Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-29-2013, 10:42 AM   #1
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Going for #3

DH and I finally got out in words what we think about having another baby. So after this month/cycle we are going to stop preventing! Since saying it out loud with him, I am more nervous than excited. lol. I sold practically everything in the past 2 years. I do have a few things that I can use for a new baby, but I will need to use my bargain shopper skills for this new one! I know it will be a lot easier getting things this time. I have a local consignment shop that does cheap bag sales and have the swap sites on FB where I can find good deals too. Also, I have 4-5 friends who have had babies somewhat recently.

3, wow, what am I thinking!? Sharing rooms, completely full car, out numbered parents?! lol. Should be an adventure I guess!

I know I could have another and do okay, I think, but I was much more confident going from 1 to 2.

Advertisement

SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Mamaleah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:59 AM   #2
amberacc
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Going for #3

We just had our 3rd surprise (but deeply loved) baby. 3 girls!!! I had sold most all of the clothes and some baby care items. I had luckily not sold my carseats, double stroller, bouncer, swing, and a few other high ticket items. Guess I get to go buy more clothes... YEAH!

It was, and still a month later, is scary for us. We have a lot of trying days with 3 (5yr, 2.5yr, newborn), but we are very lucky and know it.

Things will be great if you have a third!
amberacc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 11:35 AM   #3
l_Kimmie_l
Banned

My Mood:

Yay!!! We had our third together last year. It has been great!
l_Kimmie_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2013, 02:06 PM   #4
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Starting to get antsy for my period to get here! lol. I've got about 2 weeks. So I am in the 2ww in anticipation for my period, lol!

Another realization! All the diapers I have from DS are one size and larges. I do have 4 softbums that are known to be good for little babies, and 1 wahm made one that looks nice and tiny on the smallest setting. Soooo, this means I will need smaller diapers for the beginning! I do plan to use disposables in the very beginning most likely...at least a couple weeks or so. I will not buy any diapers until I am actually pregnant, but I will have fun looking!
SAHM to Keila 9/08 and Brycen 10/10. Expecting #3 ~Our Rainbow Baby~ March 2015!
Old 05-02-2013, 08:55 PM   #5
mkrisel
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamaleah
Starting to get antsy for my period to get here! lol. I've got about 2 weeks. So I am in the 2ww in anticipation for my period, lol!

Another realization! All the diapers I have from DS are one size and larges. I do have 4 softbums that are known to be good for little babies, and 1 wahm made one that looks nice and tiny on the smallest setting. Soooo, this means I will need smaller diapers for the beginning! I do plan to use disposables in the very beginning most likely...at least a couple weeks or so. I will not buy any diapers until I am actually pregnant, but I will have fun looking!
So excited for you! As far as diapers, we used disposables for the first weeks for two reasons. One, it was really hard to get the cloth diapers under the umbilical cord stump. Two: the cloth was just so huge on a brand new baby. And three: it was so expensive to buy diapers for a months use.
mkrisel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:17 PM   #6
Mamaleah
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrisel View Post
So excited for you! As far as diapers, we used disposables for the first weeks for two reasons. One, it was really hard to get the cloth diapers under the umbilical cord stump. Two: the cloth was just so huge on a brand new baby. And three: it was so expensive to buy diapers for a months use.
Thanks! Yes, those reason are all why I wouldn't buy newborn cloth diapers. I was thinking more of the Happy Heiny Mini one size or the Thirsties size 1. I only used cloth with DS and wasn't able to start until he was 3 months old. I know I would want to start sooner than that with a new baby. My son was not an average baby though (when he started wearing cloth at 3 months he was already wearing 9mo clothes). It is kind of exciting thinking about little diapers though!