) 2girls (5.5, 2) and 2^i^
KNIT GALLERY**MY STORE**CROCHET GALLERY
HookedByCarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:54 AM   #43
EskimoStitches's Avatar
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 8,402
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
Yeah I would TOTALLY take him too if she'd let me! She won't. He's her free ride!
For what? State assistance?
__________________
We are a Military family that lives without limits!
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:56 AM   #44
Aidensmommalove's Avatar
Aidensmommalove
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: New Jersey
Posts: 12,421
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

I found some but it's not in trade stash
Link? Just so i can get Ann idea of what it looks like

Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

For what? State assistance?
I was wondering the same thing.
__________________
Melody, mama to my big boy A 07/10/09 and my new lil boy G 10/20/13
and she loved a little boy so very very much, even more than she loved herself m.b
Aidensmommalove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #45
HookedByCarolyn's Avatar
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,129
My Mood:
Erica, Depends on your state and if you do an interstate adoption. Most likely you'll just have to pay for a home study. Ours was $2700. And then lawyer. Ours was $3500. But you may not need a home study depending on your state. You will for sure if you use 2 different states. That's what makes ours so :headbang: because of interstate laws! You could also do foster to adopt. Practically free that way! But you run the risk of being reunited.
__________________
Carolyn ~ mommy to 4boys (10.5, 7, 4, 18months) 2girls (5.5, 2) and 2^i^
KNIT GALLERY**MY STORE**CROCHET GALLERY
HookedByCarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:57 AM   #46
EskimoStitches's Avatar
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 8,402
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by msuk2girl

I always knew, yes. My brother is 7 years younger than me and he was adopted too. In the 80s adoptions were closed so I have no info on my bio parents, but I don't really care either. He tried to find out some things but was never able to.
My sister was abandoned so there was nothing to find but my older sister and brother have both aquatinted themselves with their biological families. My sister is ever so thankful she was adopted and my brother is less vocal about it all but he said it's cool to know them but he had a very different life and he is glad he is where he is.
__________________
We are a Military family that lives without limits!
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 11:58 AM   #47
EskimoStitches's Avatar
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 8,402
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aidensmommalove
Link? Just so i can get Ann idea of what it looks like

I was wondering the same thing.
I just searched woodland friends in stash and it was like the third in. I was trying to find you some last night jic you missed some but idk if it was pink you wanted or not.
__________________
We are a Military family that lives without limits!
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:01 PM   #48
HookedByCarolyn's Avatar
HookedByCarolyn
Registered Users
Formerly: shaneNspencersmommy
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 3,129
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by EskimoStitches

For what? State assistance?
Yes. And from other people. She's 24 and never had a job or home. She moves around from friends to family members. No one would help (aka enable) them if they didn't have the baby. My cousin is no better! He HAS a job but he spends over half of it in ONE night. Most likely drugs! Last Friday (pay day) he spent $360 in one night! Came home 20 hours lately broke with nothing to show for it!
__________________
Carolyn ~ mommy to 4boys (10.5, 7, 4, 18months) 2girls (5.5, 2) and 2^i^
KNIT GALLERY**MY STORE**CROCHET GALLERY
HookedByCarolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:02 PM   #49
EskimoStitches's Avatar
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 8,402
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn
Erica, Depends on your state and if you do an interstate adoption. Most likely you'll just have to pay for a home study. Ours was $2700. And then lawyer. Ours was $3500. But you may not need a home study depending on your state. You will for sure if you use 2 different states. That's what makes ours so :headbang: because of interstate laws! You could also do foster to adopt. Practically free that way! But you run the risk of being reunited.
Ya lots of states require the home study. We were able to get it waived when rb adopted dd but only because we had no cps involvement in any state and because he was her step parent but it was a big deal to get it waived we almost said screw it because the easier way was to get the hs done. I didn't do any of the deal tho. We paid an amazing lawyer and he took care of everything including getting her a new and corrected birth certificate. We lived in NY but our adoption was done in AK.
__________________
We are a Military family that lives without limits!
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 12:03 PM   #50
EskimoStitches's Avatar
EskimoStitches
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: Anchorage, Alaska
Posts: 8,402
My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by HookedByCarolyn

Yes. And from other people. She's 24 and never had a job or home. She moves around from friends to family members. No one would help (aka enable) them if they didn't have the baby. My cousin is no better! He HAS a job but he spends over half of it in ONE night. Most likely drugs! Last Friday (pay day) he spent $360 in one night! Came home 20 hours lately broke with nothing to show for it!
Wow.
__________________
We are a Military family that lives without limits!
EskimoStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.