Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-03-2012, 09:28 AM   #21
MomdeIsla
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: S/O--if you have a huge nb stash...

36 made by me fitteds
10 PUL covers- made by me
15 flour sack towels
4 snappiable contours
2 flannel flats

In the drawers-->3 fleece soakers, 1 fleece longie, 2 nb wool soakers, 4 nb wool longies, 2 wool sheepysacks, 1 wool soaker size small, 1 fleece longies, 2 fleece soakers small, and 1 wool longies size small, also have 6 flip covers for later
54 washcloths for wipes

I'm gettting ready to knit another size small longies for winter/ spring

Advertisement

Last edited by MomdeIsla; 10-03-2012 at 09:31 AM.
MomdeIsla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:32 AM   #22
reachtothestars
Registered Users
seller

I used to, but I sold what didn't fit well.
Lets see if this works, copying and pasting from another thread I made.

Meet Lucas 2 weeks old. Born at 8lbs 7oz. He has kind of chunky thighs for a NB.

Keep in mind all babies are different, but this is how these diapers work for us.

Lucas pees A LOT, but his poops are on the smaller side and have never leaked out of cloth.

Snuggle Bummis Side Snapping Newborn Fitted:
Great fit with a good amount of absorbency. The outside is only slightly damp after being peed in. I like that the crotch is nice and trim and the legs are very streatchy so they don't dig into my chunky baby's legs.

Clover Hill Crafts Newborn Fitted:
Fits great. I was a bit skeptical of the absorbency at first. The soaker looks kind of thin, but it has good absorbency and fits well.

Orange Diaper Co. XS Side Snapping Fitted:
You must wash this diaper a few times on hot before you use it. It shrinks a lot. When it arrived it fit my 20lb toddler. Now that it is fully shrunk it fits well with good absorbency.

Mandie's Menagerie Newborn Fitted (modified with snaps):
I love the unique way this diaper is made however it lacks the amount of absorbency that we need. It isn't really bulky so I think a doubler will solve the problem.

Bubbu Bebe NB Fitted (second quality):
This diaper has kind of an odd fit, but I can't remember why it is a second, so that could be why. If you notice, it is snapped on the largest setting for his waist but is loose around his thighs. I definitely don't really care for how bulky it is for how small it is. It does have good absorbency for us even possibly too much for daytime use.

Green Mountain Diaper Orange Edge Unbleached Prefold (hand dyed by me):
Pardon my poor fold and snappi job. I am not so good at it. Despite that the prefold is absorbent and holds well. Works best for me trifolded in a cover. It is a little snug when snappied, but I think bigger would be too big.

Imese Vimse NB Cover:
Love how soft this cover is and the way the aplix is sewn in, but it is very large. You can see I placed the closures lower and folded down the top and there are gaps in the legs. I have not yet had any leaks when used with a snappi.

Plump NB Fitted:
This diaper is for at night and super soakers. I found that only the first layer of the soaker is the only thing that is ever wet, when most other brands are damp on the outside. For me this is a bit much bulk. It has pretty good fit too, but I am not sure how it will fit smaller babies.

Bummis Super Lite Newborn Cover (pictured with a trifolded itty bitty obv pb&e preflat):
This cover would be perfect for a smaller baby. I have it attached as loose as possible. It leaves scratchy touch tape on his skin. Any tighter and his poor little legs turn purple. I can't comment on how well it works as I have not left it on him for anything more than pictures.

Baby Sweet Bottoms XS Pocket Diaper (hemp insert):
I love this diaper, and I am sad my LO is so close to out growing it. How trim and absorbent will depend on what you put in it. I have mine stuffed with a 2 layer hemp insert folded in half. Trim and absorbent enough for daytime use. Because it has a cotton knit outer it does leak if you don't change it right away after baby wets.

Bum Genious 3.0 XS AIO:
Little small but trim and absorbent enough. No gaps around the legs. I would like it better if it had an umbilical cord cut out or snap down. edit: For the first time he just oversaturated this diaper and it was only on him for like 10 minutes while he nursed and I got peed on.

Trimise by Tail End Designs NB/S AIO:
If I could afford it I would have a whole stash of these. Great fit. It is like they were made just for my baby. The soaker and inside is also super absorbent and holds poo well.

Northern Mom Newborn Fitted:
Super soft and squishy. It could fit on a smaller baby but it would be really bulky. It has good absorbency, and the way the soaker is made you can fold it for good absorbency for boys or girls depending where you need the absorbency. Still lots of growing room for my little man in this diaper.

Katrina Pattern Recycled Wool Size Small:
This fits great over most of our fitted diapers. I have not tried it over a prefold yet. It is also the same fit as a size small Sheep in a Heap soaker if you are looking at other brands.

Cloth-eez Workhorse Fitted Newborn (hand dyed by me):
This diaper is cheap. You must have a cover or doublers to make it functional. I find that it is quickly soaked and doesn't hold poo well at all. It is trim.

Thirsties Duo Size1 Cover (GMD Newborn Prefold inside)
These have a really good fit over prefolds. I find they don't really fit over most of my extra fluffy fitteds, but for prefolds they are the best. No leaks yet and they are my dh's top pick.

