Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 01-09-2013, 03:31 PM   #1
Liz311w
Registered Users

Smile Newbie here...Hi from KS!

Hello!
My name is Liz and I joined DS when I was either pregnant with or right after I had my now 4yo son. We ended up not CDing with him thanks to a lazy DH refusing to cooperate. This time, I am due May 22nd with my 3rd kiddo, a little girl, Morgan, on May 22nd. I have made it very clear that we ARE going to be doing this this time.

So since its been awhile... where do I start? I have been researching all the different types of CD. I've been thinking about going through one of the 'rental' companies that send out a lot of various types/brands. For DH's sake, I need it to be as easy as possible, so I'm thinking pockets are not going to be our 'thing'... even though I will be doing a majority of the diapering/changing. Although I do like the idea of the pockets...

Also, for those with experience, how do you do daycare with CDing? Are most daycares willing to do it or do most require you to provide the disposable?

Thanks for any insight! I look forward to getting to know you ladies!

Advertisement

Liz311w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #2
Hellga
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Hey mama, I'm due with my first the day after yours, so I can't really give you any advice...I just wanted to say yay for Kansas! Whereabouts are you? I'm near Topeka

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
Slowly but surely making money with Swagbucks!
Hellga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 12:27 AM   #3
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: Newbie here...Hi from KS!

I am a sahm mom that has pockets and I stuff and my husband seems to be happy with them as I stuff as I want/need and he just uses like disposable (get one, put on and go). I have a stack of night dipes and a day dipe stack and soon a boy set (smaller settings) and a toddler set.

From what I have read depends on daycare.some won't do at all. some have certain requirements..so just ask. They might want pockets as I think a few have stated they found out. You can always keep looking until you find a cd friendly daycare too.

One said hers wanted a wetbag for each diaper so eventually a while back she was selling like 30 some of them as that is how many she had and then some. crazy for needing that many but if it is what it takes for daycare do it I would do it too.

I have heard here that more like pockets as you can stuff and go especially at night. Even friends of mine have gotten some because prefolds nad covers were making irritation at night. Some use wool for night just depends on taste and skin types and stuff. I can't handle wool so I don't think my babies would do well with it. only a few in real life I know have others but usually for travel to "lighten the load"like flips or something.
Old 01-10-2013, 04:32 AM   #4
newcdmommy29
Registered Users
seller

I'm in the KC area and there are a LOT of cd friendly daycares. Some make you have to have velcro diapers some dont care. Most of them will not pull the liner out of a pocket but will treat everything else the same as a disposable. If you are in the KC area let me know there are a few helpful Facebook pages with cd mamas who have great advice and will help with just about anything.
newcdmommy29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:31 PM   #5
Liz311w
Registered Users

Re: Newbie here...Hi from KS!

Thanks for the great advise! I am in the KC area (Prairie Village) to be exact. I'm not 100% sure we are going to daycare yet...still up to whether budget will allow it. I'd prefer a home daycare setting, but again, not sure on it all. I stayed home for a year with both my older kids, so not sure I can take the baby to a daycare... lol.

I did join the KC Cloth Community on FB, but if there are other ones let me know!
Liz311w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 PM   #6
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Welcome!! I'm in KS too, right smack in the middle of the state and love it! I don't have any daycare advice, but if I were you, I would look at Kissed By the Moon's newborn rental program. They have the newborn Swaddlebees Simplex diapers, among other brands to choose from. The Simplex are an All-In-One style. No stuffing or extra pieces. I would think a good, easy option for your DH and nice for you too (very easy to launder, not a lot of time stuffing pockets). When you return the diapers, you can get your money back (minus the $30 rental fee per month you use them) or get it put towards new diapers to buy for your stash. I think they also have a variety rental package to try out lots of different brands and styles. That is what confuses my DH the most, though. When we have lots of different choices. He will put on a fitted without a cover or an insert without a pocket, and pre-folds and flats are impossible for him. LOL. But I do most of the changes and just make sure he's always got a pocket stuffed and ready to go. They really are just as easy as disposables (the putting on and taking off part).