Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-25-2012, 10:51 PM   #1
stayinhomewithmy6
Registered Users
Formerly: stayinhomewithmy5
seller

My Mood:
My newborn action shots. PIC HEAVY!

Pictures of my newbie in AIOs, trifolded PFs with covers, and a couple fitteds.
DD is almost 7 months old and I'm finally getting around to posting these. I know when I was pregnant, I was addicted to threads like this. I must have spent hours (days? weeks!) looking for pictures of sweet tiny babies in their CD's. I hope that some other mamas will find this useful when wondering how certain diapers will fit a newbie. DD was 6 lbs 12 oz at birth. There are some pictures of her at about 6 1/2 lbs and some of her at about 8 lbs. I will try to remember the details and label each one. You will notice in the 8 lb-er pictures that her cord had fallen off (she was 4 weeks then), so I didn't have to worry about that, but keep it in mind if you are expecting an 8 lb newbie.

XS Bumgenius AIO, 6 1/2 lbs. Fit perfectly, nice & trim. I folded the front down under her umbilical cord. My favorite, so glad I had a huge stash of these!

Swaddlebees Simplex Newborn, 6 1/2 lbs. Way too big. They started to fit her later, maybe around 9 lbs. I did like them once they started to fit. I think they would be great for bigger newborns because of the umbilical cord snap-down, which was completely useless for us because her cord was off by the time they fit.

Thirsties Duo AIO, size 1, 6 1/2 lbs. I was quite impressed with this fit, not bad at all! It leaked through the rise snaps, though, which was a bummer.

Sposoeasy, XS, 6 1/2 lbs, front folded down to fit under her cord. Not made anymore, but you can still find them on FSOT sometimes. I didn't like the fit as well as the XS BGs. They fit fine, but not great. I did appreciate that these had 100% cotton inners.

Lil Joey, 8 lbs. Very cute little diaper and the fit was pretty good. For some reason, I just didn't like it, and didn't find myself reaching for it.

Small Bottombumper, 8 lbs. Love, love, loved these after her cord fell off. They started to fit before Peachy Green/Bright Star Baby size 0 (PGs are my all time favorite AIOs), were absorbent enough and also nice and trim.

Size 0 Bright Star Baby (now Peachy Green) AIO, 8 lbs. Almost fits, but not quite.

Thirsties Duo AIO Size 1, 8 lbs. Again, an impressive fit for a diaper with an adjustable rise. I wish I could have loved these, but they almost always leaked out of the rise snaps on the front.

Small Rainshine Designs AIO, 8 lbs. Nice diaper. Absorbent and trim. At this age/size, I liked my Bottombumpers better, though.

XS Sposoeasy, 8 lbs. Good, but not great.

Newborn Cuddlebuns fitted, 8 lbs. Cute little diaper. I don't have a picture, but it fit her good at birth too. It has a 2 step rise, but I wouldn't use it with the rise extended because of exposed snaps.

Preemie Imse Vimse cover over Cuddlebuns fitted, 8 lbs. Nice & trim, loved this cover.

Newborn Bummis Superbrite over Cuddlebuns fitted, 8 lbs. Not a very good fit.

Tinkle Trap Newborn Prefitted, 8 lbs. Newbie fitted perfection, IMO. Wished I had about 2 dozen more of these!

XS Imagine Smartfit Prefold, 8 lbs. Pay no attention to my horrible folding & pinning. I only used these tri-folded, but wanted to show that they do fit this way for the mamas who don't like to tri-fold.

Newborn Bummis Superbrite over trifolded Imagine Smartfit XS PF. Actually a pretty decent fit.

Preemie Imse Vimse over trifolded Imagine Smartfit XS PF, 8 lbs. These were my favorite covers.

XS Thirsties over trifolded Imagine Smartfit XS PF, 8 lbs. These covers are much bigger than both the Imse Vimse & Superbrite covers. The fit was okay at 8 lbs, but they were way too big at birth.

Advertisement

stayinhomewithmy6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:07 PM   #2
laineypaige
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: My newborn action shots. PIC HEAVY!

My youngest is almost 2 and I'm not expecting another one anytime soon, but I just can't resist newborn cuteness in cloth Thanks for posting!
Old 09-25-2012, 11:09 PM   #3
holocene
Registered Users

She is so precious. I love threads like this.

♡ evah - mama to sam & ari.
holocene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:33 PM   #4
Arizonah13
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Very sweet!! Until approx what size/weight would you say the simplex newborns fit?
Carolyn - Lucky wife to my sweetheart and even luckier mama to my sweet, long-awaited baby girls! (May 2011, my 9.15 lb c/s baby and November 2012, my little 7.10 lb vbac peanut). I'll never forget my three angels.
Arizonah13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:44 PM   #5
savvinest
Registered Users
seller

She is a cutie! This post is very helpful. Thanks so much for sharing, I can't wait to try CD on my newborn when she gets here!

savvinest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 12:05 AM   #6
boysniris
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

she's adorbs!!!

boysniris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:38 AM   #7
jujee
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Super cute! I love these pictures! I can't wait to CD my newborn!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:21 AM   #8
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Cutie!!
Old 09-26-2012, 05:55 AM   #9
mayliz
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
So cute! Thanks for sharing.
mayliz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #10
sleepydaisy
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for posting. Been cloth diapering for a few years, but didn't do a whole lot of NB diapering. Just had a couple and was wondering how some of these would fit. DS1 was 8lb 15 oz and DS2 was 8 lb 6 oz ,so thanks for the bigger pics too. And due in March with #3 and want to cloth diaper from the beginning. :-) Do you remember which of the Imse Vimse covers that is? I don't know really know what the difference is in all of them, or if they fit any differently. Again, love the pics. :-)