Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 04-16-2014, 10:45 PM   #1
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
What wool brands do you like best and why?

I'm a first time cd'er for my 4mth old dd. She has super sensitive skin and since her tush always seems best in the morning after using her GMD WH and wool cover I want to start making the transition to full time wool. Right now I have a Disana for nights and a Babee Greens and Kissas for daytime...

I want to start buying some longies that will double for cover/pj pants and don't know which will be best. I've looked at the aristocrats, ruskovilla and alpaca pants from GMD so far...

Also was looking into the LanaCare nighttime cover...

These are all so expensive though, really I want bulletproof for nighttime that doesn't blow my budget...

Thank you in advance for your help!!!

Advertisement

nellycakes80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 05:44 AM   #2
Jcurrie
Registered Users
seller

For nighttime I found an interlock waistband to best to stay put, upcycled slides down when my DS rolls around all night.

For budget myecobaby on etsy makes really nice upcycled pieces and has some interlock options too. She will customize anything for you at no extra charge and is very fast turnaround. Also, woollybottoms makes awesome soakers (I'm sure their other pieces are great too I just never tried them).

Pricier stuff that I love is Bumby interlock. Hands down my favourite wool pieces which are sturdy ( I wash on gentle in the machine) and work perfectly. My ds wears bumby every night and most if his daytime wool is bumby as well. You can really customize the size and there is a couple Facebook groups to help with options or to b/s/t. For hand knit I only have 2 pieces that are from Not Your Granny's Knitting and I love them both
Jcurrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2014, 08:06 AM   #3
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: What wool brands do you like best and why?

Upcycled with an elastic waist is cheap and effective. It shouldn't slip down unless your elastic is too loose. It is also extremely easy to care for. I made my own for maybe $2 each. I did make sure to completely felt my wool by washing in hot, rinsing on cold and machine drying the sweaters several times first. This made the fabric more dense and made them machine washable for easy care. It also meant I didn't need to finish the seams on the inside because they were not going to unravel being completely felted. This was a definite plus since my sewing machine only did straight stitch. No zigzag for me.
Old 04-17-2014, 11:16 AM   #4
nellycakes80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Thumbs up Re: What wool brands do you like best and why?

Thank you!! I will look into your suggestions Jcurrie

qsefthuko thank you too!! I know!! I've gone as far as going and looking at the thrift shop for wool clothes but that's where the journey has ended thus far, I really just need to grab the bull by his horns and do it already. My excuse is I don't have a sewing machine, really? Like hand stitching such a small piece would be that much work!
nellycakes80 is offline   Reply With Quote