Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 06:21 AM   #31
DalesWidda
Registered Users
Formerly: savmaralamommy
seller

My Mood:
Re: How long did you RF your kiddos?

My oldest was one when I turned her. Didn't know any better. Middle dd was only about one and a half. Still didn't know better. Youngest rearfaced until a tad past three. She could go to 40 but she is just about there so........ yeah, she's a chunk

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 AM   #32
jennym91005
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son was 22.5 mo when her out grew his seat rf. My daughter is 2 yr 3 mo and still rf. She's about 30 lbs now, and the complete air she uses rf till 40 lbs. I don't see her out growing it by height, that thing is tall
Old 09-27-2012, 08:15 AM   #33
Erinne
Registered Users

I'm so jealous of all of you with your small kids! My dd just turned 3 and is about to outgrow her MyRide by height, and she's 33lbs. I think we're going to get a Graco Size4me to try to keep her rear-facing longer. I'd love to go to 5 if we could, but it seems like 4 is a more realistic goal.
Old 09-27-2012, 01:45 PM   #34
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Until we reach the max. DS is 28 months and is no where near the weight limit. People say stuff all the time "what about their legs" I always say 'what about their necks' lol

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 06:32 PM   #35
nohollyhomaker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD was 4.5 when I turned her around. DS is about to turn 4 and still rear facing but will need to get another seat soon because he is getting close to the height limit. My youngest is also still rear facing at 2 but she is a tiny peanut so she will probably be rear facing for a while too.

Last edited by nohollyhomaker; 09-30-2012 at 11:17 AM.
nohollyhomaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:16 PM   #36
Shaunam
Registered Users

It sounds like they think he doesn't "know better" and keeps him rear-facing because he's lazy and doesn't feel like reinstalling the seat or something. Teach him this sentence..."Well NHTSA now recommends rear-facing until age 4, or until they no longer fit by height and weight...maybe you should look into that!". Clear, simple, and lets the women know he's done his research and THEY are the ones who don't know better, not him.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:43 PM   #37
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke789 View Post
My twins are 2yr3months. No end in sight. DH is always saying he wants to keep them RFing to 45lbs since we bought the seats for that...but that would probably be like 7 or 8 for them.
That would have been ds1 had we known about erf. Although he was a big baby he slowed down dramatically once he hit 12 months. He didn't hit 45lbs until he was 7 years of age.

DD was turned at 7 months. The infant seat we had only went to 20lbs. Now 13 years old
DS1 was turned at 9 months. Again the infant seat we had only went to 20lbs. Now 9 years old.
The car we had then was very difficult fitting anything rearfacing and the carseats we bought didn't fit rearfacing. We had a 2 door car with minimal backseat space at the time.

DS2 we discovered the benefits of erf. We used tax money and splurged on a Radian. He will erf until he outgrows his radian either by height or weight. He is currently 15 months old and 26lbs when dressed. He is however short so I don't think the height issue some have with the Radians will be an issue for us.
qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 PM   #38
Ashlovespat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
I have 4 kids all RF, 4yo twins, 2yo and almost 2. My 3 are all peanuts, one of the twins still RF in a scenera! But come about 4.5 I think we will get them combos and pass the other twins' radian down to the baby to ERF in, the 2yo is already in a radian too, as she's much bigger built than mine. Lol
Old 09-28-2012, 12:01 PM   #39
Addisynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I turned my daughter around right after her first birthday and I regret it! I plan on keeping my son ERF until he is AT LEAST 2!
Addisynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 03:33 PM   #40
swismiself
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My son was 3.5 and 35 or 36 pounds, and I was tired of him complaining about his boy parts . He's nearly 4.5 and now asking to remove the 5pt harness. At nearly 44in tall and 40 pounds, I *could*...

...but I'm not going to, even though I know he'd be so much more comfortable. We survived a 3400 round trip drive in the 5pt, so I figure he's a while to go. He's on the second highest slot.
swismiself is offline   Reply With Quote