Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 10:00 PM   #11
mypeanut09
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Just tried the Oil Cleansing Method!

I read that you can use CJs for this too...thoughts? I don't have the money to buy all those oils but I have an extra tub of CJs.

Advertisement

I love Kissed by the Moon & I'd love it if you shopped my affiliate link! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

mypeanut09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 10:29 PM   #12
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by junebug2311
I tried to moisturize with coconut oil and it made me break out over night. I wear a lot of makeup (unfortunately) and I need something that won't overdry my skin, but also removes ever single but of makeup before bed (because that makes me break out, too)... What do you recommend?
Ditto this. I guess I'm just not hippie enough as I can't seem to give up my makeup
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:21 AM   #13
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lynn97

Ditto this. I guess I'm just not hippie enough as I can't seem to give up my makeup
Haha, I agree, too! Although, since becoming a sahm I have found myself wearing much less makeup than when I worked in an office. I have never liked my oily, patchy, uneven skin, and have tried to cover it. I do hope the OCM will bring such incredible results to my skin that I can face the world bare-skinned

I did read another post on here about a natural makeup company, The All Natural Face. I checked out their website, and their prices seem very reasonable (which is not always the case with natural products). I would like to order some items from them, but haven't taken that plunge yet. Has anyone else used this company? How do you like their products?
Old 09-29-2012, 12:09 AM   #14
lynn97
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by indigo152

Haha, I agree, too! Although, since becoming a sahm I have found myself wearing much less makeup than when I worked in an office. I have never liked my oily, patchy, uneven skin, and have tried to cover it. I do hope the OCM will bring such incredible results to my skin that I can face the world bare-skinned

I did read another post on here about a natural makeup company, The All Natural Face. I checked out their website, and their prices seem very reasonable (which is not always the case with natural products). I would like to order some items from them, but haven't taken that plunge yet. Has anyone else used this company? How do you like their products?

Same here! I'm curious to learn more about this makeup too.

Sent from my iPhone using DS Forum
lynn97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:00 AM   #15
elizabeth.scalf
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'd never heard not to use coconut oil for OCM, but that's what I've been using! It worked for me, and I'm to the point where I rarely use soap on my face, and only use the coconut oil a few times a week to moisturize. Since I don't wear makeup I don't often have to actual cleanse.
SAHM to Coralie, 1/09, Siri 9/10, Ellie Sue 9/12, Baby #4 due May 2014.
elizabeth.scalf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 05:51 PM   #16
indigo152
Registered Users
seller

Has anyone with rosacea tried this? My friend has been struggling with rosacea, and I was going to recommend the oil cleansing method, but have read mixed reviews online.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 PM   #17
Southern Momma
Registered Users
Formerly: MorrigansMomma
seller
seller

My Mood:

I am wanting to try this! This site gives different oils to use for different skin types and at what percentage to mix your chosen carrier oil with castor oil. I can't wait to give a try

The Oil Cleansing Method:
http://www.ourhomemadehappiness.com/...-facewash.html

and for moisturizers:
http://www.ourhomemadehappiness.com/...isturizer.html
Old 10-18-2012, 08:08 PM   #18
AutumnRose
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I've been trying the OCM for a couple weeks now. Castor oil, grapeseed oil, jojoba oil, tea tree oil and lavender. Im 26 and still breaking out, OCM hasn't caused any more breakouts then usual, so I might as well stick with it!

My skin is def. softer, but I still have black heads. Was kinda hoping they'd be noticeably gone by now. Sigh.

I've also made a scrub out of almond meal, ground oats, cinnamon, and moisten it with honey to get a nice exfoliation.
Old 10-20-2012, 12:48 AM   #19
corinne76
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm considering giving this another go.
For those of you who do the OCM AND wear makeup, do you remove your MU only at the end of the day? For me, if we go out, whenever we get home, even if its lunch time, I wash my face. I can't stand feeling oily and having makeup on my face when I'm at home. I don't feel clean So would I use a regular face wash in the middle of the day and do the OCM at night?
Old 10-20-2012, 01:18 AM   #20
an_aurora
Registered Users

I wear makeup (primer, foundation, powder, blush, eyeliner, eyeshadow, mascara and lip gloss) and I use the OCM. I have had really good results with coconut oil, although it does not work for some people. I use about a tablespoon of castor oil, 3 Tablespoons of jojoba oil and about a tablespoon of coconut oil, shake that up in a squirt bottle, and then I pour some sugar in a bowl, squirt a little honey and enough of the oil combo to make a thick paste and wash my face with that. It makes a great scrub and it takes care of my blackheads! I usually do that once a day in the evening to take my makeup off, and use St Ives Apricot Scrub in the shower in the morning.
an_aurora is offline   Reply With Quote