Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-07-2012, 10:06 AM   #1
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

tail bone injury

Last night we took the kids to play at an indoor inflatable jump house. They also have slides. We went the weekend before and had a lot of fun. I went on them with the kids. So yesterday I went on one with DD and came flying down the slide and landed full force on the concrete floor. They were not that slippery the weekend before. I asked the worker why and he said they had been cleaned that day. I'm in so much pain. From what I've read on Dr Google there isn't much the Dr can do. I don't know how I'm going to work this week. I can't even get out of bed.

Advertisement

jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:11 AM   #2
Cathypie
Registered Users
seller

Oh mama, I'm sorry. I injured my tailbone delivering DD1. It still hurts if I sit too long. Try some Aleve and cold compresses too reduce the swelling. A doughnut cushion may help some too. Ugh. I hope yours heals better than mine.

Look out for autocorrect!
Old 10-07-2012, 10:14 AM   #3
VinhThiMom
Vinh Thi Designs
Formerly: chrisnsteph1022
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: tail bone injury

I get random tailbone pain off and on (likely due to arthritis). I use one of these:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS.../chrisficti-20

VinhThiMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 10:43 AM   #4
Miss squish
Registered Users
seller

I had a serious tailbone injury from snowboarding two seasons ago. Ski patrol had to help me off tne hill and after a very embarrassing cursory examination was told it was likely fractured. I didn't want to pay for X-rays to confirm it considering there's nothing to be done for the injury except wait for it to heal. I had some stiffness in my back even up to my neck for a few days from the impact. I took a lot of ibuprofen, sat on a hemmarhoid pillow to take pressure off. I'm going to say the most severe pain lasted about 10 days. It really hurt to sit and walking was uncomfortable but not horrible. Sitting was uncomfortable for a couple lf months unfortunately. the pillow helped lots, especially in the car. my coworkers had a field day with me carrying my hemmarhoid pillow around, even to meetings out in the community

If you don't have a huge co pay I would say it might not hurt to get checked out just to be sure.

I hope you heal up quick! What a PITA ( sorry i couldnt help it )
Old 10-07-2012, 11:08 AM   #5
SaraElise
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I broke my tailbone when delivering my first, there isn't really much you can do (except surgery to remove it in really extreme cases) and over time it just "heals" on it's own.

It's been 6 years since I broke it and it only bothers me when I sit or stand for really long periods of time. It took over a year to get to that point though. It took a few weeks before walking on my own wasn't painful, and a several months before I could really sit on it without extreme pain.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:53 AM   #6
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I broke my tailbone my senior year of hs..so 2004, I still to this day have problems. X-rays show its like a kick stand lol. Chiro does help, I actually went to pt for it, had ultrasounds done on it and pain killers. My doctor was willing to go in and kill the nerves around it or just remove the bone entirely. I was afraid and just dealt with the pain. I dealt with it for 4 years before I found a chiro I trusted enough to not hurt me worse than I already was. Her technique is gentle which I liked. Not just wham BAM thank you ma'am. I would say it isn't 100% better but close to 95% better and I'm pregnant which is usually when it acts up the worst.

I'm so sorry you got hurt!! Also, sitting on a chair that you don't have to get up out of helps, try a higher chair. The strain of the muscles and nerves hurts worse when getting up. They will give you a donut to sit on that helps but it still hurts to get up. I recommend a chiro to get it back in place. Also, have your SO reach down there and apply pressure to it, push it towards the floor. It will probably feel like a spring board and will hurt but he can lightly maneuver it somewhat back into place.

**not so patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 11:54 AM   #7
jbug_4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bruised mine on the bottom of a pool. Jumped in doing a cannon ball, bottom first. I was too shallow (smart me) and the water didn't slow me down at all. That really, really hurts. I was still in high school and had to sit in those hard desks all day. Ibuprofen should help some and you can take tylenol and ibu together just right down your dosing info so yo don't goof and take the same one twice or take them at the wrong intervals. And get a donut pillow. You could probably roll towels to make one, you just really want to keep the pressure of your tail bone. I have injured myself A LOT, and I have to say that was one of the most painful.
Old 10-07-2012, 12:27 PM   #8
jaelynsmommy61607
Registered Users
seller
seller

Oh man those all sound painful! Io hope it isn't that bad. I have a $150 er co pay and I haven't met my deductible yet so I'm trying to wait until tomorrow when I can get into my reg Dr. I drive 45 min-1 hr each way to and from work. I think that's going to kill me. Then I work as a cashier/stocker. Bending over hurts the most. Sitting isn't bad on the couch until its time to get up.
jaelynsmommy61607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:32 PM   #9
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Honestly I'd bet you broke it. Straight on concrete? Yeah, OUCH!

**not so patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2012, 12:55 PM   #10
P!nkPepper

Formerly Q......9
seller
seller

My Mood:
I broke mine twice. First time I fell on my driveway attempting to skate after 15 years being off skates. I had x-rays & was given Percocet. That was all. This past June I fell down the stairs on my bottom. It hurt so badly I could barely move. That time I just used Tylenol. Didn't bother with the ER.

OP, I hope you feel better soon.

Jodie ~ wife & mama
P!nkPepper is offline   Reply With Quote