Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #31
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Got a big sample to drop off today

It actually looks like there are less of these brown/black grainy flecks. Maybe it is clearing out?

How about a photo? This is the bottom of her potty after I've scooped out the sample. There are a few flecks in the top left and a good one near the bottom. Does this look familiar to anyone? Digested blood or something else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3159718169.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	120975  

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller

Re: Dirt in baby's poop?

No idea about the flecks but is that mucus? If it is that could point to food allergies.

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Dirt in baby's poop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
No idea about the flecks but is that mucus? If it is that could point to food allergies.
Looks like mucus to me too. It may just be the picture but it looks really slimy for baby poop.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

Looks like mucus to me too. It may just be the picture but it looks really slimy for baby poop.
I see what you mean. It's partly picture, partly swirled with urine. It was creamy, I swear
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
My lo was severally allergic to milk and soy. She has had blood on her stool since she was about 3 weeks old, and LOTS of mucous. I knew something was wrong when her bf diapers where green and smelled HORRIBLE and then the red spots started showing up.

What have you tried eliminating?
Old 09-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #36
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
My lo was severally allergic to milk and soy. She has had blood on her stool since she was about 3 weeks old, and LOTS of mucous. I knew something was wrong when her bf diapers where green and smelled HORRIBLE and then the red spots started showing up.

What have you tried eliminating?
Dairy, soy, wheat/all gluten, eggs, nuts, corn, tomatoes, citrus, pork, poultry, shellfish, most fish, most fruits and vegetables, most beans, and any qualifying foods with mystery ingredients such as "natural flavoring". Dairy since her birth and the rest for almost 3 months now. I had eliminated beef but she seems to tolerate it. She used to have watery/mucosy diarrhea, but she's been mostly good for a long time now. Never blood, so these flecks really baffle me. Why now?
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Ugh, that's so frustrating. I went through that dance with DD too, still battle it today.

I hope it stops soon and you get some answers!!!
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #38
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Ugh, that's so frustrating. I went through that dance with DD too, still battle it today.

I hope it stops soon and you get some answers!!!
Thanks. Yes, it has been very frustrating, and now there are the black dots even though she's been "okay" sensitivity-wise. What a puzzler.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #39
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
I had my diet down to brown rice, squash and sweet potatoes for 3 months and my dd still had issues. I think at a certain point the damage is done and it's about healing the gut, to repair what prior allergins have damaged. We had very good luck with using a probiotic prescribed by a chiropractor and following a healing gut blog that gave great recipes of food that helped dd.

We eventually ha to put her on neocate. Hoping that we don't have the same issues with this baby boy in the way!
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
I had my diet down to brown rice, squash and sweet potatoes for 3 months and my dd still had issues. I think at a certain point the damage is done and it's about healing the gut, to repair what prior allergins have damaged. We had very good luck with using a probiotic prescribed by a chiropractor and following a healing gut blog that gave great recipes of food that helped dd.

We eventually ha to put her on neocate. Hoping that we don't have the same issues with this baby boy in the way!
Do you happen to remember the name of that healing gut blog? That sounds like a good area for me to focus on.

Fingers crossed that your LO on the way doesn't have those sensitivities!