Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-27-2012, 09:08 AM   #1
huntmother2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
ideas to get more milk in

I think i am keeping up with her demands but sometimes i dont know if shes getting enough, or if shes emptying and i know that you need to be emptied out in order to produce more so im just wondering what others have done and their luck with what they did. she nurses every 2 hours sometimes 3 hours, and i try to pump everytime after shes nursed but it just seems like theres not enough time between when i get done pumping and her next feeding. HELP!! getting frustrated kind of! a week ago today i began taking fenugreek 2 capsules 3x a day and really didnt see much change, so today im going to start taking 3, 3xa day. anybody else have better luck with other things. also, i am drinking and eating enough, i make sure of that. would anybody suggest that one beer a day thing?

Advertisement

huntmother2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:22 AM   #2
abunchoflemons
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:
Re: ideas to get more milk in

Thistle, mothers milk tea or the mothers milk plus I think it is.lots of water. Depending on how old maybe trying to increase ur supply so let it be & try not to be stressed is a big thing.
abunchoflemons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 09:23 AM   #3
BellaPepper
Registered Users
seller

Oatmeal is a great supply booster I eat it every day when my babes are little (and oatmeal cookies count too). Also try massaging your breast near the end of the feeding, it will make sure all the hind milk is released.

If your baby seems content, isn't crying, and is having frequent wet and poopy diapers then most likely he/she is getting enough milk. I know it's hard when you can't see exactly how much milk they are consuming though. Unless you are for sure having supply issues you probably don't need to pumping after every feeding.
BellaPepper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2012, 04:39 PM   #4
huntmother2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how much oatmeal? a packet a day? i can easily eat that! thanks for the great advice!
Old 09-28-2012, 02:50 AM   #5
Connor
Registered Users
seller

Fenugreek works best if taken with blessed thistle. Don't use packet oatmeal, use the kind you have to cook. The less processed/broken down the better, steel cut oats being the best.
Old 09-28-2012, 09:41 AM   #6
hohaas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Fenugreek/blessed thistle did not work for me. Steel cut oats every day for breakfast did give me a little boost as well as more feeding/pumping and fluids.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:15 AM   #7
huntmother2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how much of the blessed thistle do you take? im going to get the 30mg. do you take one three times a day or what would you suggest?
Old 09-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #8
Addisynsmommy
Registered Users
seller

Oatmeal also works great for me! I always eat a bowl for breakfast and sometimes even for lunch or a snack!
Addisynsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:01 PM   #9
FindingMercy
Registered Users
Formerly: Evie'sMama
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by huntmother2
i know that you need to be emptied out in order to produce more ?
just so you know, this is not true. Your body will make milk based on how much demand your child provides at the breast. You should always try to empty one side before switching her to the other, but don't worry about her needing to completely empty you every time you nurse.

I blog about our family, trans-racial adoption, gluten-free cooking, and crafting

FindingMercy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2012, 01:05 PM   #10
huntmother2
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so will the packets of oatmeal that you just add water or milk to help at all, thats what i have on hand so thats what im doing? just curious! and thank you FindingMercy! i did not know that! i thought it order to produce more that i needed to be emptied out! good to know that thats not the case!