Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:18 AM   #31
Christylkeller
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Sept 24

QOTW: Fall is also my favorite! I love the warm, pleasant days and cool crisp nights. I love the leaves changing and even raking them once they have fallen. And I LOVE fall scents... the particular smell of fall in the air, apples, pumpkins, cinnamon and clove... Mmmmmm... and I love fall/winter foods. I just wish it lasted longer and winter was much shorter!

AFM: feeling kind of blah! Not sure if I am trying to fight off some of the nastiness going around or if this is just fallout from a very busy last week. I took the children to Colonial Williamsburg for the day and then a couple of days later we did Field Days of the Past which was just as much walking as we did at Col. Will. And then we had a busy weekend out of the house.

Oh, and my stomach has been staging a revolt against me! I have been more physically sick since hitting the 2nd trimester, than I was during the entire 1st trimester. Blah! I wish this part would end already!

Advertisement

Homeschooling mom to A- '01, M- '05, E- '08 and G born 3/5/13 VBA3C

Always missing my 17 weeker E 7/25/11
Christylkeller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:45 AM   #32
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

QOTW: Fall is my favorite season by far! I love the changing leaves, scarves, brisk cool days, rain, the smell in the mountains, apple cider, pumpkins, halloween. I love it all! I am so happy it's fall!

AFM: I don't know why I am letting it get to me, but two of my friends have had their babies forward facing for the last 3 months or so (Both babies are now ten months and have been forward facing since about 7 months). It just makes me mad to be honest. I can't say anything because both of them would be upset and are very stubborn (I know they know.), but I want to shake them! Not only is it against the law, your baby could die in even a "low impact" (less than 20 MPH) crash. In Europe, children ride rear facing until they are 4. It's safer. They know that, we all know that. So why? I have heard the arguments, "Oh DS is so much happier." "DD screams if she is rear facing" ect. Ok, hmmm....dead, or crying. Seems like a no brainer to me. I know it's stressful when they cry and scream. My first son was small. He wasn't 20 lbs at a year, so even if I wanted to turn him I couldn't legally. He stayed rear facing until he was 22 lbs and 2 years, and wasn't the most pleasant of riders. I still felt like I shouldn't turn him yet and wish I would have waited longer even though nothing happened. I am not trying to offend anyone, and I really hope I'm not. I'm sorry if this does. I just needed to vent before I go crazy and climb into there cars and turn them around myself! I love these two little baby boys, and it's just hard to bite my tongue. Anyone else ever deal with this? What did you do?
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:58 AM   #33
love2row
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunshine915 View Post
I'm determined to get DD2 trained before this baby comes. I did the 3 day no-pants system with DD1 and it worked like a charm. Day 1 with DD2 is going very well...something like 8 pees already and no accidents, except at naptime (and she was in trainers). I have a good feeling that we'll be out of diapers by the end of the week! Oh please please please!
I need to start this with DS. He'll be almost 3 when this baby comes and is not interested in potty training at all. I'm going to start with the reward (aka: bribery) system of M&M's, but may try to pantless 3 day later if this doesn't work. We just had our carpets cleaned, so I'm a little scared to go pantless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids View Post
where in okla do you live? i grew up in lawton and graduated from elgin.
Hooray for Okies. I grew up in Edmond.

