Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:04 AM   #1
silvaheyes
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
What kind of feedback? (ebay)

I bought a bed set from Ebay. It's a print they no longer make and I thought it was cute. So it's kind of hard to find and when I saw it I snagged it. On the listing it said: "This set has been in a non smoking home and used very little. Was an extra set for my daughter. No stains or rips or tears. Cleaned professionally and was in storage in a seal bag."

They shipped it out really fast and within a couple of days of winning I had it. I opened the box and took out the sheet set. They had animal hair on all the items, not a huge deal since we have pets too and can wash it. Both sheets had multiple holes and one had about a 3 inch tear in it. One also had a blood stain on it. I opened the pillow case and there were blood stains/splatters on it. After that I was done.. I looked over the quilt and found one hole in it too but at this point I was disgusted and didn't even want it. I wrote the seller a message through ebay and here is how it played out:

Me: "I received the bed set this afternoon. While I love it the listing specifically said "No stains or rips or tears.". I took the sheets out of the bag and already found one tear without closely inspecting it yet. I can see another tear on the quilt and I haven't even taken it out of the bag yet." (I had no response from him at all that evening/night so I also opened a claim on ebay)

Him: "Just send it back cheap way mail. I will refund the amount of the auction and half the s&h to you once i receive it back. I very sorry about that I must have missed it. I will ask for positive feedback as will do the same for you. Thanks"

Me: "I'd love to send it back but I will not be doing so on my dime. I'm not going to lose money over this deal because you chose to ship out a product that was not accurately described. I have opened a claim through ebay. My feedback will reflect how you handle this situation, as it should."

Him: "I pride myself on taking care of my customers and positive feedback so to handle this right I will refund the whole amount you paid. I would like the sheets and comforter sent back Parcel post USPS shipped in the same box it was sent to you. Once you have the cost of the USPS PARCEL POST! ONLY send me a total and I will send you the total back in one lump sum through paypal including the cost of shipping back to me and for what you paid for the auction and S&H to get it to you. I will ask for positive feedback as I will fully handle this so you are not out anything. Please do this tomorrow and I will make sure the refund will be issued by end of day tomorrow. Thanks - Again I am sorry for my oversight on the minor tears."

Then I sent him the total for the shipping. He refunded but it hasn't cleared yet so I am waiting to mail the stuff back until it has. He also refunded for the shipping costs but the way he sent it took fees out so I am minus 80 cents the cost of shipping it back to him which I'm not thrilled with.

On the paypal refund he wrote: "Ref: Ebay auction, This is funds to cover the S&H of auction item ****** to be returned back to seller to complete a full return. Positive feedback would be appreciated by buyer as seller followed through with full refund of item."

I feel like he is trying to bribe or sway me constantly to leave him positive feedback. I'm thinking neutral at best and only because he did refund me in full.

Advertisement

Old 09-25-2012, 10:27 AM   #2
ChihuahuaMama13
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: What kind of feedback? (ebay)

As disgusting as the item sounds, I would leave positive if he did give you a full refund AND refunded your shipping. Make sure to note, "Item not at all as described, but seller issued complete refund."
Old 09-25-2012, 10:46 AM   #3
s@hmommy
Registered Users
seller
seller

He is going beyond what pp would require of him to correct the situation. He deserves positive feedback, even though it does sound absolutely nasty!
s@hmommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #4
2+2macht4
Super Moderator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Location: In a quaint village smack in the middle of the black forest.

I agree even with an ebay orpaypal dispute he did not have to pay return shipping he could have been snarky and said forget it lady.Fully deserves positive, leave any notes as a comment to the feedback
Old 09-25-2012, 10:54 AM   #5
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

I would rate positive because overall it was but note condition not as described.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:58 AM   #6
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Ditto - I would note that the item was not received as described. Blood stains are difficult to miss, IMO.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

What if he sent you the wrong one by mistake - not the back up one for his daughter, rarely used etc.

I don't really like the tone of his message and the constant remarks about the fb, but I also don't like that you immediately went to opening a claim to be honest? He was all for fixing the mistake, so I think you kinda got him on the offensive with your message back. IMO he should cover the entire amount of return shipping and not the half that he initially offered, so I would have responded the same as you, that you should not be out the shipping because of his mistake.

I know you said you opened the claim as he didn't respond that evening/night, but I would have given him longer to respond.

I agree with pp saying item not as described or problem with item, but seller made it right would be appropriate.
Old 09-27-2012, 07:50 PM   #8
Leanbh
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh, but my response as a seller would have been....OMG...I'm so sorry!!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:09 PM   #9
ajane
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Feedback is very important for sellers and I understand where he is coming from on that end. While his tone may not be what it should, it is what it is and he is doing he should and maybe more. He seems to be responding quickly and doing what he can to make sure it ends up to be a positive outcome for you.

He does deserve positive feedback....for sure.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:37 PM   #10
Alaga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Honestly, I agree with the neutral. Yes, he has handled the return fine (although should be more apologetic, IMO), but now you've had to spend your time shipping the set back b/c he inaccurately described it. And just the condition it sounds like the set was in, .

I think the text given by others would do (item not as described, issued full refund), but the neutral is important so other buyers know something was amiss with the transaction.

This is coming from someone who doesn't sell on EBay (I only buy), so getting this kind of feedback is important to me.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum

Alaga
Mama to DD "A" 2/23/2010 and DS "L" 4/25/2012
Alaga is offline   Reply With Quote