Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 10:58 AM   #1
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Introducing William Paul

After having 2 false labor episodes, one at 36 weeks 3 days and a second at 37 weeks 2 days (in which I actually went into L&D for), I wasn't sure this was it! The evening of Wednesday October 17, I noticed some contractions. They weren't painful at that point, but they were regular. I decided to break out my breast pump and see if my new tubing was working and maybe have a little nipple stimulation and keep the contractions going. I'm not sure if it did anything, but I figured it was worth a shot. All that evening, I didn't sleep very well and was up a lot. By 4:45 a.m., I gave up on sleeping and went out in the living room to watch a little TV. Around 8:00 a.m., I noticed they were getting stronger and more painful, so I hopped in the shower for a little relief. They weren't slowing down and sitting on the couch was super uncomfortable, so I laid in bed. Around 10:18 a.m., I texted my DH and let him know I wanted to go to the hospital. He was at his volunteer FD down the street, so he came right home and we finished getting the girls ready for school, finished packing my bag and headed up to their school to drop them off.

Got to L&D around noon. Got hooked up to the monitors and checked, where I was at 2cm and 70% effaced. The nurse caught my OB as she was leaving a birth and updated her on my situation. She had me start walking the halls to see if gravity would do it's thing. While walking the halls, I ran into my OB and when she saw me, she said "Oh I didn't know it was you they were talking about! We're going to go ahead and get you admitted and your water broke and get this show on the road!". I could have kissed her right there because at that point, I was just so so tired! While waiting for a room to open up, I walked a little bit more and laid down. I finally got into my room around 2:00 p.m. I was checked again and still 2cm at that point. My OB also broke my water. At first, no water was really coming out and it appeared clear, so we all let out a little cheer, since both my girls had meconium in their water. That relief was short lived, about 20-25 minutes later my water came gushing out and it was indeed full of meconium. They actually think I may have had undiagnosed polyhydramnios (or excess fluid) because I went through about 15 chuck pads in about 2 hours, lol!

By 4:00 p.m., I was in so much pain and begging for my epidural. I was checked and only a tight 3, but because I had a LEEP 2 years ago, my cervix had some scar tissue that I needed to break through so I could dilate more, so they let me go ahead and get the epidural. The anesthesiologist came in about 4:30 and she became my favorite person. I was able to relax and enjoy labor and let my body do it's job. Sometime around 6:30, I noticed a little bit of pressure and my nurse walked in right after I said to my DH that I think something was going on and I was feeling some pressure. I let the nurse know, so she checked me and I was 10cm, completely effaced and his head was right there. It became a flurry of activity, getting everything set up and the NICU team in to assess William (required for meconium in the waters). I remember my nurse rolling me over to my left side and we had to position my legs in a certain way because I couldn't close them at all, lol! We had to wait for my OB to show up because she had run home really quick to have some dinner, since they thought it would be a while for me and I kept joking that a nurse was going to have to deliver this baby, lol!

Everything got set up and I began pushing at 7:02 p.m. and he was born at 7:04 p.m. Everyone was amazed with my pushing. It was neat, because my epi wasn't too strong, so I could feel some of it (no pain) instead of being completely numb. William was evaluated and was perfect in every way. I've never bonded with my children right away, but as soon as he was out, a flood of love came all over me. I know I was so nervous about him coming and how things would change, but the moment he was born, a wave of relief came over me and I knew that he was the completion of our family and fit right in. We are so in love with him.

His official stats are:
October 18, 2012
6lbs 11oz (my biggest baby by 1oz, lol!)
20.5"

Pics:

And I also had a photographer friend who was wanting to get into photographing births be present and this is a slideshow of his birth (break out the tissues!):
Patty K Photography | Birth Session | William - YouTube

Advertisement

Old 10-22-2012, 11:07 AM   #2
kushie tushie
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Congrats mama
He's beautiful!

Amanda . Blaming my phone for typos and crap.
Amanda- wife to DH. Mama to W (2010), L (2011), H (2013) & expecting #4 Jan 2016
kushie tushie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2012, 11:24 AM   #3
wonton
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Introducing William Paul

He's adorable, such a pretty baby!
Old 10-22-2012, 02:47 PM   #4
Keme
Registered Users

My Mood:

He's so beautiful! Congrats! And what adorable elephant outfit too!
Old 10-23-2012, 07:41 AM   #5
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Aw congrats! He is precious!
Old 10-23-2012, 11:23 AM   #6
my2sweets
Registered Users

My Mood:
He is adorable! Congrats!

Swagbucks. Search. Earn. Redeem. Yep, it's that simple (I've earned $70 in gift cards and counting!).
my2sweets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:47 PM   #7
crunchymamaNY
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Aw, he's so cute! And wow, is that your camera? What do you use? Awesome pics!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:49 AM   #8
*Katherine*
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by crunchymamaNY View Post
Aw, he's so cute! And wow, is that your camera? What do you use? Awesome pics!
It is. I'm a pro photog and use a Nikon D700
Old 10-29-2012, 12:52 PM   #9
justjess
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Adorable!!!! Congrats!
Jessica wife to my sexy soldier SAHM to THE BOSS(9) THE SCIENTIST(8) THE CLOWN(5) THE CRAZY(3) and MISSY MOO(1) and #6 arriving summer 2013!!!
find me on FBmy ISO/IHA
justjess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 01:02 PM   #10
stevensmom
Super Moderator
Squeeze your own darn cheeks
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

love them all ... your friend did an awesome job!
Swag with me! Bing it!
stevensmom is online now   Reply With Quote