Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 07:51 AM   #1
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Do I sell an Ergo to buy a BabyHawk?

So I'm hearing rave reviews from people I know and love who are seasoned BWers about BabyHawks!

I'm so intrigued...I have many many carriers and love my Ergo...is the BH good enough that it's worth selling my beloved Ergo to raise the PP to buy a EUC/VGUC BabyHawk??

I have an Ergo in the Galaxy Grey or whatever design...it's carried three baby's now and looks so great, has stood the test of time so well....I hike with it, go to the store, love different holds, etc...is the babyhawk as good? I'm SOoooo itching to have one! hahaha.

What do you mamas and papas think?? What are your feelings about the BH!?

Advertisement

Old 09-27-2012, 07:58 AM   #2
mommyria2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Do I sell an Ergo to buy a BabyHawk?

It really comes down to personal preference. Maybe if you know someone with a BH you can borrow one for a day. If I were you and loved my Ergo I would just stick with it. Although I do understand the itch to buy more carriers... I went through several before I decided on on my Ergo and ring sling, so now I need to get the others ready to sell.
Old 09-27-2012, 08:04 AM   #3
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommyria2 View Post
It really comes down to personal preference. Maybe if you know someone with a BH you can borrow one for a day. If I were you and loved my Ergo I would just stick with it. Although I do understand the itch to buy more carriers... I went through several before I decided on on my Ergo and ring sling, so now I need to get the others ready to sell.

I think that's partly what it is! Hahaha I'm just itchy to buy more!! I don't know anyone in real life with one...it's just ladies I've known forever or women from my DDC, stuff like that...they've been posting some pretty impressive endorsements! One woman who is really awesome and whose opinion I trust, said she has carried 4-5 babies in her BH and that it is awesome for all ages and stages and has held up really well.

Ooooo I waaannnttt! Thanks for your input!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:21 AM   #4
tinyblackdot
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I would keep the Ergo, if you are only going to have one.

You can use the Ergo for any age, and it has a hood, the Babyhawks do not have a hood, which makes baby or toddler sleeping on your back impossible.

After 4 years of trying out just about every carrier out there, i am registering for an Ergo for this baby if that says anything
Old 09-27-2012, 08:25 AM   #5
SelenaJean
Registered Users

I had lots of carriers and Ergo is my fave. In fact I let my friend borrow mine and have been using a babyhawk Oh Snap with my toddler which I don't like as much. I miss my ergo!
Old 09-27-2012, 08:26 AM   #6
Hands&Fire Pottery
Registered Users
Formerly: hello2000
seller

My Mood:

I wouldn't sell my Ergo until I was 100% sure we were done with kids. If you love it, I would keep it.
Hands&Fire Pottery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:03 AM   #7
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for talking me down, ladies...I was really feeling crazy for a second. I think the reason I would even CONSIDER it, is because my third baby is so small right now and I recently scored a SWEET old school Kangaroo Korner fleece pouch (I am obsessed with fleece pouches for 0-9mos old babies) so I've been slinging her in that mostly and only wearing her in the Ergo when we go hiking....

But you are making me remember that my Ergo has carried some heavy-*** toddlers with ease! I was wearing my 2.5 year old on my back up until my newest baby came. So, I think I am going to try like hell to raise the PP selling other little things so I can just buy a BH, but I do not think it would be wise to sell my Ergo.

I don't know that I will ever sell it. I can save it for my kids to use with their babies...can't I? Like, if I store it properly to keep the fibers in top shape?? The design is pretty timeless, right??

My poor Ergo, I can't believe I was even talking that way...good things it's in the car, maybe it didn't sense my betrayal! Hahahha
Old 09-27-2012, 12:14 PM   #8
nursesweet
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've tried at least a half dozen different baby carriers (including Babyhawk) and at the end of the day, The Ergo is my favourite. The Babyhawk is a close second for me however. I also LOVE the fabrics.
nursesweet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 06:42 AM   #9
BroodyWoodsGal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nursesweet View Post
I've tried at least a half dozen different baby carriers (including Babyhawk) and at the end of the day, The Ergo is my favourite. The Babyhawk is a close second for me however. I also LOVE the fabrics.

^Well that's my thing, too! I m a NUT about their different fabrics...ooooo!
Old 09-28-2012, 12:40 PM   #10
Addisynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

I would sell the ergo for a bh. I have both an prefer my bh!
Addisynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote