Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 09:54 AM   #11
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How did your body change after having a baby?

When I got pg with dd1 my asthma disappeared and my fall allergies becames very very mild. My migraines all but disappeared as well - caffinated coffee was the only thing that triggered a migraine.

After having her my hips were significantly wider so even though I lost all the weight plus 10 lbs I never could fit prepregnancy pants again.

Things stayed the same with dd2. Then I got pg with ds. With ds I developed terrible spring allergies. My migraines have returned - not as bad as before but triggered by more than coffee (which ironically is no longer a trigger). My feet grew 1/2 a size with him as well. And my pregnancy fingers have yet to go away 3 yrs later - I drop stuff all the time. I have thyroid issues as well now but I can't blame ds for that - I have had hashimotos for years so developing hypothyroidism was bound to happen.

I always joke I'd have another baby if I could guarentee a girl to improve my health again.

Advertisement

Last edited by Rhianna'sMommy; 09-25-2012 at 09:56 AM.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:23 AM   #12
danielle
Registered Users
Formerly: danner
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh let me count the ways.

My feet went from a size 11 to a 12, I developed rosacea (managed by less gluten intake), my breasts are no longer perky (I'm still bf though), my libido slowed down a bit, and I have a tummy where I was previously flat. Plus, I can no longer tolerate alcohol well and my bladder needs to be emptied more quickly nowadays because I find myself unable to hold it for long. Sigh. I'm also pushing 40, so some of it may have to do with age as well.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:28 AM   #13
jackyl08
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

My feet are bigger and my sense of smell is not as strong. Before pregnancy, it was bad. I would/could smell anything really strongly. Irritated DH to no end. Now, it's just normal.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #14
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

My feet are a whole size bigger. My acne cleared up almost completely. My hair is still fine and thin after pp shedding but it's got more body to it, not so limp. My abdominal muscles are still a half finger width separated.

I'm still + 10-12 preggo pounds at 4 1/2 months which is what it is but I have extra skin around my middle that I am nervous will not go away. had a huge 2 week overdue babe so needed lots of skin to cover him up....... I am not surprised by it, but it's a big change from my previously flat tummy.
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #15
smores
Registered Users

I have so many more allergies. I just got a new one this week. So far, in the past 12 months, I have become allergic to avocado, bananas, peanuts and eggs.

I am considering getting pregnant again sooner to see if my body chemistry would change some of these things, but then, what if they get worse? I'm to the point where I want to cry, because everything was still pretty normal until the egg allergy developed. Eggs are in EVERYTHING.

i blog here
smores is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:41 AM   #16
joyous
Registered Users
Formerly: erika375
seller
seller

My ears have become so sensitive. I can't wear earrings anymore without them itching and burning. This never happened to me before.

I think my feet are about a half size bigger. And I've always had curly hair but now the curls aren't as tight. They straightened out a bit
Old 09-25-2012, 10:45 AM   #17
Kiliki
Registered Users
Formerly: kr***y
seller

My boobs went from perky and firm to floppy hanging bags of skin. They didn't grow at all. They're still tiny. Just now they hang, instead of stick out. I HATE them.

My hips, thighs, and butt are all a LOT wider.

My awesome, toned, sexy chiseled abs have melted and I have a soft, but relatively flat, jiggly belly.

and, I have smile lines now.
Kiliki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:53 AM   #18
mibarra
Registered Users
seller

I jokingly refer to my bewbs as 'deflated milk ballons'. . My stomach muscles won't tighten back up very well...
mibarra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:00 AM   #19
Doodlebrainette
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I believe pregnancy triggered a fairly dormant gluten and dairy allergy. I had mild problems that we can trace back to my teenage years, but after my pregnanices, I can't have either any more. Even trace amounts will cause me to react and I get very sick if I eat them. I have oilier hair and skin. I'm generally "fwoppier" (as I wryly call it) than I used to be in certain stretched out areas. And chin hair....lots of it. UGH!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:02 AM   #20
jac1976
Registered Users
seller

AF went to hell! I have always had weird, long cycles when not on birth control, but after 2 kids, my body went crazy! Even while on the pill, I would bleed heavily for 15 days a month, bending over in pain, passing clots, etc. There was no obvious cause- my doc said sometime hormones just change the body after pregnancy. Since we couldn't get it under control via hormones, I ended up having a procedure to freeze my uterus and destroy the lining. Now I'm back to having what most women call a "normal" AF.