Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 10-25-2012, 12:46 PM   #11
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: 4 month old showing ready signs?

Personally, I don't believe ANY 4 month old is ready. Babies grab, babies look at food, and babies might be able to swallow solids, but the fact of the matter is that their digestive system is not made for solids at such a young age. I would wait until at least 6 months AND sitting well on their own.

K&K My little firecracker Lennon 10.09, crying before he fully emerged and My little sweetheart Indi 6.12, born smiling
bigmamakelsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
Registered Users
Re: 4 month old showing ready signs?

I waited with my first until about 5 months and even then it was very small amounts of organic rice cereal with bm once a day. Then small amounts of puree veggies, introducing a new one each week. But she really didn't show a strong intrest until between 7-9 months.
Do what you feel is right for you.
ccbean99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 PM   #13
Registered Users
When they start watching you eat and paying attention to your food and eating. Until then, don't force it
Winehouse27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 09:29 PM   #14
Registered Users
My Mood:
Originally Posted by cassie.sattler
well owen just turned four months 3 days ago. i thought i would ebf until 6 months like recommended then attempt blw. he has at least doubled in weight since birth. he seems really interested when people eat. he isnt drooling so much and holds his head up well. he doesnt sit on his own yet. i was curious one day to see if he liked my green smoothie i made and i gave him a pea size amount. he didnt thrust it back out. i dont want to rush anything but it makes me wonder is he is ready :/

Just give him a spoon and a dish to play with at mealtimes. EBF is still best as long as possible, and most kids don't really "eat" until a year or later. Sure, you can give them foods and they'll suck on them and practice chewing, but they don't really want to eat, they want to copy you. The more breast milk the better, don't rush solids when there's no nutritional reason.
Wife to my best friend , SAHM to DD1 (4/15/10) and DD2 (5/16/13)
Leiiki is offline   Reply With Quote