Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 08:31 AM   #11
taylor's mom
Registered Users

Re: Cd?

i have 2 in cd, but up till a couple months ago had 3. i don't notice a big change in my laundry routine. with the kids being little, i'm constantly doing laundry anyways lol. i don't get them hung out nearly as often as i'd like because then i forget them on the line for a day or two. the dryer is just so much quicker. we use all pockets, so the only part i'm bad about is re-stuffing them. i have a basket sitting waiting to be stuffed as i speak lol. if i haven't gotten to them, we just grab a liner and dipe and stuff it at changing time.

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 10:25 AM   #12
nonipie
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm CDing two right now and I agree that is it just a habit now. I wash when the pail is full. I throw them in when the kids go to bed and then switch to the dryer or hang them in the morning. It really doesn't take that long. What is helpful is having way more than we need. So I end up washing about every other day no matter what but I may not get a chance to fold and put them away until the weekend. At any time we may have 2-3 clean loads of diapers in the basket and still some in the drawer. They're clean but I don't feel pressured to get to put them away if I can't today.

ISO:MM Optimus Prime, MM Time Lord and Supreme Dalek
nonipie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 12:11 PM   #13
lauren99
Registered Users
seller

I had a 2 year old in cloth when my boys were born so I was already in the habit. I did have to buy a ton to be able to line dry them though. I did give up folding them and putting them away instead opting to leave them in the clean wetbag. It just takes some time to get in the routine.
lauren99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 09:12 PM   #14
MomToMyMonkeys
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I only have one in CDs right now, so I only wash once a week. I work full time and that is the best solution I've come up with for us. I have a massive stash so even with 2 in diapers I wash washing every 5 or so days. I put the dipes in the wash before I go to bed and transfer to the dryer in the morning before leaving for work. I own/run a childcare center so the kids go with me and of course we CD there as well :-)

Sent from my iPhone
MomToMyMonkeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #15
dressagemom
Registered Users
seller

I have a delay function on my washing machine, which lets me run the diaper laundry in the night. I run a short cycle as a pre-rinse, and then set the main cycle to run overnight, so that in the morning, I can toss them in the dryer. My littles like to sit on the bed and help me fold diapers, which means I don't have to worry about what they are getting into. I've been using cloth for nearly 15 years, so it's a pretty ingrained habit by this time. I think it may be something you just play around with to find out what works for you, and then make that a habit. CD saves us money, so it was worth it to me to figure out how to make it work.
dressagemom is offline   Reply With Quote