Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller

My Mood:
Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

Sorry I missed a few days. I will be better

Today is Winter Gear! I know some people aren't into the cold weather yet but for many it is getting cold So go through and purge that unneeded, worn out, or too small stuff!

Advertisement

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller

Done! One bag to goodwill, one bag to my mom's house for my younger brothers! And one organized closet!!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

I need to go through mine too. I'm planning on pulling all the winter gear out of each individual sized tub and labeling one storage tub with winter stuff. I have plenty of hats for the girls, scarves for me, and gloves. Need to get rid of some.

What's realistic? One heavy winter coat, one scarf and one pair of gloves for me? Maybe one coat and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the girls (because you know something is going to get misplaced eventually)? Do I even need a scarf? I live in NC. If I have it I might wear it once or twice. But if I didn't have it... I probably would never miss it right?
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
What's realistic? One heavy winter coat, one scarf and one pair of gloves for me? Maybe one coat and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the girls (because you know something is going to get misplaced eventually)? Do I even need a scarf? I live in NC. If I have it I might wear it once or twice. But if I didn't have it... I probably would never miss it right?
When we lived in Texas, that is what we did, exactly those numbers. And my kids were close to age in yours at that time. And honestly I never needed a scarf in Texas.

Now we live in Michigan, so I have the rule of twos for almost everything for the kids because snow=stuff is often wet when you need it. Two knit hats, one snowproof hat, two pair knit gloves, two pair snow gloves, two pair snow boots (one pair is from the year before and might be a bit snug, or it might be a size big from sizing up on sale), two pair snowpants (same as boots in size up or down), one raincoat, one pair rainboots, one fall jacket. I have a LOT of hooks to hang everything up in the laundry room, LOL. I don't do scarves for the kids, but I do them for me. I do not have two of everything, just one, because I don't usually totally soak something in snow on a given winter day.
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
hezdwoody
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I need to go through mine too. I'm planning on pulling all the winter gear out of each individual sized tub and labeling one storage tub with winter stuff. I have plenty of hats for the girls, scarves for me, and gloves. Need to get rid of some.

I'm in NC too, I have one scarf. I've had it for years and wear it rarely. But it is a pretty knit off white so it goes with about anything. I plan to keep it but could definitly do without. I have 2 coats I'm not in love with. One nice one for church/going out and one casual one for everything else would be my ideal. The same number for the kids.
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

We have snow here already so winter stuff is already overflowing the bench. But because we'll now have snow till April, I have 2 of a few things for the kids. I guess I'm not minimalist in this area. Each child has 2 snowpants, 1 coat, 1 set of boots a couple toques and numerous mitts. I do need to purge the mitts, scarves and toques. So this afternoon I'll get to it. I need to make lunch now.

thx
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezdwoody View Post
I'm in NC too, I have one scarf. I've had it for years and wear it rarely. But it is a pretty knit off white so it goes with about anything. I plan to keep it but could definitly do without. I have 2 coats I'm not in love with. One nice one for church/going out and one casual one for everything else would be my ideal. The same number for the kids.
Yeah I'm not in love with my winter stuff either. I have a few really nice gloves so I'll keep those but plan on replacing my winter stuff this year as I find a good deal and figure out eactly what I need. Probably just one nice, tailored wool trench coat looking jacket that I can dress up or down, in a neutral plaid reddish/brown shade.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
rawheid
Registered Users
seller

I was only able to get rid of a few holey mini gloves. The rest has to stay. It's lots but I need it for our long winter.

But I did put away the flip flops
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote