Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 11:20 AM   #21
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Basically it's Tuesday

Jess, you just drove terror into my heart. That is the kind of stuff my kids do as well.

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 11:38 AM   #22
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I knew what you meant Jess. I chose the outfit that morning so I obviously love the owls
jwjbbrown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:42 AM   #23
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

MH is somehow convinced that only Christine (who colored her hair) or my sister Mary can cut her hair. I am super happy about her misconceptions!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:53 AM   #24
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Cheryl that looks like a rip off. And the meals didn't look like stuff the kids (or I) would eat....I went to one when I was PG with Bella ... cuz I was SO busy and it was good, but I have found a frozen meal in the freezer doesn't do me much good when I forget to thaw it. Or plug in the crockpot. Or start the meal in the crockpot. I do better with a meal plan and knowing what day I am cooking what ahead of time. My biggest problem right now is chores and dinners coinciding but not being at the same time every day....just whenever SIL shows up. And who knows when DH gets home. Last night it was 10. Somedays it is 4. pffft. Anyways quick, easy meals that don't take long to assemble and everyone will eat are what works best for me. I need to find more "hotdish" recipes that I can just put in the CP.

"Oh, dear. I really ought to do something. But I am all ready in my pajamas."
redgirlsmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 12:00 PM   #25
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I think I am just largely burnt out on the current meal rotation and how picky everyone is. I was thinking of just doing the 6 meal package so we could have one new meal a week. But IDK, like you said for them to be profitable, they have to have items on the menu that are cheaper to make and that kids may not like. I used to do homemade versions of this, but I have not managed to get back into the habit of doing 5-10 beef frozen entrees one weekend, then 5-10 chicken ones another weekend, etc. I guess what I really want is a Dinner Fairy.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:07 PM   #26
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you looked at this website? They just started charging for the shopping lists and databases, but the recipes are still free along with cooking directions.
http://onceamonthmom.com/
Maybe if some of us linked meals that are easy family friendly things you could fit them into your meal plan? We did this last night, next time I will try the taco braid instead for the kids...we liked the fajitas though (and I did homemade pizza crust but with the dough it is even easier http://www.life-as-a-lofthouse.blogs...ta-braid.html#
This sounds super weird, but is easy and filling. It is DH's favorite thing that I make. http://www.kraftrecipes.com/recipes/...er-107265.aspx

Old 09-25-2012, 12:18 PM   #27
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Oh and I feel you on cooking for three kids and their father... Lydia loves soup, will eat most veggies, but hates fruit...Mari loves fruit, but nothing spicy...not many veggies unless hidden and especially not potatoes. Bella goes in spurts of no cheese or bread...and will sit sullenly hunched over pushing her last week's favorite food around with her fork randomly. And DH likes to play back seat chef and offer suggestions about what would make my recipes better. So I need to make bland spicy food with no fruits, vegetables, bread or cheese. I'm on it.

Old 09-25-2012, 12:23 PM   #28
jwjbbrown
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Jerry will eat anything...especially of he can add salsa or hot sauce.

MH eats many veggies and most fruit. For me lately it is finding the damn time and energy to cook. Tonight there is a beef stew in the cockpot when we get home.
Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #29
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by redgirlsmama View Post
So I need to make bland spicy food with no fruits, vegetables, bread or cheese. I'm on it.

Mostly *I* am sick of the limited foods they will eat. They don't like casseroles or one-pot type meals (but *I* do and DH does, and we don't always eat together). They don't want sauces on stuff, they don't like spicy. Ian won't eat peas, Ginger doesn't like cheese, etc. They all eat so freaking slow that if it's something like baked fish or a meat cut, it will dry out and be hard to chew by the time they get halfway through it. Sigh.

This is what I have in my freezer now. The Meat Sale Gods have been kind to me this month:
three pork loins
tons of ground chuck and sirloin
tons of italian sausage
one whole chicken
maybe a 1/3 of a bag of chicken boobs from Costco
Costco meatballs
Costco fishsticks and breaded tilapia
Some nice thick boneless pork chops
a package of little smokies

None of it prepped for a entree, just frozen raw in quantities conducive to a meal (like a pound of meat or sausage, 2.5 pound cuts of pork loin, etc).
Old 09-25-2012, 12:31 PM   #30
redgirlsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You have a cockpot? Hmmmmm