Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-12-2012, 12:05 PM   #31
qsefthuko
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Re: Anyone else getting played?

I haven't had any selling issues yet. I did have some things I was interested in buying. I think it took almost 2 weeks to get the seller to finally respond though. By that time I had something else I wanted to buy instead so the sale was a no go. I did let her know though.

Advertisement

qsefthuko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #32
snoggle
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was, but the seller is the flake in my case. First I said I wanted the diapers. Then I get a response back that the price is higher since she didn't realize it would cost so much to ship. I quickly said fine, I still want them. Then I get a response back that she'd already agreed to sell them to someone else who had until noon (it was about 10:30AM) to pay her. Never heard back after that.

I'm a Family Nurse Practitioner but I work in Women's Health. Married to my DH since 2005. We love our menagerie of animals at Nutwood Farm.
snoggle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #33
booty hunter
Queen of Funny Auotcorrects
seller
seller

My Mood:

So far in the last day and a half I have had two people pm saying they want everything I am selling in my post and ask for my pp,only to have both of them back out AFTER they said they were going to pay. Seriously I feel like it must be some kind of fun new game. I have so much more stuff to list but what is the point? SELLING things is easy the problem is getting PAID seems to be impossible.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:57 PM   #34
c&w's mama
Registered Users
seller
seller

I'm really sorry to hear of everyone's troubles, but thanks from a newbie on here who wants to sell items soon. Its so good to know what I'm getting into- scary- but I really appreciate all this information and actual stories.
c&w's mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2012, 01:00 PM   #35
gastonanne
Registered Users

super frustrating
gastonanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:09 PM   #36
lovewool
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I took a 4 month hiatus from selling or being on ds, and came back, and can't believe how often it happens when someone asks to buy something and then doesn't follow through now. And I saw a thread a few weeks ago about lowball offers, and I've definitely been getting ridiculously low offers. Someone offered me $35 for 2 items that were $50 combined. I think that's just way too low of an offer.

eta: what really ticks me off is when I send people my paypal address, I now ask if they will please let me know if they decide not to buy so I don't have to keep them pending for no reason. And they still don't get back to me in a lot of cases.

Last edited by lovewool; 10-15-2012 at 05:13 PM.
lovewool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:15 PM   #37
Only
Registered Users
Formerly: hu**rees
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovewool
I took a 4 month hiatus from selling or being on ds, and came back, and can't believe how often it happens when someone asks to buy something and then doesn't follow through now. And I saw a thread a few weeks ago about lowball offers, and I've definitely been getting ridiculously low offers. Someone offered me $35 for 2 items that were $50 combined. I think that's just way too low of an offer.

eta: what really ticks me off is when I send people my paypal address, I now ask if they will please let me know if they decide not to buy so I don't have to keep them pending for no reason. And they still don't get back to me in a lot of cases.
Some of the offers people make are ridiculous.

Austen 06/12
Only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 05:35 PM   #38
A21Lee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shimpie View Post
It goes both ways. I get this with sellers too. I pm to ask if something is available, for more detail on the condition, etc. The seller gets back to me with answers and when I commit to buying, they dissapear. One seller stoped communicating for over a week and then pm me saying she updated her photos. Turns out, one of the two items I wanted had been sold. Gah! I was so turned off, I decided not to buy.
Me, too! It goes both ways! Really frustrating!
A21Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:19 PM   #39
momof3boys1girl
No Longer Here

My Mood:

momof3boys1girl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 05:52 PM   #40
norrahsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
That is why I just hoard everything and only pm/reply to a post if I want an item and am able to pay immediately. I have only tried to sell a couple of covers and it didn't go well for me so I decided that I would keep everything and once I am done, I will be donating it all to someone in need.
Lacee- Mommy to my girls Norrah(4/09) and Naomi(1/13) Expecting #3 (10/14)

norrahsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote