Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:21 AM   #1
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

weight gain mostly on hips/thighs/butt?

Anyone experience this?

I have always been a tad bottom heavy, even though I am mostly petite. I've just always had "birthin' hips"

Well, this pregnancy, my belly seems smaller than normal, and my hips/thighs/butt are ginormous and getting bigger.

Why?!

I HATE this. I feel like my butt swallows the toilet when I sit on it. I look at my thighs when I'm sitting down and I just feel WIDE. Help me! I'm spreading!

Guess I should add, I'm not eating a ton, really. My diet is pretty much the same as it was pre-pregnancy. I doubt I'm even taking in that many more calories, honestly.

Advertisement

Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 02:30 PM   #2
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: weight gain mostly on hips/thighs/butt?

This happened to me with this past pregnancy which I have mixed feelings about being over now that it is. My butt in particular really seemed to grow and grow and grow. It was horrid to me. This was the first time I'd had this happen too. I don't think there is anything you can do about it though.

My only reprieve is that I lose my baby weight quickly. I gained 30lbs total. I'm 10 days pp now. I'm 1lb away from having it all gone. And, my butt is definitely smaller. Maybe it was swelling. LOL!

Sorry.
Old 10-22-2012, 02:58 PM   #3
EmilytheStrange
Registered Users

My Mood:

that's where I gain it.. well.. the butt and thighs anyways... ugh.

I've started walking a little each day to try and ward it off, but I know that's where I gain weight. Period.

If I never worked out again, I'd probably just be a big pear.

and yes, it's depressing. My babies always decide to stick when I'm at the peak of my fitness. I'm not complaining, but hubby has said 'well, it looks like all we need for you to get pregnant is for you to get up to 5-6 miles of running at a time' because it's happened twice now.
Old 10-23-2012, 11:16 AM   #4
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

oh mama's....you have no idea about how the grass is greener!

I tend to not gain wait in my hips/butt/thighs in the same way, and all of my excess baby weight is in my belly after the baby is born.

I'm pretty sure it's more flattering to carry extra weight in your hips/butt/thighs as long as your waist is still pretty normal looking.

grass is greener, grass is greener...but from my perspective you all have it better!!

happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:24 AM   #5
brookglen
Registered Users

I'm a hippy girl too. My husband digs it for some reason (I'll never for the life of me understand butt men, but I guess I should thank my lucky stars), my clothing HATES it. I just want to do leg lifts all day. I'm dreading the day after I give birth and see how much work I need to do.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 12:40 PM   #6
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by brookglen View Post
I'm a hippy girl too. My husband digs it for some reason (I'll never for the life of me understand butt men, but I guess I should thank my lucky stars), my clothing HATES it. I just want to do leg lifts all day. I'm dreading the day after I give birth and see how much work I need to do.
When I saw my butt in a mirror at about 12 mos post partum last time, I literally sat on the end of my bed and broke down and cried....

It looked like two flat tires hanging from my lower back.... complete with some nice TREAD MARKS all over the inside and outside of my butt cheeks.

I'm so mortified that my butt this time seems to be filling out even MORE than last time. Zomgosh.

I'm really not even vain. I'm just really disgusted imagining how my post baby body will look.
Old 10-23-2012, 12:53 PM   #7
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by happymama1 View Post
oh mama's....you have no idea about how the grass is greener!

I tend to not gain wait in my hips/butt/thighs in the same way, and all of my excess baby weight is in my belly after the baby is born.

I'm pretty sure it's more flattering to carry extra weight in your hips/butt/thighs as long as your waist is still pretty normal looking.

grass is greener, grass is greener...but from my perspective you all have it better!!

I am 50-60lbs overweight pre-baby. (Depending on if you go by what I want to be and think I should or what the top end of normal is for my height.) While I gained it in my butt and hips with this pregnancy, I hold most of my extra weight in my stomach. I actually have a small butt compared to the rest of me when I'm not pregnant. I've lost all my baby weight already at 11 days post-partum. But, one of my kids said to me just a few days ago (when most of it was gone already), "your tummy is still big." Yeah, well, that is just me. I look 4-6 months pregnant even when I'm not. Needless to say, I'm planning to start working on it as soon as my bleeding slows back down. It picked back up for some reason.

Anyway, I don't know if I would say people who hold it in their butt and hips have it better or not. Personally, I think those who have it well distributed all over have it best. And, those who have none have the very best.

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 10-23-2012 at 12:54 PM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 05:17 PM   #8
pine_apple_goat
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
When I was pregnant with my DD my butt and thighs got huge, I'm talking huge. Like pp said, my butt looked like it had tire tread tracks all over it. I hated it. Now, DD is two and my butt is basically back to normal. Kinda oddly shaped but better. My thighs on the other hand are still huge, lol.
pine_apple_goat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:32 PM   #9
happymama1
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post

Anyway, I don't know if I would say people who hold it in their butt and hips have it better or not. Personally, I think those who have it well distributed all over have it best. And, those who have none have the very best.
I agree!
happymama1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 06:38 PM   #10
Kiliki
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by pine_apple_goat View Post
When I was pregnant with my DD my butt and thighs got huge, I'm talking huge. Like pp said, my butt looked like it had tire tread tracks all over it. I hated it. Now, DD is two and my butt is basically back to normal. Kinda oddly shaped but better. My thighs on the other hand are still huge, lol.
My beautiful tread marks showed up post partum. If they were just there during pregnancy I totally wouldn't care. But it's actually FROM the pregnancy and it's on my non-pregnant body. So I'm fairly sure my butt is permanently screwed up forever. I'd actually RATHER stay pg or be overweight b/c then at least I don't have flesh bags with road maps.