BSRB Itty Bitty AIO Pinnable
I could only find one pin, so I struggled to get the snappi to work for me. This diaper has a great fit. I put in a doubler because I didn't think the one it came with was enough. Good thing I did even with that I got a bit of a compression leak. I think I would like it better if it was just an itty bitty fitted.

Newborn/Small Hand Knit Soaker
None of the newborn soakers fit Lucas. I could not even get they up past his knees. I am very glad I got a few of these newborn/smalls. They fit him really well and will fit for a little while longer.

Weehuggers Size 1:
This cover fits really well but has some major flaws IMO. The fabric is stiff. This means that when it rubs your littler one's belly it really rubs. Does not work with umbilical cord. It has an inner cotton fabric that is backed with pul. I understand the concept but it doesn't work. No matter how I use the cover those flaps always get wet. This makes for a cover you can only really use once. On the largest snap setting it fits my toddler, so you will get good wear out of the diaper.

Heartland Dreams Newborn Fitted:
Everything I expected from a Heartland Dreams. Love the quality and the fit. The front is cut nice and low and it can get bigger or smaller still.

Rump-a-Rooz Newborn Cover (Over Orange Edge GMD):
This will fit a tiny newborn great as well as a bigger one. It has a really small setting and it has larger settings for bigger newborns.

Eli Monster AIO Size Small:
Nice fit. Love how soft and fuzzy the minky is. Fits great for the newborn stage. Not as absorbent as my prefolds, but then nothing other than fitteds are.

Things that never fit:
Little Stitch Newborn Soaker
Mobums Newborn Soaker
Cutzie Designs Newborn Longies

Size Smalls That Fit Well:
Bottombumpers

One Size Diaper & Cover Action Shots: (all covers, hybrids & pockets have a newborn prefold)

GroVia OneSize:

BumGenious 4.0 OS:

Rump-a-Rooz OS:

Preston's Pants:

nak

Last edited by reachtothestars; 10-03-2012 at 09:34 AM.
reachtothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 09:44 AM   #23
simplyleah87
Registered Users
seller

Love the action shots!!! Such a cutie!!!

I'm surprised how well the OS fits a newb! Are any if your NB dipes wahm?
Old 10-03-2012, 09:56 AM   #24
reachtothestars
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: S/O--if you have a huge nb stash...

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplyleah87 View Post
Love the action shots!!! Such a cutie!!!

I'm surprised how well the OS fits a newb! Are any if your NB dipes wahm?
Thanks, a lot of them actually.

He is a big newborn. He was only 19 inches long. Very short and chunky. In the NICU his hospital shirt wouldn't even close around his big tummy.

They were still bit. Looking back at my reviews now. I really hated the way BG fit on him back then. Still doesn't fit the best, but not at all like it used to.

In another group I have each diaper linked to where I bought them from, but I don't think I am allowed to share on here.

There are a lot to list but if you ask I can tell you if it is WAHM or not.
reachtothestars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 10:01 AM   #25
jennayoung99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

24 lil joey's AIO
13 newborn goodmamas fitted
1 newborn nanipoo fitted
15 NB prefold fitteds (3 pictured, i still need to make the rest)
5 size 1 thirsties duo cover
3 newborn longies
1 newborn romper
1 newborn overalls
(hoping to get a couple of summer woolies)

i'd like to get a couple of RSD newborn AIOs, and make a couple of my own, but this is what we have so far.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:23 PM   #26
madmollyann
Registered Users
seller

Wow! What beautiful stashes! We did a newborn rental since this was our first and we wanted to be 100% set on cloth before making the investment. But after seeing these stashes I'm tempted to buy whenever #2 rolls around.
madmollyann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:09 PM   #27
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by amiecheatham View Post
love how you have pics of every diaper! I would be way embarrassed to put my obsession- I mean diapers- out on FB for all my "normal" friends to see! lol I'm already embarrassed by pinterest!
Thanks. Most my IRL friends get it and adore the dipes. THANK GOD!
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:49 PM   #28
dncnshu00
Registered Users
seller

Here's my stash. I have:

5 Diaper Safari OS Pockets
2 No Name Ebay Pockets
3 Swaddlebees Simplex 2.0 AIO
4 TeenyTinyHiney AIO
4 BumGenius Newborn AIO
4 Swaddlebees Newborn Simplex
2 Blueberry Mini Pockets
1 Swaddlebees Pocket
5 Grovia Newborn AIO
2 Lil Joeys (not pictured)
1 WAHM AIO (not pictured)
1 WAHM AI2 (not pictured)
1 Bumkins AIO (not pictured)

That stash isn't that huge you say? What would you say if I told you I currently have 33 more diapers on their way to my house. That's right....33 more diapers. I HAVE A PROBLEM....SOMEBODY STOP ME!!!!
dncnshu00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:53 PM   #29
jojoreta
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Lol!!! 33 otw is pretty awesome!

You ladies have some really beautiful stashes! I need to get pics of all the nb stuff we have....watch I take it all out the hospital bags and spontaneously go into labor! **runs off hoping that's what's in store for us**

**patiently waiting for baby #3 to arrive**
jojoreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:16 PM   #30
mamamarisa
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

reachtothestars your baby is soooo cute, and he has my bday(april 2 lol). i love everyones stashes