[QUOTE=Mom2lucy;15726741But great news is baby is fine. He was moving a lot in the ultrasound, and yes, its a BOY! So great! [/QUOTE]
Congrats on the boy and the wonderful u/s. Hope you're feeling better!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible View Post
Over here my sister called to say she picked a wedding date and guess what...it is 6 weeks after I am supposed to give birth! I had to have the uncomfortable conversation with her that I might not be able to go let alone be in the bridal party so that means my DDs cannot commit to being flowergirls. She is 400 miles away and it was just insane for her to think I could handle all that right after giving birth! (three kids under 2 at an outside wedding right after giving birth?!) 6 weeks after the girls were born I was still down for the count! Luckily my other sister talked to me and gave me some advice, she agreed with me on my choice. The bride took it really well which is surprising because she is the baby and very self centered. Hopefully the drama dies down!
OK, I have to admit that I was that sister. My wedding was 6 weeks after my nephew was born (the date was set before she got pregnant). That was her 3rd and she did great. She came out early with all three, and me and my parents really stepped in to help her out. She flew alone with them all, but then again she didn't have young twins -- her oldest was almost 5 and then a 2 yo & 6 weeks. I let them pick their own style dresses & told her that I was fine with her changing out of the dress when the ceremony & pics were over. It was also a halter-style dress, which made is easier for bf'ing. My BIL flew out for the ceremony to help with the kids -- we have a great pic of him dancing with the baby in the carrier -- anyway, my point was that it worked out OK for my sister. Hopefully your sis can find some similar ways to accomodate your situation so that you can attend & not be too overwhelmed. Good luck!

AFM - Things are quiet here. I think that I've felt a few flutters, but no major movement. I looks like this one is making it's presence known by tap dancing on my cervix like my DS did. Yikes! I am happy to feel something though! I'm getting some energy back and managed to get a few workouts in -- actually weights this time. Woohoo! Of course I have some motivation as I've been asked to develop a prenatal fitness class and a stroller fitness class for a local pregnancy center. What fun. I'm patiently waiting until Oct. 11 when our next u/s is. We're still on the fence about finding out the gender... such a tough decision.

QOTW - I love fall as well. There something about being able to put on the cuddly clothes and feel the chill in the air that I love. I'm still waiting for the big turn here in CO, but it's getting cooler by the day. I channeled my inner-fall loving personal yesterday by doing some major comfort cooking -- apple pie, homemade bread, and lentil & sausage soup. So yummy!
Beth - blissfully married to Doug. DS - Liam & Welcoming #2 in March 2013 New SAHM & Labor Doula.

love2row is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:55 AM   #34
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlids

where in okla do you live? i grew up in lawton and graduated from elgin.
Sweet! I grew up in Coweta. In Broken Arrow now, so didn't make it too far, lol.

Last night I felt thumps that I'm finally sure are the baby!! Yay! And the nausea is almost completely gone. Little funkiness late afternoon, but such an improvement!

Last edited by joeslittlewoman; 09-25-2012 at 12:01 PM.
joeslittlewoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #35
joeslittlewoman
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom2lucy
qotw: depends. If its been a LOOOONG winter (0ct to june) - summer is my favorite. If its been a mild winter and decent summer then i love fall. This year is all about Fall for me. I am glad to wear fall maternity clothes. I cant wait to wear those uber comfy costco UGG knock offs of mine. I am excited for pumpkin foods, soups, stews, roasts, etc. I really do hate winter though so usually its impending doom can make fall no fun. not this year though!

had a scare this weekend. everything is ok so far. I am on a semi bed rest. No being on my feet for longer than an hour for a week. The midwife thinks it might be some sort of an infection that is causing contractions in turn causing bleeding. I am still contracting. But great news is baby is fine. He was moving a lot in the ultrasound, and yes, its a BOY! So great! They checked the placenta and for any abnormalities that they could look for at 15w and things like that. Everything looked great. Midwife said it would be incredibly unlikely that i had a miscarriage at this point. so i feel a lot better, but id still really like the cramping to stop. Im pretty sore.

I bought some new-to-me diapers. grovia newborns. and a nursing cover and some clothes. I love buying baby stuff!
Sorry you are on bedrest Glad to hear things look good, though. Congrats on your boy!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:44 PM   #36
mommajewels
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm officially withdrawing from Team Green. I am weak, I am not worthy, I can not do it... LOL! Seriously though, the closer I get to my next ultrasound (and I still have a month to go.) ... the more anxious I am feeling, and it is LITERALLY driving me INSANE.

