Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 05:57 PM   #41
samham
Registered Users
seller

I have a terrible time staying caught up here. Much easier for me on FB.

QOTW: really, I love any season but winter. I'm not a fan of snow, well not driving in the snow. Otherwise I wouldn't mind it so much. I do love snowy days with hot cocoa and cuddling in fuzzy jammies, and Christmas. I'm excited for fall this year, summer kicked my butt and egged my morning sickness on bad.

We are doing 3D ultrasound tomorrow. Got the military to move our actual one up some but we are impatient and the hubs really wants some pics to take with him while he is gone yet another month. I feel so bad he is missing so much. He would give anything for my son to be his own and now that he is actually having his own, he misses it all. He is having a hard time with it.
So what is count up to for boys and girls? I thought girls were ahead but FB says the group is more blue.

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 06:31 PM   #42
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by twinpossible
Brittany - so sorry you are uncomfortable but thank goodness your BOY is fine!

Over here my sister called to say she picked a wedding date and guess what...it is 6 weeks after I am supposed to give birth! I had to have the uncomfortable conversation with her that I might not be able to go let alone be in the bridal party so that means my DDs cannot commit to being flowergirls. She is 400 miles away and it was just insane for her to think I could handle all that right after giving birth! (three kids under 2 at an outside wedding right after giving birth?!) 6 weeks after the girls were born I was still down for the count! Luckily my other sister talked to me and gave me some advice, she agreed with me on my choice. The bride took it really well which is surprising because she is the baby and very self centered. Hopefully the drama dies down!
Totally not fun going to a wedding right after having a baby but do able too.
I was my cousin's maid of honor. Her date was set for July 21. I found out I was pregnancy in like November. My due date was July 13th. So I was either going with a newborn or about to explode. I asked her if she wanted to pick a different maid of honor and was totally hormonal. She said we'd work it all out and wasnt worried. I ended up having DD the end of June. She was 3 weeks at the wedding and DS was 17 months. It was crazy but we figured it out. There was a lot of family to help and DH, DS and I were all in the wedding. I wasnt easy but wasnt as bad as I has expected either.

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:43 PM   #43
amcess721
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Lil Shamrocks - Week of Sept 24

Another sad hit for a march mama... not a DS mama, but my friend IRL from highschool. She was due a week before me on March 20th. Bleeding with cramps today - they took her right in for ultrasound and no heartbeat found. They took her right in for D&C

Do you Swag? I do! Click here to join swagbucks! Earn points. Get free stuff!
amcess721 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:12 PM   #44
TS8213
Registered Users

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
Another sad hit for a march mama... not a DS mama, but my friend IRL from highschool. She was due a week before me on March 20th. Bleeding with cramps today - they took her right in for ultrasound and no heartbeat found. They took her right in for D&C
So sorry for your friend.

I think there's only 1 reported Girl for the March group thus far, and 3 (?) Boys.

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using DS Forum
TS8213 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #45
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721 View Post
so sorry for your friend's loss

afm: i didn't have to do the 3 hr gtt today! i'm so happy with the ob's here at this base! i had glucose in my fasting urine and i'm not sure what my fasting blood glucose was. i told my doc the symptoms that i have when i drink that nasty drink and she said we can just skip it and left it up to me. i said no right away and they are just going to treat me as i have GD. that's fine with me it was controlled by diet with my son so i'm expecting the same thing this time. i'm also happy that i don't have to use my finger tips this time around for the glucose checks i can use my forearm!
Old 09-25-2012, 09:01 PM   #46
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by amcess721
So sorry for your friend

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
kushie tushie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 09:15 PM   #47
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TS8213 View Post
So sorry for your friend.

I think there's only 1 reported Girl for the March group thus far, and 3 (?) Boys.
Agreed.

Yes, I think 3 boys and 1 girl so far. We find out in about 3 weeks.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:39 AM   #48
earthmama7
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseyroberts View Post
It eats me up too! I don't know how you can bite your tongue, pregnancy has made me less inhibited about speaking my mind! lol. As far as anyone getting offended....if their baby is that young forward facing..then they can get offended all they want! Its negligance and they should be turned into cps! ( see what I mean? I have no mercy now.) I don't understand how people can justify it to themselves, I guess they really beleive that nothing bad it's going to happen to them..that they are not going to get in an accident.
I have this fear of some sort of stupid (preventable) accident of somekind claiming the life/lives of my children....it keeps me awake at night imagining various things...that could happen to my kids. So, I don't understand how someone can justify that sort of thing if they really know how dangerous it is.
Prehaps share a video on carseat safety that shows what happens to a baby/child in a crash. I seen one when my dd was 3 or almost 3. And she got turned around rear facing again. It was an eye opener for me..before I didn't really realize the dangers and the damages those little bodies can sustain in a crash. With my oldest 3 kids I turned them around as soon as it was legal. I wish someone had of shown me then what I know now. Unfortnetly in my experience the info just isn't widely known. I am just thankful we were never in an accident.
That's so funny because I DID post a video! My pregnancy um...moodiness? (lol) made me want to tag the moms in the post, but I refrained. I wish I would have waited longer with my second son. He was 18 months when I flipped him, and as weird as it seems, I gave in to peer pressure from friends and family who thought it was cruel to him. grrrr.... I don't know why I listened to them, but I won't this time. Anyway...glad someone understands the frustration. I don't want to jeopardize my friendships with them, but I can't help wanting to smack them!
earthmama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 11:52 AM   #49
eco-mum
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
DD is 2 1/2 and still rear facing and I get a lottt of comments about it (mostly negative ). Oh well! I feel much safer with her rear facing as I know it IS much safer. I honestly don't know at what point I will feel comfortable turning her around. Maybe 3ish.. :shrug:

Last edited by eco-mum; 09-26-2012 at 11:56 AM.
eco-mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:03 PM   #50
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

My twins are rear facing and will be until at least 3 years old. I am just too worried about some idiot hitting us. I would rather have broken legs then a broken neck! Our carseats sit up kinds high so the girls like to wave at people out the back window of our minivan. It's pretty cute Our windows are tinted so people can't see them but they think they can!