Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 08:30 AM   #21
papoosecaboose
Registered Users
seller

Re: Homebirthers

I can't believe it, but I think I'm actually going to have a homebirth this time!!!
Last baby was born in Illinois, a very anti-homebirthing state, so it was not really even an option. This time we're in KS and there is a great selection of MW's. The one we would probably use is just a bit more than an hour away.

This is my 6th birth, but would be my very first homebirth. Hubby is still not 100% on board because we did have a complication with baby #4 (shoulder distocia), but he is willing to talk with the MW and learn more. I'm pretty sure he'll come around. My first 4 births were induced with pitocin. I had the epidural, plummeting blood pressure, episiotomy, the whole 9 yards. Thanks to learning from wonderful ladies here on DS, I became more informed with baby #5 and had a totally natural birth at a friendly hospital. They didn't try to shove any interventions on me, but I did not like the half hour in bed for monitoring and a horrible nurse was taking my blood right in the middle of contractions. Also, they wouldn't let me in the birthing tub because I was only measuring 3 cm the whole time. Well, my norm is to go from 3 to 10 in 5 minutes. I've done it with my last 3 babies. Sure enough, I was at 10 cm in no time and they hadn't even brought in the tub. I was so disapointed. I would very much look forward to running the show at my own home, getting in the tub when I know it's time, etc.

If DH will not go with a homebirth, we have a birth center close by that will be the next best thing.

I'm not really afraid of anything in particular. My trust is in the Lord and that He will direct us in the right way to go.

Praying for all of us to have healthy pregnancies and easy peasy births!

Advertisement

Old 10-15-2012, 05:30 PM   #22
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am getting excited about another waterbirth. W/ #3 I did hemmorage at home and she gave me a shot of pit (late in the game honestly!) And #4 was at a birth center and they did pit immediately in my leg and gave me cycotec as a suppository to get ontop of it before anything happened. I will request that again. For at home.
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2012, 02:44 PM   #23
Leiiki
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I may finally be on track for getting dual care with a physician for my HBAC. They want me to sign some legal forms, of course, and its dependent on there being a willing doctor in the practice, but I am hopeful that things are working out.

While I like and trust my midwife, I do feel like having a physician familiar with my case will be much better than getting whoever's on call should I need to transfer before or during labor.

I won't know for sure until January, but my midwife is super-supportive and said she's happy to talk to the physician about any concerns. She recommended three doctors who have done dual care in the past, though not (yet) for HBAC.
Old 12-21-2012, 03:30 PM   #24
Mom2ManyBlessings
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leiiki View Post
I may finally be on track for getting dual care with a physician for my HBAC. They want me to sign some legal forms, of course, and its dependent on there being a willing doctor in the practice, but I am hopeful that things are working out.

While I like and trust my midwife, I do feel like having a physician familiar with my case will be much better than getting whoever's on call should I need to transfer before or during labor.

I won't know for sure until January, but my midwife is super-supportive and said she's happy to talk to the physician about any concerns. She recommended three doctors who have done dual care in the past, though not (yet) for HBAC.
That sounds good! I hope it all works out.

Im not having a homebirth any more. Im actually the complete opposite and planning my 3rd final CSection and Tubal. Lots and lots of things went into that decision, but Im at peace with it and feel its the best thing.
But I cant wait to read all ur birth stories!!

Kristen - Helpmeet to an amazing DH. Mama to seven blessings (and #8 on the way!)
Mom2ManyBlessings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2012, 02:43 AM   #25
Scaethach
Registered Users
seller
seller

I've been very back and forth with things lately. I went over the financials with the midwives and it ended up being MUCH higher than planned for. This is my first birth without dual insurance (and 2 incomes, not that it effected us much, since daycare ate most of what I made). After a lot of discussion with DH, I signed up for our state's Medicaid. We are technically quite low income, but budget well and live within our means, so normally assistance is not even considered. Now in 2013 the state may be dropping homebirths, nobody really knows what is going on. I may or may not have to transfer. Right now still hoping to have a homebirth but I also can't put an unfair strain on the household for it, when a hospital or birth center would be covered 100%. So just a waiting game to see what the state meetings have determined.
Like my Facebook! Etsy
Scaethach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 03:37 PM   #26
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

I want to have a home birth but we will see.
Old 01-05-2013, 09:56 AM   #27
Ixchel
Registered Users

planning our homebirth, this will be our 3rd babe but 2nd homebirth (first was CNM attended birthing center).
I'm super excited about it, scared about an anterior babe that might shoot out (my first 2 were posterior but fast) & I've never felt a labor contraction in my front side so that would be very different.
We've had 2 midwife appointments so far & everything has been super great except my iron levels tanked. Hoping to be able to pull those back up some. Measuring well & gaining despite the fact that I've been super sick still & look tiny. The belly will catch up, it always gets big eventually
Ixchel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2013, 09:00 PM   #28
Lisathena
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am getting WAY excited about planning it and i am planning as our MW wont make it, hopefully she does but she will be 1 1/2 hrs away if not more and my last labor/delivery was only 2 1/2 hrs SO i am preping myself to UC if need be
Lisathena is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 04:41 PM   #29
lemon.extract
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am having my first birth at home, might even do water birth.
I have been meeting with my midwife for a couple months now, she is lovely and I love her back-up midwife and assistant.
I am only afraid of having to transfer to the hospital (aka birthing in a hospital), other than that I am excited and can't wait.
lemon.extract is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 05:22 PM   #30
heavenlyblessedmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Have you gotten my UC info e-mail yet? If not and you'd like it I just need your e-mail address =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lisathena View Post
I am getting WAY excited about planning it and i am planning as our MW wont make it, hopefully she does but she will be 1 1/2 hrs away if not more and my last labor/delivery was only 2 1/2 hrs SO i am preping myself to UC if need be
Teresa, Married To My High School Sweetheart, Dustin, Since May 30, 2007. Mother To Philip Kael, Born February 12, 2008, Marshall Conner, Born February 12, 2009, Hunter Andrew, Born March 7, 2010, Warrick Devlin, Born February 7, 2012, & Elizabeth Lorelei born May 27, 2013
heavenlyblessedmom is offline   Reply With Quote