Up until about 2 days ago, I have been 100% convinced this baby is a girl. My Dh is convinced it's a girl, my mom, dad, sister, etc... all 4 of my older children, everyone says GIRL. As for my 2 year old... she always goes back & forth. If I ask her, "Is the baby a boy or a girl?" She says girl. And then I can re-ask her again right off the bat, "is the baby a girl or a boy?" and she will say boy. We figured it out right away that she is just saying the last option she is given.

BUT then the other day she was snugglin' with my belly when we laid down for naps. We weren't even talking about the baby at all, when all of the sudden she sat up, looked me square in the face and said, "It's not a girl baby mom, it's a boy baby!"

I know it might sound crazy to let a 2 year old make me second guess what I've been so sure of since day 1.... but I just believe littles have a special kinda intuition when it comes to this sort of thing. And my belief of that is so strong because before I ever knew I was pregnant with our 1st, I was babysitting a friends 2 y/o son. He TOO was laying in my lap going to sleep when he looked up at me, patted my belly and said, "you got baby!" I tested the next day and clear as day, BFP.

So now I am going even crazier.. LOL. I've been convinced it's a girl so I haven't even really considered the fact that we may be having a boy, and now I am goin' insane wondering if Londyn is right and we are indeed having a boy. So I know I as soon as baby is on that monitor again I am going to be all telll me telllll me tellllllll me!

So there, I suck, and I can't do it. LOL!! Sorry for the novel, just had to get it out!
Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #37
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

If it makes you feel any better...I'm traveling to my brother's wedding at 37 weeks unless I am forbidden to go (by my OB)...but I'm praying not!

However, traveling while pregnant is much easier than AFTER the baby is born!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #38
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by mommajewels
I'm officially withdrawing from Team Green. I am weak, I am not worthy, I can not do it... LOL! Seriously though, the closer I get to my next ultrasound (and I still have a month to go.) ... the more anxious I am feeling, and it is LITERALLY driving me INSANE.

Up until about 2 days ago, I have been 100% convinced this baby is a girl. My Dh is convinced it's a girl, my mom, dad, sister, etc... all 4 of my older children, everyone says GIRL. As for my 2 year old... she always goes back & forth. If I ask her, "Is the baby a boy or a girl?" She says girl. And then I can re-ask her again right off the bat, "is the baby a girl or a boy?" and she will say boy. We figured it out right away that she is just saying the last option she is given.

BUT then the other day she was snugglin' with my belly when we laid down for naps. We weren't even talking about the baby at all, when all of the sudden she sat up, looked me square in the face and said, "It's not a girl baby mom, it's a boy baby!"

I know it might sound crazy to let a 2 year old make me second guess what I've been so sure of since day 1.... but I just believe littles have a special kinda intuition when it comes to this sort of thing. And my belief of that is so strong because before I ever knew I was pregnant with our 1st, I was babysitting a friends 2 y/o son. He TOO was laying in my lap going to sleep when he looked up at me, patted my belly and said, "you got baby!" I tested the next day and clear as day, BFP.

So now I am going even crazier.. LOL. I've been convinced it's a girl so I haven't even really considered the fact that we may be having a boy, and now I am goin' insane wondering if Londyn is right and we are indeed having a boy. So I know I as soon as baby is on that monitor again I am going to be all telll me telllll me tellllllll me!

