Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:05 AM   #11
HeatherlovesCDs
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Jimmy legs!

I'm not anemic and I have severe RLS. I have when I'm not pregnant and it goes INSANE when I am. Mine isn't just at night. It's anytime I sit/lay down after about 3/4pm (sometimes earlier) and it translates into a sensory issue where I can't be touched from the belly button down. (Often even in an intimate way by my husband. ) When my kids want to lay near me, I want to scream and crawl out of my skin. It has put me into tears many times during my pregnancies (and sometimes when not). It's awful and makes me completely miserable. It makes my kids sad too.

I'm past the point where this helps a lot, but there is an over the counter homeopathic remedy for it that works great for everyone I've ever recommended it too. (It helps me some, but not as much as it used to.) I give you a link at the bottom of my response. I've found it at CVS and at Wal-Mart and online and it's only around $5. Totally safe for pregnancy because it's homeopathic.

Another thing is try not to get over-tired. The more tired I am, the worse my RLS is. This is bad for me because I also struggle with insomnia while pregnant and I am a night owl whose kids get up at normal times. I'm always tired.

Here is the link: http://www.restfullegs.com/

Good luck!!

Advertisement

Last edited by HeatherlovesCDs; 09-27-2012 at 09:10 AM.
HeatherlovesCDs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 03:02 PM   #12
brookglen
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs
I'm not anemic and I have severe RLS. I have when I'm not pregnant and it goes INSANE when I am. Mine isn't just at night. It's anytime I sit/lay down after about 3/4pm (sometimes earlier) and it translates into a sensory issue where I can't be touched from the belly button down. (Often even in an intimate way by my husband. ) When my kids want to lay near me, I want to scream and crawl out of my skin. It has put me into tears many times during my pregnancies (and sometimes when not). It's awful and makes me completely miserable. It makes my kids sad too.

I'm past the point where this helps a lot, but there is an over the counter homeopathic remedy for it that works great for everyone I've ever recommended it too. (It helps me some, but not as much as it used to.) I give you a link at the bottom of my response. I've found it at CVS and at Wal-Mart and online and it's only around $5. Totally safe for pregnancy because it's homeopathic.

Another thing is try not to get over-tired. The more tired I am, the worse my RLS is. This is bad for me because I also struggle with insomnia while pregnant and I am a night owl whose kids get up at normal times. I'm always tired.

Good luck!!
Yes! During pregnancy if my husband gets too cuddly when we sleep I go insane. It's not so bad that we can't be intimate, but I definitely need my space at night.
brookglen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:25 PM   #13
sterlids
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeatherlovesCDs View Post

Good luck!!
i'm so sorry . you should definitely ask your doc about requip when you're not pregnant. that is what my mom takes and she gets about 8-9 hours of restful sleep taking that.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:24 PM   #14
Van1300
Registered Users
seller

I have it mildly. I get 'fits' where I feel like kicking everything and can't get comfortable. Usually I make hubby rub my feet and calf muscles and they feel a lot better. A warm bath helps too. I also notice I tap my feet a lot when I sit at the computer, I just noticed it now. I'm 31 weeks pregnant and I take a lot of Tylenol pm to sleep