Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:19 AM   #11
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

How fun Jen. You are famous now!

So the mediation turned out as I expected. I busted my *** to get there on time, and we had to wait more than half an hour to be seen. He initially was without a lawyer, but then we saw a lawyer come in and sit next to us in the waiting area, going over a case folder, then get up and call out landlord's name looking for him. So his lawyer sent a sub who never looked at the evidence (that they know about) until this morning. This is worse than showing up without a lawyer, she was not going to recommend him to do anything since he's not her real client, just be the benchwarmer at the mediation. Go into mediation, we get to go first and amend our original complaint to charges he cannot refute since we are now out of small claims court and into real trial territory, and it blows up his brain because he can't understand it, and the sub lawyer sees she's been sideswiped. He tries to claim we neglected and damaged the property beyond wear and tear, infers he has proof, and it matters not because all our new claims renders his opinion of what wear and tear is moot because he has no right to collect or retain a deposit at all. Booyah! So his lawyer obviously is not going to tell him to try to settle, this is a whole nuther thing and he's not her real client, so she has to kick it back to court. But it will take weeks for that to come to fruition, so we are still out the money until then.

My only concern is now, since we have proven he has falsified documents and not followed state law and what is in the contract, he is not beyond falsifying damages he did to the house. After we moved out, but before our lease was up, we noticed some damage under the bay window that was not there before. We took a picture of it, just in case he decided to make it more than it was, but now I need to go back and find some random snapshot to prove it wasn't there. And how can I prove damage I didn't make if I don't know what it is? Again, it should all be moot since he can't collect the deposit anyway, but I suppose he could always file a new suit of damages or something.

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 AM   #12
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

That is annoying Cheryl. what a canoe!
Ru it is good to see you around!
I went with SIL to take her dog to get snipped, Lydia played with the herd of Jack Russell terriers that the vet "breeds" (apparently no one else wants them either, as she has about 8 ) and we stopped at a yummy bakery in Benson on the way home. Then I did Lydia's hair for picture day, cleaned the front hall, counters, vacuumed and did dishes. Then SIL took Lydia to school for me and the Schwan's man came SO I have ice cream and donuts....no kids. Anyone want to come to my party? Oh yeah, I just said I was going to eat better. Anywho, lots of stuff left to do today. I need to meal plan, change the cat box, do some laundry, clean more, make a grocery list and drive to Morris to shop and pick up my CSA box. Living the dream here.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #13
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG...we got MH's first ever school pictures, too darn cute.

http://www.kenbrownorder.com/login_shoot

shoot key BYBLVR22

if you want to see them
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #14
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Those are so adorable! But I have to ask, aren't owls no-no's? Or isn't that an owl on her shirt?

Old 09-25-2012, 11:08 AM   #15
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jerry picked it out, I said that is owls and he said aww who cares is it cute!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:13 AM   #16
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG that pic is adorable! My kids have the frozen fake smile for school pics. And Rosie nearly gave me a heart attack this morning, when I mentioned she needed a bang trim - she said she could do it herself. Um, NO! Not right before Picture Day. I told her I would ground her for a month if she cut her own hair before Picture Day. We do not need a repeat of the Mullet Incident.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #17
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jess, I would go to your ice cream and donut no kids party. If it makes you feel any better, my priority now every Tuesday and Thursday is no matter what else I have to do, I take a hot bath with extras while the kids are gone. And as evidenced in photographs I do eat chocolate in the tub.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:16 AM   #18
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a good photographer, he was a bit obnoxious but he was good.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:18 AM   #19
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jen I LOVE owls. But was just curious.
I am supposedly meal planning but that has spiraled from browsing pinterest to chatting with a friend on fb to realizing there was a new 31 catalog out now to chatting with you ladies.
Bella is the only one that cuts hair with scissors. Be sure to add in : Don't cut ANYONE'S hair. She gave Mari a trim one day, because I hadn't clarified that point.

Old 09-25-2012, 11:19 AM   #20
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am seriously considering going to one of those dinner prep places for October's menu. I did it the last two PG's in the last trimester, so I could go in and make 10 frozen dinners in an hour and not mess up my kitchen. But it was considerably less expensive than what they charge up here. So I am on the fence. I know I can make a lot of the items for cheaper, but with the rising price of food and gas, and the value of my time and sanity, it may not be worth trying to duplicate the same things at home. IDK.

Linky: http://www.chopshopkitchens.com/

The mom's group in my church is going as a group next month, but they are going at a time I can't go. I'd go in a heartbeat for the benefits plus mom group time, but I having trouble justifying $25 entrees, which if I am doing the math right is what it is.