Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2012, 02:32 PM   #11
yellowdog
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Sept 24

Goodness, it has been forever since I've posted in a weekly thread. Every day of the week but Monday I've got a playgroup, swimming, or music with DS so that's keeping me especially busy. This week I'm getting ready for our vacation! We're just going "up north" in Michigan but it'll be our first trip without DS (my first ever overnight without him). It'll be a combo 10th anniversary / babymoon trip. I'm looking forward to getting away and at least now am not too nervous about leaving DS with my parents for a week.

I'm currently 17w3d. Our *big* ultrasound is schedule for the Monday we're back from vacation. I figured that would give us something to look forward to as we ease back into reality after being away. So hopefully two weeks from today the baby will cooperate so we can find out what we're having.

I've been feeling what I'm assuming is movement (rather than gas or some other intestinal gurgles) off and on for a couple of weeks now. It's getting a bit more frequent. I haven't gained any weight yet. In fact I've lost 3 pounds! I contribute it to being sick last week and not eating much and trying my best to get out and walk at least a half hour at least every other day.

QOTW: Fall is my favorite season. I just wish winter didn't follow.

Advertisement

Old 09-24-2012, 03:26 PM   #12
hcokasil
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels View Post
Everything here is going so-so. I'm with hcokasil; 15 weeks tomorrow and the nausea FINALLY seems to be tapering off (though it's done this before, only to return with a vengeance..) but now my teeth are acting up. In a nut shell, they're awful, and I am absolutely, ridiculously terrified of the dentist.. so I've been putting off dental work for years. They always start hurting the worse when I am pregnant, so I was expecting this... just not quite so soon.
you can call me Lisa! What about cloves? i'm not exactly sure how your teeth are hurting, but clove oil works great to numb your gums! and as a bonus, your mouth will smell really fall-ish!
Old 09-24-2012, 03:51 PM   #13
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
After a mommy-is-too-sick hiatus from potty training, DD2 has had an excellent day! I'm determined to get DD2 trained before this baby comes. I did the 3 day no-pants system with DD1 and it worked like a charm. Day 1 with DD2 is going very well...something like 8 pees already and no accidents, except at naptime (and she was in trainers). I have a good feeling that we'll be out of diapers by the end of the week! Oh please please please!
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 03:52 PM   #14
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcokasil View Post
you can call me Lisa! What about cloves? i'm not exactly sure how your teeth are hurting, but clove oil works great to numb your gums! and as a bonus, your mouth will smell really fall-ish!
Thanks for the suggestion, Lisa! I will definitely look into some clove oil... sounds much more appealing than Orajel, anyhow.
Old 09-24-2012, 03:53 PM   #15
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
After a mommy-is-too-sick hiatus from potty training, DD2 has had an excellent day! I'm determined to get DD2 trained before this baby comes. I did the 3 day no-pants system with DD1 and it worked like a charm. Day 1 with DD2 is going very well...something like 8 pees already and no accidents, except at naptime (and she was in trainers). I have a good feeling that we'll be out of diapers by the end of the week! Oh please please please!
Yay for a good potty day! Hopefully she is on the road to being totally diaper free. Best of luck!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:32 PM   #16
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

i'm with everyone else fall is my favorite season! it's just comfy and cozy! it's finally cooled off here and is in the lower 70s in the day and lower 60s at night! love the changing of the leaves and have missed seeing the absolutely gorgeous foliage in eerie, pa. there was some pretty good foliage in ohio but eerie was the best place to go!

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeslittlewoman View Post
Fall is my favorite season! not cold yet in OK. Some cool days, some warm days. Each one beautiful!! I do prefer the cool days, though.
where in okla do you live? i grew up in lawton and graduated from elgin.

i have my 3 gtt tomorrow, blah. i just want it done and over with. i'm tired of this carb overload diet. i've started getting headaches and those aren't fun. i can't even keep my hair up because it just adds to the pain. i had migraines when i was pregnant with my son but they started much later around 5 or 6 months. everything is starting so much sooner this time it's crazy to me. i'm 14 weeks on thursday and really hoping to start feeling lots of movement soon!
Old 09-24-2012, 05:06 PM   #17
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Feeling blah today. Headcolds for 3 out of the 4 of us in this house.
End of the month at work means paperwork needs to get done... means a day off isn't in the cards unless a kid spikes a fever. My birthday is today and my daughter's is Thursday - so super busy week... We're doing a my little pony party on Saturday ... I have SO much to do before then, but with this headcold, not really wanting to do any of it. I have to make pony tails for the 5 kids to wear and run around with... making a pin the tail on the pony with an old projector/coloring book/poster boards... and the finale will be the cake - I'm going to attempt a 6 layer rainbow cake. ... add to that, have to shop for a few small presents for her... make a double batch of cookies for her to take to daycare and school on Thursday... Friday I'm off and can use the day to get a lot done (kid free)... but oy... I'm just not feeling it tonight and I want to go to bed early.

Haven't felt baby lately... I'll be 14 weeks in 2 days, but I swear I was feeling baby durinng week 11...now nothing. These are the times I'm glad I have a doppler at home. A quick check this morning for the little thump a bump and I was reassured

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:12 PM   #18
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I keep waiting for my girls to be good walkers before I start potty learning with them, sadly they are showing signs they are ready to potty learn but it would be hard to crawl to the bathroom! Hopefully they will only be wearing diapers at night when this one comes
Old 09-24-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post

Haven't felt baby lately... I'll be 14 weeks in 2 days, but I swear I was feeling baby durinng week 11...now nothing. These are the times I'm glad I have a doppler at home. A quick check this morning for the little thump a bump and I was reassured
i completely understand how you feel! i run every day mon-fri and i always check right before i get in the shower. i've been feeling more thumps and bumps at night but not sure if it's real or a dream, lol. i love having a doppler so i know all is well until i start feeling those regular movements!
Old 09-24-2012, 06:27 PM   #20
Sunshine915
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible

I keep waiting for my girls to be good walkers before I start potty learning with them, sadly they are showing signs they are ready to potty learn but it would be hard to crawl to the bathroom! Hopefully they will only be wearing diapers at night when this one comes
We've been training off and on since about 16 months. The big trouble wasn't walking...it was reaching! Poor girl is a little on the short side and had a hard time sitting on her little potty, let alone the big toilet. She's been sporatically using the toilet (even at other houses and in public rest rooms) for a good six months now, but now it's time to go full time. My goal was to get her out of dipes by her 2nd birthday, which she really seemed more than ready for, but m/s made it too hard for me to focus on her training. I feel like I'm so late in getting her trained! She's 25 months old, which is about how old her big sis was....but, still! You hear about kids at 18 months and I SO hoped to be that mom! Oh, well. You do what you can, kwim?
Sunshine915 is offline   Reply With Quote