Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-28-2012, 08:59 AM   #31
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Got a big sample to drop off today

It actually looks like there are less of these brown/black grainy flecks. Maybe it is clearing out?

How about a photo? This is the bottom of her potty after I've scooped out the sample. There are a few flecks in the top left and a good one near the bottom. Does this look familiar to anyone? Digested blood or something else?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-3159718169.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	120975  

Advertisement

Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:09 AM   #32
sojomisa's Avatar
sojomisa
Registered Users
seller
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: MD
Posts: 5,465
Re: Dirt in baby's poop?

No idea about the flecks but is that mucus? If it is that could point to food allergies.
__________________
Kim, a doing what works for us mama to S (06/01), J (03/03), M (12/07) and S (01/11)

Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. It's about learning to dance in the rain. - Vivian Greene
sojomisa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #33
jen_batten's Avatar
jen_batten
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 4,827
Re: Dirt in baby's poop?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojomisa View Post
No idea about the flecks but is that mucus? If it is that could point to food allergies.
Looks like mucus to me too. It may just be the picture but it looks really slimy for baby poop.
jen_batten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 12:21 PM   #34
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by jen_batten

Looks like mucus to me too. It may just be the picture but it looks really slimy for baby poop.
I see what you mean. It's partly picture, partly swirled with urine. It was creamy, I swear
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 PM   #35
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
My lo was severally allergic to milk and soy. She has had blood on her stool since she was about 3 weeks old, and LOTS of mucous. I knew something was wrong when her bf diapers where green and smelled HORRIBLE and then the red spots started showing up.

What have you tried eliminating?
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 05:28 AM   #36
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
My lo was severally allergic to milk and soy. She has had blood on her stool since she was about 3 weeks old, and LOTS of mucous. I knew something was wrong when her bf diapers where green and smelled HORRIBLE and then the red spots started showing up.

What have you tried eliminating?
Dairy, soy, wheat/all gluten, eggs, nuts, corn, tomatoes, citrus, pork, poultry, shellfish, most fish, most fruits and vegetables, most beans, and any qualifying foods with mystery ingredients such as "natural flavoring". Dairy since her birth and the rest for almost 3 months now. I had eliminated beef but she seems to tolerate it. She used to have watery/mucosy diarrhea, but she's been mostly good for a long time now. Never blood, so these flecks really baffle me. Why now?
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2012, 10:16 PM   #37
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
Ugh, that's so frustrating. I went through that dance with DD too, still battle it today.

I hope it stops soon and you get some answers!!!
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 10:21 AM   #38
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
Ugh, that's so frustrating. I went through that dance with DD too, still battle it today.

I hope it stops soon and you get some answers!!!
Thanks. Yes, it has been very frustrating, and now there are the black dots even though she's been "okay" sensitivity-wise. What a puzzler.
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 11:21 AM   #39
tinyblackdot's Avatar
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Texas
Posts: 5,107
My Mood:
I had my diet down to brown rice, squash and sweet potatoes for 3 months and my dd still had issues. I think at a certain point the damage is done and it's about healing the gut, to repair what prior allergins have damaged. We had very good luck with using a probiotic prescribed by a chiropractor and following a healing gut blog that gave great recipes of food that helped dd.

We eventually ha to put her on neocate. Hoping that we don't have the same issues with this baby boy in the way!
__________________
Melanie-Mommy to my HERO Madeline 1/15/07-8/23/13 Fight For Maddie and our Bumble Bean-jamin 1/19/13
tinyblackdot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2012, 08:50 PM   #40
Mom2jandb's Avatar
Mom2jandb
Registered Users
seller
seller
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,963
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyblackdot
I had my diet down to brown rice, squash and sweet potatoes for 3 months and my dd still had issues. I think at a certain point the damage is done and it's about healing the gut, to repair what prior allergins have damaged. We had very good luck with using a probiotic prescribed by a chiropractor and following a healing gut blog that gave great recipes of food that helped dd.

We eventually ha to put her on neocate. Hoping that we don't have the same issues with this baby boy in the way!
Do you happen to remember the name of that healing gut blog? That sounds like a good area for me to focus on.

Fingers crossed that your LO on the way doesn't have those sensitivities!
Mom2jandb is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Copyright 2005 - 2014 Escalate Media. All Rights Reserved.