Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-16-2012, 12:04 PM   #21
Registered Users
Re: Too much babywearing or the wrong crrier?

It was in the spring but we went to a street fair and I double packed 2 kids at a time for about 4-5 hours in 2 Action Baby Carriers. I have 3 kids so it wasn't always the same kids but it was about 55 lbs to 70 lbs on me and the only pain I had afterwards was in my knees and the skin on my shoulders from the straps rubbing, I was wearing a spaghetti strap top.

Wife to Andrew, Mother to Zoe(7), Luke(5), and Henry(3)
Baby lost at 17 weeks June 28th 2013
Baby lost at 15 weeks March 2014
babycat42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 12:56 PM   #22
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Too much babywearing or the wrong crrier?

Originally Posted by lalaith View Post
You have to work up to it as well - you can't go from ten minutes a day to eight hours a day withou feeling it.
This exactly! I wear my DS2 a lot more than DH does, so when he does wear, he really feels it, since those muscles are not used to it, he hurts after he wears. And if I have not worn DS2 for longer lengths of time, if I suddenly go to wearing for hours at at time, I will feel it. Nothing wrong with the carrier, my body is just not used to that particular physical activity for that length of time. Both strength and endurance have to be built up over time.

I just wore DS2 to see the Space Shuttle, and held DS1 on my shoulders for part of the time so he could see over the crowd. My body was not used to carrying that much weight (64lbs) in that position, and I seriously felt it the next day.
Cristina, Mama to Michael 03-16-06 , Nathan 01-16-11, and an angel 01-20-09
Go with your gut, follow your heart.
thtr4me is offline   Reply With Quote