Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2012, 11:00 AM   #1
Fashionably Green Baby's Avatar
Fashionably Green Baby
Registered Users
Formerly: artistmom
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 7,195
My Mood:
Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

Sorry I missed a few days. I will be better

Today is Winter Gear! I know some people aren't into the cold weather yet but for many it is getting cold So go through and purge that unneeded, worn out, or too small stuff!

Advertisement

__________________
Britney
Mom of 4 little munchkins

Swag with me! 10% off at my HC store with code: diaperswappers
Fashionably Green Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #2
adjroberts's Avatar
adjroberts
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 1,132
Done! One bag to goodwill, one bag to my mom's house for my younger brothers! And one organized closet!!
adjroberts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #3
elizabeth.scalf's Avatar
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hershey PA
Posts: 2,750
My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

I need to go through mine too. I'm planning on pulling all the winter gear out of each individual sized tub and labeling one storage tub with winter stuff. I have plenty of hats for the girls, scarves for me, and gloves. Need to get rid of some.

What's realistic? One heavy winter coat, one scarf and one pair of gloves for me? Maybe one coat and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the girls (because you know something is going to get misplaced eventually)? Do I even need a scarf? I live in NC. If I have it I might wear it once or twice. But if I didn't have it... I probably would never miss it right?
__________________
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 04:15 PM   #4
cherylchoo's Avatar
cherylchoo
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: a Texan in the northern Detroit 'burbs
Posts: 24,967
My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
What's realistic? One heavy winter coat, one scarf and one pair of gloves for me? Maybe one coat and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the girls (because you know something is going to get misplaced eventually)? Do I even need a scarf? I live in NC. If I have it I might wear it once or twice. But if I didn't have it... I probably would never miss it right?
When we lived in Texas, that is what we did, exactly those numbers. And my kids were close to age in yours at that time. And honestly I never needed a scarf in Texas.

Now we live in Michigan, so I have the rule of twos for almost everything for the kids because snow=stuff is often wet when you need it. Two knit hats, one snowproof hat, two pair knit gloves, two pair snow gloves, two pair snow boots (one pair is from the year before and might be a bit snug, or it might be a size big from sizing up on sale), two pair snowpants (same as boots in size up or down), one raincoat, one pair rainboots, one fall jacket. I have a LOT of hooks to hang everything up in the laundry room, LOL. I don't do scarves for the kids, but I do them for me. I do not have two of everything, just one, because I don't usually totally soak something in snow on a given winter day.
__________________
Detroit-area SAHM to Rose 12/03, Ginger 11/05, and little Ian 4/08.
cherylchoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
hezdwoody's Avatar
hezdwoody
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: North Carolina
Posts: 644
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elizabeth.scalf View Post
I need to go through mine too. I'm planning on pulling all the winter gear out of each individual sized tub and labeling one storage tub with winter stuff. I have plenty of hats for the girls, scarves for me, and gloves. Need to get rid of some.

What's realistic? One heavy winter coat, one scarf and one pair of gloves for me? Maybe one coat and 2 pairs of gloves and 2 hats for the girls (because you know something is going to get misplaced eventually)? Do I even need a scarf? I live in NC. If I have it I might wear it once or twice. But if I didn't have it... I probably would never miss it right?
I'm in NC too, I have one scarf. I've had it for years and wear it rarely. But it is a pretty knit off white so it goes with about anything. I plan to keep it but could definitly do without. I have 2 coats I'm not in love with. One nice one for church/going out and one casual one for everything else would be my ideal. The same number for the kids.
__________________
[
hezdwoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:11 AM   #6
rawheid's Avatar
rawheid
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,707
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

We have snow here already so winter stuff is already overflowing the bench. But because we'll now have snow till April, I have 2 of a few things for the kids. I guess I'm not minimalist in this area. Each child has 2 snowpants, 1 coat, 1 set of boots a couple toques and numerous mitts. I do need to purge the mitts, scarves and toques. So this afternoon I'll get to it. I need to make lunch now.

thx
__________________
~ Heidi ~ Christian Wife and Mom
DS ~ DD ~ DS
Rustic Barnyard - Custom Refinished Furniture
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 11:55 AM   #7
elizabeth.scalf's Avatar
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Hershey PA
Posts: 2,750
My Mood:
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hezdwoody View Post
I'm in NC too, I have one scarf. I've had it for years and wear it rarely. But it is a pretty knit off white so it goes with about anything. I plan to keep it but could definitly do without. I have 2 coats I'm not in love with. One nice one for church/going out and one casual one for everything else would be my ideal. The same number for the kids.
Yeah I'm not in love with my winter stuff either. I have a few really nice gloves so I'll keep those but plan on replacing my winter stuff this year as I find a good deal and figure out eactly what I need. Probably just one nice, tailored wool trench coat looking jacket that I can dress up or down, in a neutral plaid reddish/brown shade.
__________________
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:30 PM   #8
rawheid's Avatar
rawheid
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 5,707
Re: Mini Minimalist Challenge for October 22nd!

I was only able to get rid of a few holey mini gloves. The rest has to stay. It's lots but I need it for our long winter.

But I did put away the flip flops
__________________
~ Heidi ~ Christian Wife and Mom
DS ~ DD ~ DS
Rustic Barnyard - Custom Refinished Furniture
Join me on Swagbucks

rawheid is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.