Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 11-04-2012, 08:54 AM   #31
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: When did you tell?

last time we told the day of but i might wait to see if i turn out to be this time due to BV last time. only 2dpp

babilove121405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 11:01 AM   #32
Registered Users

First time we told right away at 4 weeks. That one ended in a loss during which MIL and SIL said some ridiculous things that really soured the experience and let us know they could not offer any support when we were hurting. MIL actually said to me, "That's okay since I wasn't ready to be a grandma anyway!"

The last three I told my mom right away but his family have been the last to know around 12 weeks. This time when we announced to them on Skype and MIL literally said,"oh...huh" and then didn't mention it again.
Married to my soulmate Chris since 2004 Mama to big boy D 8/12/06, Big Girl M 3/7/10 and my sweet new boy E 9/10/12!

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 12:51 PM   #33
Registered Users
My Mood:
With our first three we announced right away, but the last pregnancy ended in miscarriage. So with our latest little peanut I was very shy about telling anyone. I told my husband, best friend, mom, and direct supervisor at 4 weeks. After an 8 week u/s and I hear the heartbeat. I told the other nurses at the doctors office were I work, since I ave a history of passing out in the first and second trimesters. The rest of the office and family will be told over thanksgiving holiday as I *** the 12 week mark.
Nyghtengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 03:20 PM   #34
Registered Users
My Mood:

I told my manager and a few close co-workers at 6 weeks in preparation for being sick. My close family was told after the first ultrasound at 9 weeks. DH just told FB on Friday at 13 weeks. If it was up to me I'd let people figure it out for themselves, haha, but he's been chomping at the bit to tell.

With our first we told most people around 10 weeks, after we saw and heard a good strong heartbeat.
Wife to E 10-29-05.
Mom to tougHGirl L 5-4-10
tougHGuy B 5-1-13

Last edited by MommaLEB; 11-04-2012 at 03:21 PM.
MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 04:13 PM   #35
Registered Users

We told with our first at 4 weeks, 2nd at 10 weeks, and when we get prego again we hope to wait until 16 weeks (we would like to know the gender) but I don't know if I could hide it that long.
s@hmommy is offline   Reply With Quote