So there, I suck, and I can't do it. LOL!! Sorry for the novel, just had to get it out!
That is so cool! Can't wait to find out if your DD is right!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:26 PM   #39
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2row View Post
OK, I have to admit that I was that sister. My wedding was 6 weeks after my nephew was born (the date was set before she got pregnant). That was her 3rd and she did great. She came out early with all three, and me and my parents really stepped in to help her out. She flew alone with them all, but then again she didn't have young twins -- her oldest was almost 5 and then a 2 yo & 6 weeks. I let them pick their own style dresses & told her that I was fine with her changing out of the dress when the ceremony & pics were over. It was also a halter-style dress, which made is easier for bf'ing. My BIL flew out for the ceremony to help with the kids -- we have a great pic of him dancing with the baby in the carrier -- anyway, my point was that it worked out OK for my sister. Hopefully your sis can find some similar ways to accomodate your situation so that you can attend & not be too overwhelmed. Good luck!
Having the date set before you are pregnant is one thing but she just got engaged last week and before that she told me they were thinking July but then last night said they moved it up to 6 weeks after my due date because they wanted a shorter engagement. That is what got me, why the hell did she move it up SO much? She was doing well with it but just sent me a bridezilla message on FB. Oh well...that's Ash!

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
If it makes you feel any better...I'm traveling to my brother's wedding at 37 weeks unless I am forbidden to go (by my OB)...but I'm praying not!

However, traveling while pregnant is much easier than AFTER the baby is born!
AGREED! I think that is what set her off today, I asked her if she wanted to move it up because they do not want a long engagement why not do it before I deliver so I can be there and she went all crazy bridezilla on me. I think giving her some room to cool off is in order.

...on a different note I just made the appt. for our 3D ultrasound to find out gender. I have to wait until the 19th which will be HARD to do!!!
Old 09-25-2012, 02:56 PM   #40
roseyroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthmama7
QOTW: Fall is my favorite season by far! I love the changing leaves, scarves, brisk cool days, rain, the smell in the mountains, apple cider, pumpkins, halloween. I love it all! I am so happy it's fall!

AFM: I don't know why I am letting it get to me, but two of my friends have had their babies forward facing for the last 3 months or so (Both babies are now ten months and have been forward facing since about 7 months). It just makes me mad to be honest. I can't say anything because both of them would be upset and are very stubborn (I know they know.), but I want to shake them! Not only is it against the law, your baby could die in even a "low impact" (less than 20 MPH) crash. In Europe, children ride rear facing until they are 4. It's safer. They know that, we all know that. So why? I have heard the arguments, "Oh DS is so much happier." "DD screams if she is rear facing" ect. Ok, hmmm....dead, or crying. Seems like a no brainer to me. I know it's stressful when they cry and scream. My first son was small. He wasn't 20 lbs at a year, so even if I wanted to turn him I couldn't legally. He stayed rear facing until he was 22 lbs and 2 years, and wasn't the most pleasant of riders. I still felt like I shouldn't turn him yet and wish I would have waited longer even though nothing happened. I am not trying to offend anyone, and I really hope I'm not. I'm sorry if this does. I just needed to vent before I go crazy and climb into there cars and turn them around myself! I love these two little baby boys, and it's just hard to bite my tongue. Anyone else ever deal with this? What did you do?

It eats me up too! I don't know how you can bite your tongue, pregnancy has made me less inhibited about speaking my mind! lol. As far as anyone getting offended....if their baby is that young forward facing..then they can get offended all they want! Its negligance and they should be turned into cps! ( see what I mean? I have no mercy now.) I don't understand how people can justify it to themselves, I guess they really beleive that nothing bad it's going to happen to them..that they are not going to get in an accident.
I have this fear of some sort of stupid (preventable) accident of somekind claiming the life/lives of my children....it keeps me awake at night imagining various things...that could happen to my kids. So, I don't understand how someone can justify that sort of thing if they really know how dangerous it is.
Prehaps share a video on carseat safety that shows what happens to a baby/child in a crash. I seen one when my dd was 3 or almost 3. And she got turned around rear facing again. It was an eye opener for me..before I didn't really realize the dangers and the damages those little bodies can sustain in a crash. With my oldest 3 kids I turned them around as soon as it was legal. I wish someone had of shown me then what I know now. Unfortnetly in my experience the info just isn't widely known. I am just thankful we were never in an accident.