Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-20-2012, 09:48 AM   #1
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
3 across in a 2012 Equinox

S this even possible. One child is 3 and harnessed and mom is expecting twins. I told her the reality of a harnessed seat and two carrier seats is going to be slim.

Would three Radians fit in this vehicle? What about a FF harmony harnessed seat and two Radians?

Advertisement

Old 09-20-2012, 02:31 PM   #2
Mags462
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: 3 across in a 2012 Equinox

Bare in mind this is purely based on the numbers i found about the Equinox on the internet. True life may play out differently

Supposedly that second row is 51inches across..... so she *might* be able to get 3 Radians across there..... or according to the stats a keyfit, combi shuttle 33, cybex aton (VERY narrow according to chart), Graco Snugride 30 (only the 30, the other models are wider), safety first onboard 35, or lamaze via's are as wide as the Radian.

I am thinking based purely on numbers that a RF Aton, FF Radian, RF Aton would probably be her best bet.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #3
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Should have mentioned we are in Canada. No Cybex and no combo shuttle.
Old 09-20-2012, 05:53 PM   #4
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Will pass the rest of this info along. It's very helpful. Thanks so much.
Old 09-21-2012, 08:02 AM   #5
solarbabies
Registered Users
Formerly: ja***nes
seller

My Mood:

I would love to hear if she can do it! I love the equinox, but we took one look in it and decided it had way too small of a backseat! I am almost betting that 3 radians would work...or maybe 2 radians and another seat that puzzles well with radian like a britax or the myride. It will be a squeeze though for sure!
Old 09-22-2012, 07:37 PM   #6
greek4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would think if she put the radian ff in the middle that she could get two of the narrower brand infant seats outboard. The radian is very low and narrow and infant bases seem to be narrow then get wider the farther up they go.
Old 10-02-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
smores
Registered Users

I know this is really old (well, 12 days, lol) but I have an 2007 Equinox and it is the same size (The redesign was mostly just "aesthetics")... I doubt I could get 3 seats across. I KNOW I could not get 3 radians across. The anchor points for the LATCH system are kind of close. She needs to go to BRU and try out the seats.

i blog here
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 02:45 PM   #8
Layney82
Registered Users
seller

I have a 2012 Equinox and was able to install a Radian in the centre and a Boulevard in the outboard position. They just fit, but they did fit. 3 radians would definitely fit. Unfortunately, the centre position is not compatible with installing a radian rfing. There is hard plastic in the 'bite' of the seat and the plastic feet of the radian base slide easily across it.

Additionally, if three carseats are installed, they all have to be seatbelt installations as per the manual (I'm in Canada too, so it should be the same.)

ETA: We just bought the car 2 months ago, and picked it because the back seat was so big. We narrowed it down to the Traverse and the Equinox and, while the Traverse has more width, the Equinox had more room between the front and back seats so that the radians fit rfing without the angle adjuster, with the front seats back as far as they go.

Last edited by Layney82; 10-05-2012 at 02:47 PM.
Layney82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #9
canadianbakers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I've heard that the BabyTrend infant seats are really narrow, and I know we have them up here now. Maybe the Radian in the middle with one of those on either side?
canadianbakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2012, 04:22 PM   #10
TheGreenBee
Registered Users

My Mood:
Perfect. The flex lock did come to mind. I'll let her know