Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-24-2012, 06:41 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
40 Day Purge Week 7~ September 24-28th

MONDAY~ craft or sewing supplies

TUESDAY~ laundry room

WEDNESDAY~ linen closet

THURSDAY~ backyard shed

FRIDAY~ homeschool supplies or kids school supplies & backpacks

Advertisement

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 06:52 AM   #2
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

Re: 40 Day Purge Week 7~ September 24-28th

Oh YIKES!!! Craft stuff. I knew that this was going to come along again. I guess I need to tackle the pile in my basement thats been waiting. There is something about my sewing stuff that I try at all costs to avoid........
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:21 AM   #3
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Yeah I am glad I dont have a shed because sewing stuff is going to take a LONG time. I am trying to sew through my stash since it I my work I dont want to throw fabric out. I do have things that can go though (like patterns people gave to me that I am never going to use

Your not a woman until people come out of your vagina and step on your dreams. Louis C.K.

Old 09-24-2012, 10:18 AM   #4
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I used to have tubs of polar fleece in our shed. I had got a huge load off my local classifieds. but in the last few years i have purged or sold what I knew I wouldn't need. So thank goodness for that. Now I just need to go through my fabric and be realistic about what I will actually use. It's hard since I do have the storage space and I can keep some. But I will limit myself to 2 tubs of fabric and thats it.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 09-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #5
Joluru
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm *almost* done with kids clothes, shoes, and toys. This has included shopping for the things they need for fall/winter, not just organizing and purging, and I'm SO CLOSE! I'm going to finish it this week, and hopefully get through the linen closet as well.

The garage sale keeps being put off. I want to get it done before the weather gets unpredictable, and I have a huge stack ready to go. I might try selling in lots on Craigslist or eBay, or at the consignment store, if we don't get through the garage sale. I just want to get something out of all this STUFF!
Joluru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 12:13 PM   #6
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I was ahead of the game. I gave my mom the spare sewing machine & my craft stuff all fits in 1 steralite tub. Minus my machine.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:12 PM   #7
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickshep19 View Post
I was ahead of the game. I gave my mom the spare sewing machine & my craft stuff all fits in 1 steralite tub. Minus my machine.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
Oh! Thank you for the idea of storing my craft stuff in a tub! I actually just cleared out a couple of plastic tubs over the weekend (moved the stuff into cardboard boxes for donating). I was wondering what to put in the plastic tubs, and I was wondering what to do with all my craft stuff - duh! Great idea. Currently, my fabrics are stored in various areas in my house. I also don't have a sewing area right now as I moved my sewing machine to the basement when DS came along last year. Part of my goal this week is to create an area in my basement where I would be able to work on my sewing machine
On a kitchen organizing note - going back to week 1 here - I received a new spice organizer today. I think this one will finally work well! I just spent some time moving all of my glass spice jars from the counter organizer I had into the new organizer that is now closed behind a cabinet door. I just wanted my spices off the counter!! The new spice rack is not glamorous looking, but I think it actually will be quite functional.

Last edited by indigo152; 11-01-2012 at 09:05 AM.
indigo152 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 02:39 PM   #8
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152

Oh! Thank you for the idea of storing my craft stuff in a tub! I actually just cleared out a couple of plastic tubs over the weekend (moved the stuff into cardboard boxes for donating). I was wondering what to put in the plastic tubs, and I was wondering what to do with all my craft stuff - duh! Great idea. Currently, my fabrics are stored in various areas in my house. I also don't have a sewing area right now as I moved my sewing machine to the basement when DS came along last year. Part of my goal this week is to create an area in my basement where I would be able to work on my sewing machine
On a kitchen organizing note - going back to week 1 here - I received a new spice organizer today. I think this one will finally work well! I just spent some time moving all of my glass spice jars from the counter organizer I had into the new organizer that is now closed behind a cabinet door. I just wanted my spices off the counter!! The new spice rack is not glamorous looking, but I think it actually will be quite functional.
You are very welcome. It helps me keep my craft stuff in check. If it doesn't fit then some things need to go.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:46 PM   #9
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I've lost all motivation. I just keep staring at my craft stuff and I don't want to tackle it. I know that I'll be able to continue on the purging again once I've done this but all energy to purge is gone.
Join me on Swagbucks

Old 09-26-2012, 06:35 AM   #10
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I haven't purged any craft stuff per say BUT I have made 3 diapers, 4 pairs of fleece longies, and a car seat poncho so I am working through my fabric. I also have 2 pairs of longies cut out and ready to be sewn today and I have training pants to get done for a friend at breastfeeding group tonight. Sewing has been so hard to get done so I am really happy that I am getting back in the groove