Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:23 AM   #21
mommy2eli
Registered Users
seller

Re: Was this pregnancy a "surprise"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MommaLEB View Post
Out of curiosity, did you have Mirena or Paraguard?
I had Mirena. I never had any issues with it and plan to get another one after this baby is born.

Advertisement

mommy2eli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:45 AM   #22
mamato2boyz
Formerly lyndibri
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ms.Kaun
Sort of. I never expected to get pregnant so easily or soon after my 2nd m/c this year and I thought it would be a fight. We had decided to NTNP until we found out what was up but everything seemed to work out once I let go. So in a way, yes. I was shocked to see that second line. lol
This is me almost exactly except I had only 1 prior miscarriage and I didn't POAS. I had gone to my family DR and they did some bloodwork that included and HCG and well, turned out I was pregnant. So, yep, surprised even though we had been trying for a year before.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forumh
Old 09-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #23
ChloeNAydensmom
Registered Users
Formerly: AydenN2Angel+1
seller

My Mood:

Hey mamas! This was beyond a surprise to us as we were done having children ! I have PCOS and generally have to take medication (metformin) to straighten out my body/hormones to get pregnant. The medication also helps with my weight issues (not really huge per say but much bigger than my *norm* use to be) but I purposely didn't take the medication because it also makes me fertile and lost weight with some other awesome natural products. (and then my Dr tells me losing weight can make me more fertile too SMH LOL) My 4 yr old daughter actually said something about *the baby in my belly* a week or two before I would even find out! And then shortly after that I had a dream where my old personal trainer was insisting to my husband that I was pregnant and eating healthy for a reason. Move on to missed period and there ya have it!

This isn't a definite right now because I run the risk of blighted ovums when I'm not on my metformin. I started taking it the day I got my first +HPT. If this one makes it my EDD for right now is 5/16/13 although I'm waiting on an u/s to make sure baby is growing and get a better estimate of due date.
Old 09-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #24
MommaLEB
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I loved my Mirena too, but I'm getting Essure or ligation after this one. I can't deal with HG again.

MommaLEB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:42 PM   #25
araujowifeandmommy
Registered Users

I am in sort of the same boat as Mindy. When we got married we started trying right away after 6 months of clomid and IUI's and shots and everything else we gave up and when he got back from a deployment we got pregnant that month. DD is now 3.5 and when she was a few months old I was told I had pretty bad endo and wouldn't be having any more children. When I was 18 I was diagnosed with PCOS so after the second bout of news I was crushed. Fast forward a bit over 2 years and my endo was really bothering me so my dr tried a hormone therapy thing 2 months into it I found out I was pg with DS#2 ... my sweet little man was born at the end of March this year ...

Right around the time I was "supposed" to o I started having prepgnancy dreams every night after almost 2 weeks I was just beside myself because of them and took a test left it lying on the counter for almost 12 hrs and then when I finally remembered to look at it i had a + staring back at me. So not olny was my last baby a huge surprise but for us to have gotten pg this time with no meds what so ever ... im always forgetting my metformin ... no hormone treatments and DS#2 only being 5 months when it happened we are just in another world right now. Super happy though ... dh says itll be our last but Im not so sure about that.
araujowifeandmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 11:11 PM   #26
Karenact
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was completely surprised. NFP worked well for us for a long time nearly 3 1/2 years but with the recent loss of my mom and taking care of her in the end stages of lymphoma, I believe that stress messed up my cycle and I conceived baby number 5. I am very excited but my husband is a little nervous and still needs time to let this settle in before we go telling others. I was not planning on another child but obviously God had other plans for us! Cautiously excited...
Karen
Old 10-01-2012, 03:06 PM   #27
kbjohnsonfam
Registered Users
seller

We just decided to wait another year before trying for another... i was pregnant and nursing 2 babes back to back without even a cycle in between, so I really wanted a break. I was clear of nursing for all of 3.5 weeks

So I guess between selling our house, down sizing, moving to a condo (all good things for our family btw) the stress threw off my o symptoms. I just started back at the gym and said, babe, I want a whole year of my body to myself! and a week later I threw up at Costco! I knew immediately after throwing up. Dollar store test on the way home, and we are due in May!!

so much for waiting a year
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #28
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Most definitely! We been NTNP since my DD was born (08/06), but I had also been in school until the past December when I graduated. I think the stress of going to school, having my DH work 3 hours away, dealing with a bi-polar step-son, and trying to raise a family...it totally messed with my cycles. I only took a pregnancy test to satisfy my DH...he was sure that I was pregnant. I just hate the fact that he was right, LOL

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2012, 06:57 PM   #29
MomToJazmyne
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Double Post

J (8/15/06) and L (4/25/13)
MomToJazmyne is offline   Reply With Quote